What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah Revis came and grabbed a ring and left for a bigger payday.
As far as the D', Wynn was a huge acquisition to protect Bradys blindside,not to mention Van Noy who doesnt get nearly enough credit,he is a beast at sniffing out dat ball.

Bradys too F'n old !!!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And just like that demaryius Thomas goes to the jets for a 2021 6th round pick.Belichick has now made a trade with every team in the NFL since Heading the Pats,until today the jets were the sole survivor,so to speak.Freed up a few bucks I'm thinking

Americangrower

Veteran
And just like that demaryius Thomas goes to the jets for a 2021 6th round pick.Belichick has now made a trade with every team in the NFL since Heading the Pats,until today the jets were the sole survivor,so to speak.Freed up a few bucks I'm thinking

kinda figured he was going to be the odd man out, I think it was the right call. I mean not only do they need room for AB which they cleared by cutting Obi Melifonwu. They still have 1st round pick N'Keal Harry on IR that will be back in 6 more weeks.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
and watch the pats turn that 6th round pick into gold, NE
they were already heavily favored tomake it to the plaoffs this season, with the addition of brown...
it looks like the saints almost got screwed by the refs again last night

wait, what?
they found out a.brown was searching "how to get cut from my team" on his social media?
/if that isnt a smoking gun i dont know what they want
how did you so in fantasy w1
sucks that you played winston instead of jackson last week but its the first game so we dont really know whos hot and whos not
what im wondering baba is if l.jackson is that good or is miami that bad
for now, im putting the fins at the bottom of the barrel but i think jackson could have a break out season this year
i wasnt thrilled with the rams win over carolina bu i did like seeing lb c.littleton beast up
the rams have been soft in the middle of their defense so its good to see a lb take over like that
fowler also came out to play which is great
donald was kind of quiet week1 but we all know what kind of player he is
k.murrey also played well and i was impressed with his performance in the 4rth quarter
jax lost more than the game and it looks like n.foles is out for who knows how long
his backup played pretty well so if the reat of the team could get on track they still might have a mediocre season
i think it was the defense that really suprised me, but for the worse
i also like the way brisset played for the colts

that was a cheap shot all the way by he o'linman mrbungle and everyone saw it
/serve up some eggs and bacon with that play
im not going to write the browns off just yet but i think it all come down to how mayfield can play out the rest of the season
looks like they might have gotten caught up in their own hype and need to get back to basics
/like not getting pushed around on teh o'line

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Eh, there was an article on espn about how antonio brown talked to 'social media consultants' about how to get out of his contract with the raiders. Posting pics of his fine letter and then posting a demand to be released makes me think there could be something to that, but who knows? Like, is it really hard to get fired from a job? Most people can do it without ‘expert’ help.

Lamar and Dak’s hot starts (perfect passer ratings) came against 2 teams that got rid of a lot of talent during the offseason, so ur right, have to take their week 1’s with a grain of salt. Obviously they’re not going to throw for 60+ td’s, but both seem poised for breakout years (lamar can actually pass now, Dak has a new Off coordinator and is gunning for a big contract).

Foles broke his collarbone and tyreek hill dislocated his collarbone, so both will be out 7 weeks or more. That gardner Minshew guy for Jax seems like a good QB for a 6th rd rookie, if he ends up with better numbers than trubisky this year im going to punch a wall.

Quincy Enunwa injured his neck and is out for the year so that’s why the jets traded for Demaryius. D. Thomas was a stud but has gotten progressively worse the last 2 yrs, he was looking to be the odd man out in NE so good for the patriots to get something of value for him. And pop is right, maybe that 6th rd (in 2021) pick could be the next Brady. That would just kill Jets fans for another 2 decades.

Kyler looked like poop until the 4th qtr and OT, and finished with a decent fantasy day. Hopefully kingsbury has figured out what parts of his offense works going forward cause my only other qb on one team is kirk cousins, who had only 10 pass attempts in the Vikings win. I know the vikes wanted to emphasize the run but that’s worrisome to me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
im not ready to change my take on murrey, but he has looked good so far for a rookie
the nfc west is heating up and is going to be fun to watch this season
i like the new play calling in dallas an they looked great, butyeah we need to see him playa few more games
minshew set some kind of record my friend said for qb stats, he did look pretty good for a 6th rounder
/but like you said t.brady was also a 6th rnd pick
guess we will have to wait and see how he developes but the things that i dident like was fournettes mediocre play and the defense not looking like a top calibre unit
so it looks like the a.brown show just dosent end
now he is being accused of rape by an ex-whatever
some sourcs say she was a girlfriend and tohers just say he was her personal tainer
but it looks like she is reaching for a big payday
league has just about had it wiht his antics and my may be put on the commissioners list or players who cant play
/this might motivivate him to settle the case even if he is innocent
i feel bad for the guy being accused of rape, especially if the girl turns out to be some gold digger, but i also feel like its some kind fo karmic retribution of sorts
this whole thing has just been crazy and i wouldent be surprised if grumpy'chick dosent just says screw him

