What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giveaway Mars Hydro 420 giveaway

brickweeder

Here's my entry...

In the late 70's as a teenager, I started to pilfer my dads stash. Took some of his seeds and sprouted them in garden soil in the window sill, but had to kill them off when I didn't have anywhere safe to grow them outside. Found a 4x1 double bulb florescent fixture in the garage, and stared growing in the corner of my room, and supplemented with sunlight when I could, and used a closet for the dark. Got a 3/4 z harvest of mex sativa, and I was happy as a fuck (not quite, but what did I know?). Started another grow in the basement and upgraded to an econo 400W MH and got a little over 3 Zs...didn't really know what I was doing. That was the 11th grade. Started to research hydro at the library, but could only do fantasy grows at that point. Fast forward to the early 80s, graduated college, and started to get interested in it again. Ordered a Seed Bank catalog from an ad in high times, then sent some cash to Neville, but stupid me ordered his big bud instead of NL or SK and prayed the seeds came...Was worried every time I went to check the PO box. But came they did. Planted a mix of seeds in the basement, Big Bud, mex brick seeds, and a reveg of a plant my bro brought back (turned out to be super killer). Upgraded to a 1k MH. At about 6 weeks into flowering, was coming back from a part time job, and two neighbors are walking up and down the street. I asked What's up? One guy said..."someones breaking up brick and we're trying to figure out where that smell is coming"...I told them to let me know when they find out. Then I chopped the crop early at about 6 weeks (the big bid was more like limp bud at that point). Got 1 1/4 lbs using the MH for the run. This is where I had a true cat piss strain I never kept. Didn't want to put the parent's house in jeopardy with asset forfeiture, so didn't grow again...for 30 years (life, work, kids etc.).

Where as my early growing was to get more smoke and to make some chump change, I don't care about making change with weed anymore. Now, I am happy with growing and sampling different strains and appreciating how the plants develops, DIYing my own lighting, etc. but mostly, finding strains I really like, and making seeds to pass out when I get something I think is good. And gifting bags of dried goodness to folks along the way is very satisfying.

At some point in the not too distant future, I'd like to set up another grow tent system to compliment the one I have. The additional system would be used for the pollen side the equation; to grow males and reversed females, assess them, and harvest selected pollen for mixed seed and bud runs in the main tent. I'd like this system to be the marshydro grow kit.

welldone

My story to come but for now I've grown for a few years because I had to before I got a job to take care of my family
I was so happy to grow as it got me closer to my family as my sister needs medicines
I wanna try MarsHydro grow kit because I have never had a tent or even tried anything from mars so if I win I will give you a honest opinion on the items and also maybes a growshow glad i came across your forum :)

FoxFace

my entry I started to grow in my greenhouse last year and found out to my amazement it was a lot easier than I expected iam still happy to grow in the greenhouse but it will be a lot easier if I can grow indoors with your gear and that is why I want to win and try MarsHydro grow kit and share with the community :thank you:

iwantmorebuds

Thank You very much for the opportunity Mars Hydro, You are great. As I have an sp250 with MarsHydro box and a TS1000. I feel fair If I give this opportunity to someone else to reach more people with the news of this great company.

Someone from this icmag fellowship will be very happy soon!

Good luck everyone!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah it's really nice to actually be busy with cannabis all the times. Also learned a lot of new things at my job that are related to big scale industrial production.

But these are all about standardizing quality, basically to make something like coca cola. Mass production, always the same. I have learned that in such setups (with all the costs involved and the revenue that has to keep flowing) it is close to impossible to attain the best possible quality. The best quality is still produced by the passionate home grower. Many things needed to get the best possible result are not cost effective. I think this is a bit sad and in the beginning I had to get used to the idea of not going for the best possible quality (only yield and standardization)

I hope later on in life, when it becomes legal in more places (where I live it is still illegal for recreational) I can start up a small crafts business to offer good quality that is different from the mass produced hydro buds.

I started growing outdoors and greenhouses, but back in the day, we only had HPS.

HPS lamps are horrible for grow tents due to the radiant IR heat(loss of terps). That is why I grow indoor with LED now. Quality is much better this way.

Only downside with LED's is in winter they run too cool so I have to pay extra heating.

ANd then the light bleaching issue.(that I am currently having with my fluence) It would be cool if this problem could ever be solved with LED's in the newer generations. I mean I know the sun is not comparable to a lamp, but in the sun they can easily handle 2000+ micromoles without CO2 supplementation without any bleaching.

