What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exodus/Uk Cheese which has most flavor?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
All I know is I have a cut that came to me as cheese. Fits some of the wilder descriptions earlier in this thread re taste and smell.

But I never was able to pollinate it, other clones were successfully pollinated by the same male, but the cheese just never produced seeds. I have given up now, concluding it must be sterile.

redlaser

Veteran
All I know is I have a cut that came to me as cheese. Fits some of the wilder descriptions earlier in this thread re taste and smell.

But I never was able to pollinate it, other clones were successfully pollinated by the same male, but the cheese just never produced seeds. I have given up now, concluding it must be sterile.

Haven’t heard of a cheese being hard to pollinate, have heard a lot of people say it’s hard to reverse and get viable pollen from it. The one I have will produce pollen about half the time, and so far only 3-4 viable seeds have resulted, out of five attempts at reversal, using either sts or c silver. Mostly produces the empty white hull type seeds or green ones that don’t mature.
I’d say don’t give up, the hybrids from it seem more than worthwhile.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Haven’t heard of a cheese being hard to pollinate, have heard a lot of people say it’s hard to reverse and get viable pollen from it. The one I have will produce pollen about half the time, and so far only 3-4 viable seeds have resulted, out of five attempts at reversal, using either sts or c silver. Mostly produces the empty white hull type seeds or green ones that don’t mature.

I have never reversed a plant before. I was trying to out cross to other lines, the last male I tried was Karma genetics something or other. I will keep trying but I'm not hopeful.

Blazeee

Veteran

Ive mentioned this a few times before, but I used to grow / mono crop cheese for years. Ive also bought and ran through so much cheese and blues over the years ive lost track. But i have never seen the cheese throw a bag seed or hermie.

I have successfully pollinated my old cheese cut with male pollen. But ive never seen the cheese go hermie and produce seeds. Ive even seen the shitest growers run her, and had my own runs that have gone bad and shes never produced a viable bean or even immature seed, at least from herming.

Ive watched the worse growers you could imagine stress her out. She don't herm or produce seeds, but if stressed, once the bud is dried and ground up, you will (or used to) find lots of little brown bits looking like tiny immature seeds, but they are tin brown specks once ground up.

From my experience this makes me believe the cheese is sterile and wont reverse. Granted, ive never tried to reverse her myself with CS or STS, but as i say, ive never seen her go hermie and throw a seed or pollen sacks, and ive seen alot of people grow and stress her out.

@redlaser are you in the US and do you have that birdman / SOT cut? I always did suspect she was a cross, may explain why your able to get beans from her.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ive mentioned this a few times before, but I used to grow / mono crop cheese for years. Ive also bought and ran through so much cheese and blues over the years ive lost track. But i have never seen the cheese throw a bag seed or hermie.

I have successfully pollinated my old cheese cut with male pollen. But ive never seen the cheese go hermie and produce seeds. Ive even seen the shitest growers run her, and had my own runs that have gone bad and shes never produced a viable bean or even immature seed, at least from herming.

Ive watched the worse growers you could imagine stress her out. She don't herm or produce seeds, but if stressed, once the bud is dried and ground up, you will (or used to) find lots of little brown bits looking like tiny immature seeds, but they are tin brown specks once ground up.

From my experience this makes me believe the cheese is sterile and wont reverse. Granted, ive never tried to reverse her myself with CS or STS, but as i say, ive never seen her go hermie and throw a seed or pollen sacks, and ive seen alot of people grow and stress her out.

@redlaser are you in the US and do you have that birdman / SOT cut? I always did suspect she was a cross, may explain why your able to get beans from her.

Blazee could this be the same plant, I also ran it many times when it didn't foxtail at all?

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Blazeee

Veteran
Blazee could this be the same plant, I also run it many times when it didn't foxtail at all?

View Image

Check my albums for pics of different cuts across the UK.

Ive had my cut foxtail and not foxtail, when she dont foxtail the buds come out more rounded.

Correct me if im mistaken but i think we messaged previously and you told me where your cut was from, if m not mistaken it was seed release? Apologies if im wrong and confusing you with someone else.

The pics you posted look similar in structure. Heres my cut sourced offline in the UK from Birmingham. Heres my last run where she fox tailed, but buds came out airier due to a shit environment, too hot, was a summer time run. Winter runs always come out better, due to lower temps over here.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Jimmy Nitz did reverse the Cheese back in '11/12
If I remember correctly.
Took him many attempts and he only did one small release as was so hard to reverse,
I had 3 seeds left from what he sent me.
From '11/12. 2 popped and are in early veg now.
One is looking very like the mom already.

