What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

playing with aces (aka draining the seed bucket)

nldfarmer

panama black #3 smoke report

panama black #3 smoke report

It's in the mason jar and going fast, will not make it to do 2 month cure.
I had to take them all down due to mites, 8 weeks for this one.
Smell is pine and vanilla incense.
Taste is very complex. I vaporize almost exclusively, first taste is more of a sensation similar to drinking tropical juice, followed by a hard to describe sweet floral vanilla and maybe a hint of lemon, then heavy back end of pine.

High is unbelievable and pretty much falls into the same bucket as the Panama Malawi hybrids, surprisingly and overwhelmingly strong. Starts with the Rio energy and builds for fifteen minutes then nothing. Initially it feels like a regular caffeine substitute strain in that it only gives mental stimulation.

Once the build up dissipates you think you're not that high at all and try to do your next task. Ten minutes into it you realize you're just there not doing anything. Trippy, euphoric qualities along with a body sensation that is unlike any stone I've experienced. It's all sativa in effect but this knocks you around. Very long effect of 4 hours with my regular two vape bowls. First time since starting smoking that I've had these effects, very old school vibe.

I'm beyond happy and proud that they did what I wanted of them.

nldfarmer

panama black #2 harvest photos

panama black #2 harvest photos

The most beautiful pheno, nice panama shaped buds on a thin sativa neon pink frame. I will play around with this one to try to emphasize the pink coloring, #2 emphasizes the mango and citrus/floral aromas the most.

The high is probably the most energetic out of the 4 phenos, and is a little less trippy but I've yet to heavily indulge as it just got put into the jar.

nldfarmer

panama black #1 harvest photos

panama black #1 harvest photos

#1 leans more to the Rio side. More foxtails, spear like buds, slightly less dense buds than #4, but the overall bud size is large and it probably yields the most of the 4 phenos. Emphasizes the Rio's pine with the addition of the cat piss aromas and the Panama vanilla incense, not much mango/citrus yet. No real high report yet as it did not have much popcorn and is still drying.

#3 was taken at 8 weeks
#1 at 8 1/2
#2 at 8 1/2
#4 at 9 weeks

Last edited:

nldfarmer

panama black #4 harvest photos

panama black #4 harvest photos

#4, the most Panama influenced of the bunch. Nice neat dense sativa buds, it behaves more like a sativa/indica hybrid than a pure sativa. This one emphasizes what I can only assume is the Panama Goddess like terpenes: floral and heavy lemon incense. Little to no catpiss, still has the pine and mango hints in the back and front, respectively.

Wonderful bud/leaf ratio, for such a high yield I was able to trim it up in 2 days without much heavy work. This one is probably the best marriage of the two gene pools.

nldfarmer

panama black summary

panama black summary

After this grow I have determined that the line is worth playing with, and am about to double and triple down on this idea.

Malawi seedlings are sexed, with what looks like 6/6 for females. This is wonderful and lets me attempt my strategy of wide and shallow for testing genes.

The Panama Blacks will live on as clones, and I will use their genetics in the following ways:
  • Hit old killer Malawi females with special Panama Black male pollen
  • Hit new killer Malawi phenos with wild thai pollen, look through phenos for something to fem to the blacks
  • Clone and fem old killer malawis to hit the selected Panama Blacks with pollen

This will test the malawi genetics and phenos for breeding, while testing the Panama Blacks both as pollen donors and receivers. It starts the process of mixing up genes to see if I can improve on the blacks.

Provided that these tests turn out well next year I will run the rest of Panama Blacks to try to find better phenos and start the process of large scale Panama Black making.

The idea is now that I have the starting point for genetics I can both start using and testing them to understand their breeding behavior while searching if there's anything better. I'm looking for a haze like in 10-12 weeks, I feel like this is already pretty close, I just need a good outcrossing and a couple rounds of focused inbreeding.