What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New here. Would like info for best tincture for nerve pain

6Hypnone

I have quite a few issues... Lyme disease, Co infections, mold illness being the biggest.
Along with many other symptoms, like migrating bone pain, unexplained neck pain, dizziness, headaches, shocks in my foot, etc etc, I have, sometimes, stabbing nerve pain in my right foot, in 1 toe, comes on randomly and causes an s*load of anxiety. It's pretty much ruined any life I used to have.

I use low dose naltrexone for it, working up the dose, and a 50/50 thc/cbd tincture called tangerine. It was recommended to me at the dispensary.

I just started it but the pain is sudden and random so it could probably only help as a preventative.

I do not want to be high, just without pain. Besides this, any other tinctures that are recommended? I've been treating the lyme for 4 years and mold for 1.5. So far this pain has not gotten better. Both can cause this, as well.

:1help:

troutman

Seed Whore
Sorry about all your medical issues. :comfort:

Did you ask your doctor for a muscle relaxer? They help to cut down on muscle spams.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have neuropathy, which gives me extremely sharp, dull, numb, burning foot pain. I take the whole cocktail of gabapentine, norcos, amitripline, and some of them work sometimes. I make a thc oil, and add some CBD oil to it as well as a CBD cream, they all work sometimes. Like you said it has changed my life not being able to walk very well, my balance is off cause my feet are numb. I have to be careful driving but i can do it. So basically you might have to try a few different mixes of oil, that will give you temporary relief without getting high, or being to drowsy. I have had this condition for years now and still live on my ranch but can’t do what I used to do which is frustrating sometimes but I have a golf cart so I can get out and do some things, actually in these days it is a benefit to be able to go out and not worry about the virus. I hope you find something that has some benefit for your symptoms...

GoatCheese

Veteran
Sorry about all your medical issues. :comfort:

Did you ask your doctor for a muscle relaxer? They help to cut down on muscle spams.
Muscle relaxants (orphenadrine) messed up my muscles 6 years ago ...quite badly and it feels it's for life. Used them for few days for tight and inflamated back/shoulders/arm, now my knees are constantly aching, and muscles in my whole body feel tighter than ever. And doctors here tell me there should be no major side effects for that drug we know of. Too bad for me.

They don't suit everybody. Cannabis is safer if it is any help.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have neuropathy, which gives me extremely sharp, dull, numb, burning foot pain. I take the whole cocktail of gabapentine, norcos, amitripline, and some of them work sometimes. I make a thc oil, and add some CBD oil to it as well as a CBD cream, they all work sometimes. Like you said it has changed my life not being able to walk very well, my balance is off cause my feet are numb. I have to be careful driving but i can do it. So basically you might have to try a few different mixes of oil, that will give you temporary relief without getting high, or being to drowsy. I have had this condition for years now and still live on my ranch but can’t do what I used to do which is frustrating sometimes but I have a golf cart so I can get out and do some things, actually in these days it is a benefit to be able to go out and not worry about the virus. I hope you find something that has some benefit for your symptoms...
Make a topical from Harlequin. I'm a diabetic woks for me.

Recipe: 14 g of Har
1c of grape seed oil it has deeper penetration when compared to MCT oil
1oz beeswax.

The std is 1oz beeswax for every cup of oil. Dissolve beeswax in oil until the wax is completely dissolved and, the mix homogeneous. It will harden as it cools.

I brew my cannabis and oil in a Levo Infuser.

PS: I grow my own so, if you are buying from a local dispensary etc... amount of bud use, depends on the potency of the bud. Hope this helps :tiphat:

BTW: Your sense of balance is out of wack because your gyros are no longer working. It is your big toes that keeps you stable. As you don't feel them any more, your eyes/through your brain cannot talk to you big toes to make adjustments. It is your eyes without knowing it (based on looking at the horizon) that send the appropriate signals. When I rinse my hair (eyes shut during a shower) I must lean against the wall to remain upright.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Neuropathic pain is linked closely with B vitamin deficiencies, check out some of Dr. Bergs videos on youtube about it. I take nutritional yeast tablets to get my B vitamins, seems the most bioavailable and natural way.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I’m not diabetic so they have no idea why i have it. Thanks for the recipe, I am sure I can find some Harelquin. The big toe makes sense because I am getting bunions so my left big toe tucks under my foot when I walk. Thanks Switcher56...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I’m not diabetic so they have no idea why i have it. Thanks for the recipe, I am sure I can find some Harelquin. The big toe makes sense because I am getting bunions so my left big toe tucks under my foot when I walk. Thanks Switcher56...
You are welcome :)

I had my wife go over Ibechillin's post and I did my own research as well. Once the nerves are dead, there is no bringing them back. I am not done on that front however. I have posted what works for me. I injured my back back in '85 I caught the back spring the wrong way off a diving board. You now the routine, 3 steps, a little hop to initiate the board and you apply full weight for the spring. My feet met the board as it was coming up. I crumpled in pain and fell in the water, backyard pool.

I built a log cabin the old fashion way in '96 and by the end of summer I was flinging 30 foot logs like match sticks. It's all in the wrist action, but I digress. Never had an issue from May - Sep. I can't sand a wall or rake leaves without being in pain when I am done. My wife does the man job because I can't. Gotta love that woman :) Anyway, after Dorian went through, we had to clean the yard 2 days. I was in pain. I took a Har canna-pill (0.26g) and had her apply my Har salve and within 30 minutes. I was pain free and about 15 min later total bliss (pill). The topical is not as potent as the combo but you should find relief. Thanks and wish you all the best :)

Big M

I've read some reports of cannabis root extract being used in topicals for neuropathy with good success.

imiubu

I have quite a few issues... Lyme disease, Co infections, mold illness being the biggest.
Along with many other symptoms, like migrating bone pain, unexplained neck pain, dizziness, headaches, shocks in my foot, etc etc, I have, sometimes, stabbing nerve pain in my right foot, in 1 toe, comes on randomly and causes an s*load of anxiety. It's pretty much ruined any life I used to have.

I use low dose naltrexone for it, working up the dose, and a 50/50 thc/cbd tincture called tangerine. It was recommended to me at the dispensary.

I just started it but the pain is sudden and random so it could probably only help as a preventative.

I do not want to be high, just without pain. Besides this, any other tinctures that are recommended? I've been treating the lyme for 4 years and mold for 1.5. So far this pain has not gotten better. Both can cause this, as well.

:1help:

Very sorry that you are suffering.

I have suffered sciatica pain for decades, comes and goes w/ out warning and is excruciating, even debilitating at times. 16yrs ago I broke/ dislocated my right ankle. The sciatica pain is no where near the nerve pain now in my ankle. The pain runs from lightning bolts up my shin, to feeling like the top of my foot is being "branded" with a blazing hot iron. Those are the worst of it. There is a myriad of other not so fun nerve pain that is more constant also.

Anyway, to combat the pain and be somewhat functional; I use a combo of cannabis "products" that I create myself.
#1 for nerve pain is vegetable glycerine tincture. The tincture provides nearly immediate relief after ingestion. I use this for the break through pain, not on a regular basis.

I make cannabis capsules from 'trim' and coconut oil that I ingest daily as a preventive. This same mixture I also use topically at the point of pain.
While the pain is never fully gone, it is reduced enough to allow me to be functional.

I rarely smoke herb during the day as I do not always want to be "high" in the daytime. The capsules and the tincture do not get me high in the way smoking does.

Hope this helps some. There are threads here that have recipes for tinctures, topicals etc...

Best of luck to you.