What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 eye protection

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I'm not sure if it's true. I've heard about it but I can't say that I know a lot about the subject. What I do know for sure is that the vast majority of growers could be doing 101 other things to tweak their grow and promote healthy plants and resin production before going and worrying about UV. A person could have the best no-UV lights in the world, but if they're only "okay" or "pretty good" at growing plants then I don't think that adding UV is going to push their buds to the next level if you know what I mean.

Got it. :headbange

weedeasy

Also, seeing that the TS1000 has a dimmer on it, what I do currently as I don't own any eye protection is, turn the lights down to the lowest light setting and do all I ned to do.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Also, seeing that the TS1000 has a dimmer on it, what I do currently as I don't own any eye protection is, turn the lights down to the lowest light setting and do all I ned to do.

There is no need to see the light directly. You can feel the brightness change when you use the dimmer. :tongue:

Vandenberg

UV light is what makes the natural lenses in your eyes get yellowed and cracked, like the back window of an old British MG ragtop. That is called "cataracts". They can replace the eye lenses later in life if you want, but wearing UV protection is a damn good idea. I spent a lot of time on the water, and am glad I wore shades. And I still had to get my eye lenses replaced a few years ago.

I've been under 1000 watt HIDs for many moon's (36 years, 1984) and did not respect the light for the damage that strong light-rays can and will cause.
I had cataracts a few years back and had my eyeball lenses replaced, so all bedda now.
I now have converted to led lights and have special led glasses (20 $) but I prefer my 15 dollar foster grant sunglasses that works as well as anything, at least I feel protected.

Vandenberg :)

Sunshineinabag

Ya those have been around forever. Us old-timers call them "sunglasses". You can but then anywhere and you don't have to pay $200 for a pair that works just fine. Designed for full spectrum light, you know, like the kind that comes out of the sun. Most people wear them while driving, but they work pretty much anywhere.

Oh I love you
:rtfo:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I've been under 1000 watt HIDs for many moon's (36 years, 1984) and did not respect the light for the damage that strong light-rays can and will cause.
I had cataracts a few years back and had my eyeball lenses replaced, so all bedda now.
I now have converted to led lights and have special led glasses (20 $) but I prefer my 15 dollar foster grant sunglasses that works as well as anything, at least I feel protected.

Vandenberg :)

You are right! Feeling protected is what others want. :biggrin: