What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express x CBD#1 - Test Grow

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subbed, I've got a bunch of these going into the testing room for fall so I'm excited to see what they do! Should be a some really unique genetics expressions in there.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Kal, beautiful plant...im digging those lances! I remember the OE's I ran were supper hungry plants and feed even late in flower. They got pretty big though so I'm looking at those branches and just know they are going to get massive. Good luck!

Hey Jah :)
That’s some good advice! I’m wondering how to go forward with her presently. The last feeding I made two different mixes; one specifically for the two plants I’m running. She’s still getting grow feed to see if I can keep her green long enough. She’s trying to yellow out on me already. I’m supplementing the grow feed with PK so there’s something for the flowers as well. I may up the amounts next feeding.

Subbed, I've got a bunch of these going into the testing room for fall so I'm excited to see what they do! Should be a some really unique genetics expressions in there.

I had two OExCBD1 originally. They were very different plants. This one is most definitely is heavily leaning toward the Orient Express mother. The other plant that is no longer alive was more straight and a lot less branchy. Looks as if there’s variation to play with :)

Hope you get some nice specimens

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful farmerlion :) The greenhouse looks at its maximum capacity and plants look as healthy and green as ever!

What a beast the OE x CBD#1 you are running, looks like the indica OE pheno but on steroids! :D
Curious to see pics of your CBD#1 x PCK 2002 as well if you have the chance.

Did you create a thread in other room where i can follow your efforts this season in the greenhouse ?
Be careful with the fungus in the greenhouse for upcoming weeks of flowering, greenhouses in humid climates usually have to deal with this kind of problems at this point.

Hope the family is doing great :wave:

Here is a picture of my OE x CBD#1 . My guess this is a slightly Cannatonic dominant plant. There's a Purple PCK x CBD#1 on the left and a Romulan plant snuggling in close on the right.

What I absolutely love about the Ace genetics is I don't have to worry about them. You know they're going to do their thing. I have found myself taking them for granted with my very high expectations.

Many genetics you go into the season with hope. With these it's just an unspoken confidence. Oh yah here's the whatever strain from Ace. They give me the freedom to develop my fungal repositories and push the cutting edge concept of organic soils to new levels.

Have a great weekend holiday!
Peace farmerlion

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav,

Sorry to hear one of your OE x CBD #1 went hermie with the erratic change of photoperiod. CBD #1 clone and seedline is very sexually firm, but since Orient Express is closer to the landrace genetics sometimes some hermies can be found, also in hybrids, it's rare it happens when growing OE and hybrids outdoors, but certainly indoors is more frequent.

The one you are flowering looks wonderful and based on her look and your description of her organic terpenes seem to lean towards the Vietnam Black side of Orient Express rather than towards CBD #1. As Jahaze correctly recommended, keep strong the NPK feeding until the big colas finish to form, then only PK until the end, looks like she is going to be a great producer! :yes:
Very excited to follow your progress ... trying some too as we speak ;)

G

Beautiful stuff Kal! Man that pic with the cat is awesome!Love the plant expression as well :)

Farmerlion's beast is breathtaking too!

Mi pequena

VhT2nPD.jpg

Gracias Dubi :wave: What's the effect like mon?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello

Hello

Hey all it's been a while since I have done any updates here.
The first picture is the ORIENT EXPRESS x CBD#1. These are a beautiful strong plant. The OE has something for everybody. They have been one of my favorite genetics for over a decade now. The weather is staying a little warmer without freezing nights and snow. I still have new Pistils and bud growth taking place. I will let these go longer as long as I can keep the environment controllable.

This second picture is of the CBD#1 x PURPLE PCK. The base of the pistils has a deep vibrant purple color. With a strong fruity, earthy forest aroma. It's a very pleasing cannabis aroma. It's the type of aroma other plants are jealous of.

I did find a picture of a bud top from a week or so ago. These CBD#1 offerings from Ace are certainly well selected plants. I tend to take this kind of quality for granted. My expectations of Ace genetics is set unfairly high. Go to most any other breeder and try to by strains offered 15 years ago. ? lol

One off offerings are being hyped as special! Nothing is stabilized or even tested. Wild claims are made and nothing is backed up with documentation. Enjoy the hard work Ace has done for you. So when you have an all organic greenhouse. You can expect and receive the same quality plants I get year after year.
Peace farmerlion

Attachments

• 20200927_140636.jpg
    20200927_140636.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200927_140651.jpg
    20200927_140651.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200920_095405.jpg
    20200920_095405.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 38

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice to see you are also giving a try to this new cross Syd ;)

Cannot comment about its effects yet .... we are just a few weeks behind Kal and ahead of you, hopefully i will be able to experience it before end of the year.