To be honest, my favorite lamp comes from the competition. And I don't think any brand will ever have a lamp as good as this. The lamps model name is: the Sun.

But when you can't grow outdoors anymore, these quantum boards are the next best thing.

3 X SP250 you say? Okay thanks 4 the tips will look details up later in the evening.

Yes, for indoor grow, the QB design light is more close to sunlight for now. But we believe there will be newer design coming out soon to step up the LED tech. :thank you:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi,
My name is GMT, and this is my confession. I offer my humble apologies for my crime of enjoying cannabis. (This is a request for a full confession on our profile isn't it)? I know from tales of Wuhan that that sort of thing is popular in some parts, but its a bit close to the bone here.
Mars hydro, you guys are great, I rate you, I'll champion you, but I can't in good conscience, offer up a full confession like that and tie it to a delivery address. Sorry,
I'll catch the next comp.

Hi GMT, there is no any bad ideas from us. What we want firstly is to share more grow stories here to be more interesting. Peace and love:smoke out:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I started my first grow around 2014 (started with an autoflower) , and it was a really low budget grow because i have no money but still i managed to learn a lot about these awsome plants and even with all the beginner's mistakes i did i managed to harvest about 30 g for plant
For circunstances of work i had to stop my grow experiencie around 2016, but now i finally got back the opurtinity to do it again and it would be a dream come true if i could get one of your grow kits.
Mars hydro is definetely a top of mind brand when i think about led grow lights keep the good work guys! :)

welcome, buddy. seems you are totally new here.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I believe you will be happy to be active in this forum. :biggrin:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I have grown since my late teens so I guess since 2005. Mostly I have grown outdoor. I would suppose I have down as many as 1000 seedlings into the earth. I garden quite frequently and consider caretaking of plants to be one of the best things one can do as a hobby.
I would love to try the marshyro kit because I have recently made the jump to indoor cultivation and marshydro is a brand that comes up often when looking into it. The products look quality built and I would love to give them a try personally

welcome. :huggg:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I already have a SP250 and a Mars tent, but for some reason I thought of my "first grow" the other day and had a good laugh, so I thought I'd share... totally embarrassing, but that makes it all that much better, right?

~1994 I put a bagseed in some potting soil, and put that inside a white plastic trashcan (the short office kind) with an incandescent bulb... and put it all inside a closet. Grew myself a super stretchy plant there for a bit. Turned out to be male I think?

I would say "who knew that wouldn't work?" but one of my roommates at the time eventually pointed out that an incandescent bulb wasn't going to cut it. I kinda presume he was silently laughing to himself. Haven't seen in him in a year or two but if I think of it I'll be sure to ask him of his memory of all that.

Don't think I really tried again for another 10 years, though I know I thought about it from time to time and probably tried planting seeds here and there. Didn't know a thing about best methods of germination back then, and was likely using some old hippie guide. Not sure how I stumbled across Overgrow but that was my first introduction to halfway decent advice (if you read carefully and separated the good advice from the bad).

I really wish I had the foresight to save seeds from back then, tho' given my hamhanded first attempt and the instability of my housing situation at the time... odds are I wouldn't have kept 'em refrigerated and they'd be birdseed at best. Definitely had some really nice KB at the time.

Welcome. :thank you: That is not embarrassing at all. we learnt and grow through it.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I've been growing for about 20 years. Started when I bought a house with an extra bathroom. The first few grows were with florescent shop lights and bag seed. no ventilation. I averaged about an ounce each grow. After each grow I would add a little to my grow room, now I'm harvesting about a pound every 6 weeks.
I ended up teamed with grow partner. He bought most of the supplies, I now have 2 600 watts HPS good ventilation, light movers2 2x4 ebb flo tables. He started his own grow after I lost my job. Were still friends.:huggg: I'm working on cooling the room for summer. Thinking leds might be good for that.

:thank you: That is a big progress for the yield!!:tiphat:
Our TS3000 can replace the 600W HPS light perfectly. :biggrin:

Bobby Boucher

Some of your stories are just heartwarming..

I started growing because my best friend and weed supplier was kidnapped and murdered. Dude only ever picked up a quarter lb at a time, and half of that was always for me and his other neighbor. 19 year old Vietnam war baby..

His sister postponed his funeral a couple days so he could be buried on 4/20. Decided to sell everything I had of value to start my first little op after that.

So yeah.. happy April 20th.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Here's my entry...

