What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CryptoCurrency

gladysvjubb

Veteran
If you have not been involved, I would highly suggest you pick up a little for your future wealth. I was at a meeting on the 18th with some very high placed folks. By the end of May the crypto market will be going insane!!!
I would definitely BUY Bitcoin, Ethereum, Chainlink, Basic Attention Token. You do not have to put a fortune in to it. I started out in 2010 with $57. It turned in to $35,000.
Now is the time.
Tell me how you are doing at the end of May.

Remember: Knowledge is Power.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Got $20? Open an account with www.coinbase.com and BUY $20 worth of this crypto-currency. BAT (Basic Attention Token).
My contact says this is going to go in to the thousands of dollars.

clearheaded

lol everyone has the inside scoop, truth is, GOLD is the key and other precious metals as they also have practical uses. And why everyone dumps oil and picks up gold in these times. wanna make a quick 15% thats what u should do.

Crypto is "printed" everday and everday its done cheaper and faster and everday its harder not to be taxed (why it was so great for awhile). it may see some upswings here and there when folks get more comfy with them however it already has had its limelight.

Anything LARGE like huge national store accept coins will show a brief upswing however the gov will impose laws to stop it. remember the gov DOES NOT WANT crypto and because of that until they use it themselves it wont see gains like it has in the past.

lol guys higher on the totem pole have always hyped things to the little guy and given secret info, wonder if they ever had any motivation to do that other then help themselves lol. hopes and fears control markets remember...

I am sure you will make some money, and hope you make millions but remember there isnt going to be giant new market exposure like there previously was.

Also is there anyway to know how much bitcoins are out there? is it possible for a company to internally make and "buy" coins protecting from the whole of the market? and when price goes up could they drop millions into a bitcoin buying service?

There is little barrier to entry and infinite amounts that can be mined, do u think china would pump out a bazzillion using cheap computers and CHEAP CHEAP power which would lower price? lol funnel more USD out of americans and finally take over the world. but somehow i think the gov wouldnt want to bsically give money to countries who have cheap energy to run computers. actually likely russia would be a good place to mine, lots of natural gas energy and cooler climate.

anyway, there is more going on then ur buddy saying a new app is coming out to make it easy to use crypto or a company setting up a larger mining facility.

remember supply and demand, 5G makes computers faster and cheaper. so if it becomes SOO lucrative to mine everyone will do it and supply goes up ;) its too slow too volitile and currently too expensive to use for day to day transactions.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well, they aren't infinite or they'd be worthless. Although quantum computing threatens that anyway. I think, off the top of my head, there are 24 million full bitcoins. Mining doesn't make more, it unlocks the next one in the chain. That is then allocated to the miner, who stores and sells it. I think the natural level for btc until the end of corona is in sight, is 5k. But then India recently got the go ahead again to trade cryto. So 5k plus India. I see the current 6.6k level as still being too high.

Disclaimer:
I'm wrong more than I'm right.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have been buying BAT (Basic Attention Token) everyday.
Reminds me of Bitcoin back in 2010 when I bought it for $17.

clearheaded

Well, they aren't infinite or they'd be worthless. Although quantum computing threatens that anyway. I think, off the top of my head, there are 24 million full bitcoins. Mining doesn't make more, it unlocks the next one in the chain. That is then allocated to the miner, who stores and sells it. I think the natural level for btc until the end of corona is in sight, is 5k. But then India recently got the go ahead again to trade cryto. So 5k plus India. I see the current 6.6k level as still being too high.

Disclaimer:
I'm wrong more than I'm right.

This is my point, what gives value is need for proccessing which takes energy and time. if have fast computers with very low energy costs you produde NEW bitcoins cheaper.

https://www.bitcoinmining.com/how-are-new-bitcoins-created/

so in theory they are halved and eventually wont be able to create new coins HOWEVER at that point they actually become worthless as mining does not yeild new coins ie dont get payed. so the whole system doest work. I dont know the numbers but its near infinite.

The halving of bicoins perhaps is a change in the algorithim to lower the ability to creat new coins not actually halfing whats already available. https://bitcoinblockhalf.com/ . explains not special insider info lol.

in 2140 i assume they become worthless.

also there is an equilibrium so this halfing thing to generate scarcity may backfire as processing power gets better energy prices have gone up and will it take too much power to run and people just move on to a different crypto with a better algorithm? ie in 12 years when few more halfing events happen will teh price just reach insane prices? or will people hord and just unload to the market lowering prices after a brief rise?

I am not an expert, very interesting tho!

Last edited:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Buy grams of gold from the banks $99 per. It replaces the $100 bill. Easy to carry and pretty much a good denomination.

clearheaded

Buy grams of gold from the banks $99 per. It replaces the $100 bill. Easy to carry and pretty much a good denomination.

yup! think its closer to a 50dollar bill tho ;) for it to be 100 it has to be ~3 grand an oz.