Gracias Dubi :wave: What's the effect like mon?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your kind words farmerlion, it always make my days brighter to read your posts, you are a great soul :huggy:

Love the way the new CBD hybrids are fattening up since your last update :dance013: Super excited with your pics and updates, hope the weather remains as good as possible til the end of flowering.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey all :)

Great to see you’re growing on of these Syd, I’m sure you’ll Ace it..

Farmerlion for the win with the super trees!

Ok, here’s my little plant.
She’s started to get sweeter and more complex in terp aroma. A little more bulk than before but not major. A few pistils have started to brown. I’m wishing I’d used a larger pot now but that’s only with the gift of hindsight.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Getting more excited as the days go by hehe

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm also very excited following the progress of your gal, Kalbhairav :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey dubi,

Things are coming along.
The plant has become quite floppy with the weight of the tops and I’ve done my best to keep them upright. It looks as if I still have some way to go.. smells have turned to a tropical hash. This plant is very sativa leaning in every respect.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I wasn’t prepared at all all this sativa pheno :D The other plant was structured very differently and would of probably been a lot more sturdy. Unfortunately I don’t have any stakes so I’m just corralling the branches. Doesn’t look pretty.

Flowers at the moment are quite loose but I suspect she’s still got about 2-3 weeks left unless she finishes quickly.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Kalbhairav! Looks very pretty to me from here :) Are you around 7 weeks of flowering right ?

I can detect more CBD #1 influence in the flowers now with these type of resins, but still with OE sativa influence, really nice blends of traits from both strains.
Tropical hash sounds lovely :yummy:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Thanks for the update Kalbhairav! Looks very pretty to me from here :) Are you around 7 weeks of flowering right ?

I can detect more CBD #1 influence in the flowers now with these type of resins, but still with OE sativa influence, really nice blends of traits from both strains.
Tropical hash sounds lovely :yummy:

Yes, around 6-7 weeks.
She looks great considering the stress I put her through early on. I think the overall result would of been better in a larger pot and without the stress, of course.

It’s going to be interesting to see whether the chemical composition has a large amount of CBD :) If it does then this girl looks as if she’ll be lightly uplifting with good easy feeling.

How are your OE x CBD coming along? :)

G

Wow Kal,I think you're being pretty hard on yourself,that's a beuaty right there!Should be close/done by now ,right?

Mine is grown 12/12 from seed(now in 11/13) in small pot just to get a glimpse.Liking what I'm seeing so far.Stem rub smell is peachy mango,not getting the classic orient express smells I'm used to,at least yet.She's just kicked into flowering.

rlvSNEb.jpg
K1SMEK0.jpg
CjzBxno.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks lovely Syd! She is totally OE sativa pheno structure wise.

Sure Kalbhairav, a grower just reported to us about the high CBD content in one of his Orient Express plants after analyze a sample at the lab, this is something i suspected from some China Yunnan females i tried 15 years ago that weren't very psychoactive and had great anxyolitic qualities, but lab tests were not accessible here at that time and i always selected with my Chinese selections towards more psychoactive effects, so this new OE x CBD #1 hybrid is getting even more interesting, hopefully it can produce balanced THC:CBD ratios in a consistent way.

It’s going to be interesting to see whether the chemical composition has a large amount of CBD :) If it does then this girl looks as if she’ll be lightly uplifting with good easy feeling.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello all :)

My OE x CBD1 was harvested yesterday. I think it could of gone longer but it’s been quite a long time overall. I didn’t keep track but I think it’s probably around 70 days.

The smell is hard to place. Woody hash, sweet musk with just a very small touch of citrus right in the background. I was going to say incense but it’s probably not floral enough for that. Very nice subtle aromas throughout.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, resin coverage is quite impressive. A lovely amount of heads that are quite small.

I’m really looking forward to this being a day brightening smoke. Nothing racy but just lifting the body and mind to sail through a dull winters day.

We’ll see...

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Oh and as if you can’t see from the pictures, this plant had flowers EVERYWHERE !! :D

There was seriously more flower than pretty much anything else ! Beautiful to grow and not too difficult to take care of.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Kalbhairav :dance013: excellent results!

The vigor and yield of Orient Express sativa pheno, with CBD #1 adding more resins and contributing with sweeter and fruity terpenes.
Eager to read your smoke report when the right moment comes.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! :yes: Enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest posts