Americangrower

Veteran
The Patriots already have Tom's replacement in Jarrett Stidham. I think people forget how good this kid was at Auburn in 2017, like beating Bama with a 75% completion rate.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that rape lawsuit against AB sounds like the one that Derrick Rose of the NBA won a year or two ago; the accuser never went to police after the assault, but decided to file a lawsuit a year later. It's embarrassing and doesnt paint him in a good light for sure, but like D Rose or Tyreek, the league isnt going to suspend him with no criminal case pending.

Stidham was a 4th rd pick? Has he played well in the preseason? He wasnt one of the top QBs coming out but with belichick that's never an issue. The only issue is whether like garappolo he gets too expensive to hold onto before he can take over for Brady finally.

Tampa and Carolina played a pretty un-entertaining game last night, filled with almost as much bad QB-ing as bears-packers a week ago. Cam's shoulder still doesn't look right, most of his throws were off target, and Jameis is one of the few QBs in the league that makes me glad we have trubisky.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
looking foreward to this weekends matchups
rams v saints looks like it could be the game of the week
hopefully goff will have shaken off the dust and has a good game this week
i would also like to see a.donald get involved
raiders/ chiefs could be good
mahomes is going to light up that d', but we will see how the raiders offense keeps up
im not expecting them to beat the chiefs, but they might keep it interesting
chargers/lions will be fun
we dont get to see detroit that much on the west coast
bolts are falling apart and we will see if the run game continues
/i hear gordon is coming back for sure sometime this season

sounds like anyone who is anyone in miami wants out and i cant blame them
cant wait for the action to begin and hope everyone has a great sunday!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rams-saints will be a rematch of the NFC championship. Since the saints got the rule changed to where you can review non calls on Pass Interference, i think a few coaches have actually used it, though not been successful.

Goff usually plays much better at home, so he should put up some decent stats.

Raiders looked pretty decent in their win over the broncos, Carr looked good, their rookie RB looked very good, defense played well. Maybe ur friend is right and they'll make the playoffs...

Bolts are starting to accumulate their annual injuries, hunter henry is down, mike williams has a balky knee. At least ekelar looked good, and ur right, melvin gordon will report sometime this year so he can hit free agency sooner.

The Fins' 1st rd pick from last year, minkah fitzpatrick, wants out, partly because he doesnt like the way the new coaching staff is using him. I guess they want him to play different roles this year, even including linebacker in certain packages, when he's most suited to cover the slot. Also, i think a lot of dolphins players were upset that the coaches didnt play 2 deep safeties against the ravens, even after the first couple of long td passes given up. Brian flores seemed like such a good coach with the pats, hopefully he can prove himself to where his players arent openly revolting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i feel bad for the fins current roster
a lot of the players feel the team is intentionally tanking this season in hopes of landing higher draft picks
nfl careers are short and who knows how long it will take to rebuild the team
the injuries are pilling up for the chargers
/have they announced if m.williams will play this weekend?
they still have their core players but the surrounding cast is getting dinged up and its only week 2
the raiders did look good in their first game and we will see how they play against the chiefs
if carr can keep a hot hand they should be able to put up some points, i also like the way their rookie rb looked too
my friend has been out of town for the past week so i havent had a chance to talk to him about our little bet, but i say lets jsut let it roll
i stick with jax turning things around and hes already chosen the raiders as his dark horse
i also tihnk its a prove it game for b.mayfeild and the entire browns team
silly mistakes were a big part of their problem last week and hopefully they will play more heads up this week
your bears play the broncos so they should be able to pull a W out of the hat
they have an ok defense so we will see if trubinski can get settled in and make some plays
hope you are having a great weekend man! what is on the menu for game time?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I had some pretty disappointing pizza from the sams club hot food stand they have in the store. Tasted ok when it was hot, but upon reheating tasted like it was almost spoiled. I know when you order a whole pie they have it premade and pop it in the oven, this one tasted like it was old or not refrigerated. Ah well, next time i wont cheap out and order giordanos or something.