100gram is a rip as there making 50% off you!

EDIT:

guess your in canada so not as bad as 73ish a gram. still hard to use if loose ~25% purchasing.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
One of the more interesting cryptocurrencies to watch in 2020 — and which could explode higher — is Basic Attention Token.

The core idea behind BAT is pretty simple. The digital advertising model is broken, in that user and advertiser incentives are not aligned. Instead, they run opposite one another. That is, advertisers want users to watch their ads, while consumers want to skip the ads.

The idea of BAT is to realign the incentive structure in the digital ad network so that user and advertiser incentives match one another.

To do this, users get paid Basic Attention Tokens to watch ads in the Brave browser, so that they are now financially incentivized to watch the ad. The end goal, of course, is that more consumers watch ads, and advertisers sell more product/generate more brand awareness.

It’s a pretty smart business model.

And, as cryptocurrencies gain more mainstream consumer traction in 2020, this smart model for compensating users to watch ads should similarly gain traction. As it does, the price of BAT should rise.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
yup! think its closer to a 50dollar bill tho ;) for it to be 100 it has to be ~3 grand an oz.

100gram is a rip as there making 50% off you!

EDIT:

guess your in canada so not as bad as 73ish a gram. still hard to use if loose ~25% purchasing.

Answer me this: Why has GOLD been considered so valuable throughout Mankind's recorded history? Why? Do you know why?

C

Capra ibex

lol everyone has the inside scoop, truth is, GOLD is the key and other precious metals as they also have practical uses. And why everyone dumps oil and picks up gold in these times. wanna make a quick 15% thats what u should do.

Crypto is "printed" everday and everday its done cheaper and faster and everday its harder not to be taxed (why it was so great for awhile). it may see some upswings here and there when folks get more comfy with them however it already has had its limelight.

Anything LARGE like huge national store accept coins will show a brief upswing however the gov will impose laws to stop it. remember the gov DOES NOT WANT crypto and because of that until they use it themselves it wont see gains like it has in the past.

lol guys higher on the totem pole have always hyped things to the little guy and given secret info, wonder if they ever had any motivation to do that other then help themselves lol. hopes and fears control markets remember...

I am sure you will make some money, and hope you make millions but remember there isnt going to be giant new market exposure like there previously was.

Also is there anyway to know how much bitcoins are out there? is it possible for a company to internally make and "buy" coins protecting from the whole of the market? and when price goes up could they drop millions into a bitcoin buying service?

There is little barrier to entry and infinite amounts that can be mined, do u think china would pump out a bazzillion using cheap computers and CHEAP CHEAP power which would lower price? lol funnel more USD out of americans and finally take over the world. but somehow i think the gov wouldnt want to bsically give money to countries who have cheap energy to run computers. actually likely russia would be a good place to mine, lots of natural gas energy and cooler climate.

anyway, there is more going on then ur buddy saying a new app is coming out to make it easy to use crypto or a company setting up a larger mining facility.

remember supply and demand, 5G makes computers faster and cheaper. so if it becomes SOO lucrative to mine everyone will do it and supply goes up ;) its too slow too volitile and currently too expensive to use for day to day transactions.

There is 21 million MAXIMUM Bitcoin ever.... never anymore can be made.

Other cryptocurrencies can be made, and there are thousands of them but they are not Bitcoin.... Bitcoin has it's tentacles far and wide.

And there is no way for a government to buy all the coins and then dump them.... it is a distributed ledger that nobody owns or controls other than the users.

You are showing your misunderstanding on how Bitcoin (not all crypto) actually works and why it has intrinsic value.

Here is exactly how it works- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4&t

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
One of the more interesting cryptocurrencies to watch in 2020 — and which could explode higher — is Basic Attention Token.

The core idea behind BAT is pretty simple. The digital advertising model is broken, in that user and advertiser incentives are not aligned. Instead, they run opposite one another. That is, advertisers want users to watch their ads, while consumers want to skip the ads.

The idea of BAT is to realign the incentive structure in the digital ad network so that user and advertiser incentives match one another.

To do this, users get paid Basic Attention Tokens to watch ads in the Brave browser, so that they are now financially incentivized to watch the ad. The end goal, of course, is that more consumers watch ads, and advertisers sell more product/generate more brand awareness.

It’s a pretty smart business model.

And, as cryptocurrencies gain more mainstream consumer traction in 2020, this smart model for compensating users to watch ads should similarly gain traction. As it does, the price of BAT should rise.

So those annoying capcha puzzles going to appear before every ad, to keep people from using code to gather the BATs?

I like to use cash, and these days watch the kids squirm when they have to handle it. Just wash the hands when you get home.