In the late 70's as a teenager, I started to pilfer my dads stash. Took some of his seeds and sprouted them in garden soil in the window sill, but had to kill them off when I didn't have anywhere safe to grow them outside. Found a 4x1 double bulb florescent fixture in the garage, and stared growing in the corner of my room, and supplemented with sunlight when I could, and used a closet for the dark. Got a 3/4 z harvest of mex sativa, and I was happy as a fuck (not quite, but what did I know?). Started another grow in the basement and upgraded to an econo 400W MH and got a little over 3 Zs...didn't really know what I was doing. That was the 11th grade. Started to research hydro at the library, but could only do fantasy grows at that point. Fast forward to the early 80s, graduated college, and started to get interested in it again. Ordered a Seed Bank catalog from an ad in high times, then sent some cash to Neville, but stupid me ordered his big bud instead of NL or SK and prayed the seeds came...Was worried every time I went to check the PO box. But came they did. Planted a mix of seeds in the basement, Big Bud, mex brick seeds, and a reveg of a plant my bro brought back (turned out to be super killer). Upgraded to a 1k MH. At about 6 weeks into flowering, was coming back from a part time job, and two neighbors are walking up and down the street. I asked What's up? One guy said..."someones breaking up brick and we're trying to figure out where that smell is coming"...I told them to let me know when they find out. Then I chopped the crop early at about 6 weeks (the big bid was more like limp bud at that point). Got 1 1/4 lbs using the MH for the run. This is where I had a true cat piss strain I never kept. Didn't want to put the parent's house in jeopardy with asset forfeiture, so didn't grow again...for 30 years (life, work, kids etc.).

Where as my early growing was to get more smoke and to make some chump change, I don't care about making change with weed anymore. Now, I am happy with growing and sampling different strains and appreciating how the plants develops, DIYing my own lighting, etc. but mostly, finding strains I really like, and making seeds to pass out when I get something I think is good. And gifting bags of dried goodness to folks along the way is very satisfying.

At some point in the not too distant future, I'd like to set up another grow tent system to compliment the one I have. The additional system would be used for the pollen side the equation; to grow males and reversed females, assess them, and harvest selected pollen for mixed seed and bud runs in the main tent. I'd like this system to be the marshydro grow kit.

You are so brave to grow in a small age!! In our country, if we don't follow partners suggestion, they might kill us. lol.
Thanks for sharing your story. :thank you:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
My story to come but for now I've grown for a few years because I had to before I got a job to take care of my family
I was so happy to grow as it got me closer to my family as my sister needs medicines
I wanna try MarsHydro grow kit because I have never had a tent or even tried anything from mars so if I win I will give you a honest opinion on the items and also maybes a growshow glad i came across your forum :)

welcome and thanks for the share. :huggg:

brickweeder

You are so brave to grow in a small age!! In our country, if we don't follow partners suggestion, they might kill us. lol.
Thanks for sharing your story. :thank you:
Just to clarify, it wasn't bravery, it was more selfishness+stupidity...put a home I didn't own (but that many depended on) at risk by growing in a half-ass manner with no odor control at a time where it could have all gone poof if a meter maid caught that smell instead of a couple of cool neighbors.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Welcome!! The cannabis industry was promoted a lot by the legalization in last few years in some countries.
Now, almost all states in USA are legal. There will be more and more people grow indoor.
Very sorry about your wife's case. May i ask if cannabis played an important role to cure your wife?

Thank you for responfing to every post in this forun...

My wifes appetite improved much better and i believe as she used cannabis she was granted months of extra life as the chemo was being prescribed...

As this hrrb is studied and legalized we eill know this herb benifits mankind...:comfort:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi GMT, there is no any bad ideas from us. What we want firstly is to share more grow stories here to be more interesting. Peace and love:smoke out:

I know that Mars, you've had my address nearly a year now and there's been no comebacks. As I've said before, I don't even care if the Chinese govt has my Addy, so long as mine doesn't .
The USA is able to do things like that now they are legal. Sadly some of us still live in places where we have to be careful with what we put out into the world, for fear of come backs (consequences).
I'm fairly confident that I could enter safely, however I cannot create a situation that may cause risk to my family. I simply assessed the situation, and felt it was time to be responsible. No hard feelings Mars, just a personal situation thing. Good luck with the comp, and like I said, catch you on the next one, I still need a tent lol.

Fixer

The Mars II lights served me well. I'm looking into strip lights now. Do you have any 1000W DE HPS replacement lights coming out? Those Samsung Photo-Boost strips are all the rage.

welcome. buddy. Are you happy with the Mars II 400?
We really got some issues about these purple LED lights. That's why we go with the latest quantum board design. It helped us promote our business a lot. :biggrin: