What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 x 315cmh

anon710

Hi Anon are you using the 3100k bulbs sorry for all the questions, but I was trying to decide between the 315 cmh and a 600 watt hps.

yup 3100k. Phillips brand. In my experience the other bulbs that are off brand run alot hotter.

I ran a bunch of 600 hps many years ago. A single 315 is about the same for yields. 2 x 315cmh or a dual bulb 630 cmh would both spank a 600hps by a fair margin.

My advice would be if you have a 600 laying around just use it. If buying new buy 2 315 vertical bulb cmh fixtures that you can daisy chain and enjoy the results. Its really no more money with the increase in yields. I don't worry about power bills, but the cmh conversion for me has saved a few bucks so far for sure monthly.

mack 10

Veteran
I like the CMH for veg.
They put some thick stems out.

Think I need to try X2 CMH per 600.
As I thought the yield was down on my first flowers grown with CMH.

anon710

I like the CMH for veg.
They put some thick stems out.

Think I need to try X2 CMH per 600.
As I thought the yield was down on my first flowers grown with CMH.

i found the key to 315 cmh is the light overlap from having multiple fixtures in the same space.

nickman

Veteran
I really like how that scrog was looking. Don’t you think the extra work pruning and what not will be worth it in the end product...!!!...

I myself STILL haven’t ran a scrog yet but I really want to... it’s just not really feasible in my grow room unless I did scrog’s for each plant ...!!!...

anon710

I really like how that scrog was looking. Don’t you think the extra work pruning and what not will be worth it in the end product...!!!...

I myself STILL haven’t ran a scrog yet but I really want to... it’s just not really feasible in my grow room unless I did scrog’s for each plant ...!!!...

I personally hate scrog. I just grow them tall and snap the stems and do some lst in veg. But the watering and getting under the net to prune sucks. Was not planning on doing a scrog this round, but the plants were tall and smashing them down with a net as soon as they go into the flower room is an easy way to even out the canopy and keep it from being way too tall.

Hard to argue with the yields from scrogs tho, I have ran a bunch, but never a true scrog thats weaved into the net during veg as i have a seperate veg area and a few flower areas. Mainly use it to keep canopy even and avoid stakes.

anon710

Took a few pics to update while getting the water done today. day 24. Looking happy. Added some more light to the room. Thinking of running it staggered for a harvest every 4 weeks type thing.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

rindindoo

cool forest ganja. I was discouraged by the comrade to put 315, he had flowering longer under such a lamp, new fox tails climbed and climbed, while under 600 CPS, flowering ended 2 weeks earlier. didn’t you notice this?

E

ESTERCHASER

yup 3100k. Phillips brand. In my experience the other bulbs that are off brand run alot hotter.

I ran a bunch of 600 hps many years ago. A single 315 is about the same for yields. 2 x 315cmh or a dual bulb 630 cmh would both spank a 600hps by a fair margin.

My advice would be if you have a 600 laying around just use it. If buying new buy 2 315 vertical bulb cmh fixtures that you can daisy chain and enjoy the results. Its really no more money with the increase in yields. I don't worry about power bills, but the cmh conversion for me has saved a few bucks so far for sure monthly.
i live in northern vermont ....i agree with your setiments....trying to explain to folks who think hps is the go to for cannabis....idk man cmh can hold its own, your photos and exp prove that to me!

anon710

i live in northern vermont ....i agree with your setiments....trying to explain to folks who think hps is the go to for cannabis....idk man cmh can hold its own, your photos and exp prove that to me!

Oddly enough, and not exactly by choice, Looks like the next round in my 5x10 tent will be a side by side hps vs cmh. Got a wicked deal I could not pass up on a 630cmh fixture and some new bulbs. I have a feeling the cmh will yield about the same as ac 1000w hps.

I find cmh crops finish about 5 days to a week faster than hps.

E

ESTERCHASER

Oddly enough, and not exactly by choice, Looks like the next round in my 5x10 tent will be a side by side hps vs cmh. Got a wicked deal I could not pass up on a 630cmh fixture and some new bulbs. I have a feeling the cmh will yield about the same as ac 1000w hps.

I find cmh crops finish about 5 days to a week faster than hps.

i wonder how theyd do together? and if i moved my ladies around every ten days?

anon710

i wonder how theyd do together? and if i moved my ladies around every ten days?

I dunno im not sure how it will work. I get fairly good weight out of air cooled hps. Will see I just hung a new 630 cmh next to a air cooled 1k hps. Not into the idea of moving plants around every 10 days but have a feeling the over lap area will get the best of both worlds. Have some pink kush im going to run that need a transplant and a few days veg.

What I do know is that my yields under cmh per watt are much much higher than under hps. Quality is about the same, cant tell the difference between bags of the same strain. The other thing I notice is I after week 6 under cmh i get a ton of spotting and fade at the same feed as under hps, were the plants stay very very green until week 8. Buds look the same trimmed though.