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I think we have spoken before. This came to me as a clone I was told it came from big buddha cheese but I now know that this cut was around long before I originally thought!

It could be the same as yours by looking at it.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Are homegrown fantaseeds still going?
They had an excellent representation, multiple bx’ed ... grew them around 2005 ish.
Buds looked gorgeous, almost fake if you know what I mean, and the smell was a fuckin liability even as a vegging clone.

I grew those too hoping for a cheesy plant, they were nice plants, great if I never knew the real thing..but pale in comparison..Regarding the GH seeds, I think 1/30 had the cheese terps and it was of a volume 1/4 of the cut and in a wierd viney stringy foxtaily thai type plant, wierd though maybe half of plants look identical to cheese, whereas the HFS version had a different look from the outcross line, the big buddha were chunkier and some nice plants found there, heavier yielding, but nothing comes close to the stink of the proper cut..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran

Yup thats her..also monocropped her for years..its a love affair..I've sts'd her with multiple applications had full on male colas on the girl/boy I know and love, loads of pollen...result: in all the attempts maybe like 5 or 6 seeds and never fertile..

The micro seed we always saw as a sign of the proper cut round our parts, if you run her 10 weeks you can dig for them, not one smoker ever complained about the micro seed, never saw it, never cared, the just smell that bag and say gimme! These days in our coast there are hundreds of "cheese" cuts by now, most are imposters, most good BBCH cuts from mid 2000's releases some GH release kept as moms but when people smell mine, lets just say you don't sit on stock in a crowded market even with a hundred other growers giving the cut a bad name with their crops from imposter moms, it always moved the moment the bag containing the bag was opened...

I've crossed with her many times, she is fertile with a fresh vigourous boy, but that cheese stank is so rare to come out in the progeny and the volume is way toned down..the creamyness comes through, fruityness, but not the stank..white widow, old school sensi widow crossed with hermie buddha cheese was one of the best smokes ever, aside from cheese and one or two others for me..LOL..The strongest plant I ever smoked beyond par, even the hash was uber potent, almost half a normal amount of bubble (150mg as opposed to 250mg) in a chillum would have a narcotic effect that people after passing out would accuse me of spiking the chillum with methaqualone or something..that we called the champster which was (cheese x chocolope) x hamster (top44 x cherry ak47)..damn miss that plant..some seeds of her sisters and bros got sent to the bay for server/lawyer funds, some magic beans got sent in from the crosses I was making at that time..what I'd do to get some back hahaha

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
I have never reversed a plant before. I was trying to out cross to other lines, the last male I tried was Karma genetics something or other. I will keep trying but I'm not hopeful.

Bet it will happen, it’s worth getting that cheese smell and taste combined with other things. Altering the high of cheese is a worthy goal as well.

Used a regular Karma biker kush and a reversed sour banana og this year on the cheese, ran the seed but haven’t smoked it yet.

redlaser

Veteran

I can believe you’ve never seen a cheese herm, seems to be a very stable plant. I would call it less prone to insects and disease generally compared to others as well.

With STS or the c silver, it’s about a 70% chance of reversing with the cheese, about 40% of the time it will look like a fully male plant.
Flowers will open but no pollen, or at least visible pollen. The only way to get anything at all is to collect the stamens as they look mature, let them fully dry and put them on a silkscreen over glass to collect.

Usually when pollinating the cheese it will make the misshapen/flattened brown bits, but with a lighter pollination, like a single q tip e touch on a bud versus trying to more thoroughly do it, is when I’ve had the white, green and mostly white with some gray ones. Most are still not shaped like normal seeds, very few of them total, kind of elongated and flat towards one end, but a few normal shaped tiny seeds.

The cheese I have is the SOT cheese, and is a hybrid, but as I understand it is a hybrid of the Brightside and possibly the psycosis reversed, not a 100% sure.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

If you had the real thing you'd throw those GH mothers in the trash.. Cannot compare what comes out those seeds with the real cut. Seen about 5 packs grown out, 2 myself.. The site I am running now had some "killer" moms kept from them trying to get their hands on the cheese and buying GH version...they thought they the were ok, I gave them some real cheese to smoke..LOL they promptly culled those moms..They have legal export market, minimum COA on strains is 25% THC, we sent them samples of the real cheese, only testing at 18-20%, they came back to us saying they will make exception for the 18%'er, and will pay us double compared to others so they can get more...LOL yup thats the real cheese for you.
Could you point me in the right direction for a good cheese cut? I have elites to trade