Ive only used the cooker a few times this season so i feel like i should smoke something else. I saw another prime brisket at sams for like 3.50lb but it looked like it was half fat, so i passed.

Fins got steamrolled by the Pats. Pats havent given up a TD in their last 3 games, including the superbowl. AB caught a TD. This is one scary team.

Mike Will did play, think he caught a nice bomb from rivers too. Still, they couldnt muster enough pts to beat the lions.

Carr and the raiders started off hot but mahomes went off in the 2nd qtr and threw for 4 tds. Still, they kept him scoreless the other 3 qtrs, so thats something.

Gardner minshew almost led Jax to a win over the texans, kid's got some moxie, makes me think they can turn it around after going 0-2. Theyll need more from fournette though.

We'll see if baker and OBJ can turn things around tomorrow vs the jets. Darnold has mono and is probably out for the next month or two, so we'll see trevor siemien at qb for the jets. He's not great but he can sling the ball some.

Bears have a kicker now, after all the offseason drama, but theyve only scored 16pts in 2 games. Trubisky looks like the worst qb in the league and nagy's offensive genius seems to have disappeared. Then again, they've played pretty stout defenses the first 2 games, so maybe things will be easier from now on.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
ther broncos might be one of the best 0-2 team out there
the raiders are off to a good start, not the dumpster fire i was expecting
im still on the fence about them but it looks like it might just be their defense that is leading the team
/anyone who can hold the chiefs to less than 30 pts is doing all right
your man lamar jackson looked hot again this week against the cards, the real test comes this week against the chiefs
/this is definitely a game to watch
speaking of the cards, im totally impressed with k.murray
while hes not quite putting up the W's it looks like he is picking up the game very quickly
rams win a big one in nawlins' with drew brees leaving the game early
it looks like he hurt his hand hitting aron donald and will be out for the next few weeks (6w?)
big ben got hurt this past weekend too and the afc south is falling apart like a cheap chineese knock off
im liking pron-stach minshaw in jax! he could still turn the corner this season and take that team up a notch
the chargers shit the bed in classic charger form
i watched a lot of the game and really liked what i saw from the lions rb, young rb, kerryon johnson
he had some nifty runs where he showed good feet and an ability to shed tacklers
staford looked pretty good too
speaking of nice runs cooper kupp had the madden run of the weekend, stumbling and bumbling to an almost td
/they ended up giving it to goff for a qb sneak
sunday night was a real shoot out game was the dirty birds v the eagles
lots of airing it out and from both teams ; even the mrs got into the game at one point
thats so weird that you got a bad pizza at the big box store
they are usually pretty good
let them know about ehat happened and they will take care of you brother
have you tried the pizzas they sell at costco that you make yourself at home?
we once got their deep dish pizza that they make and it was really good
the only thing is, it takes about an hour to cook, but was fat with meat and cheese and totally worth the wait
so do you think the fins' will go 0-16?
a doubt it but its not looking good for them so far

hope you have a great week baba and enjoy tonights game

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im really bad at returning food, im just too lazy to go back and have them remake it. Unless im eating in I never go back unless it’s really putrid, and this pizza didn’t show it’s awfulness until it cooled and I tried reheating it in the toaster oven and it tasted downright skunky afterward.
Is it the Costco takehome pizzas that you bake yourself that you tried? The take homes at sams aren’t that great, very bready, but if you had a good experience with Costco I might have to try it, not sure ive ever had one of their take home pies.

Yeah, kyler looks very accurate. Their offense tends to stall in the red zone more than you’d like, and he hasnt really run the ball yet, but you can tell they can be something special.

Ur right, it’s kind of shocking that Ben and Brees both suffered serious injuries the same day. Brees is having ligament surgery on his thumb and might be back in 2 months, Ben had elbow surgery (tommy john?) and is out for the season. He was having elbow issues earlier, might explain why he was playing so bad.

Lions might have a pretty decent defense now, their HC was DC for the pats so u figure he could shore up that D. All the teams in the NFC north might be above average defensively, which doesn’t bode well for trubs.

I have cooper on one team, was happy to see he could still break a long one, though was disappointed I didn’t get that TD at the end. Rams are rounding into form nicely, although hawks and niners are both 2-0 also and zona looks frisky, should make for some good divisional matchups.

Fins traded minkah to the steelers for a 1st rd pick, they have something like 3 1st rounders next year and 2 the year after that. So theyre all in on the tank. Will they go 0-16? I’d say no, but they need better QB-ing, Fitztragic and Rosen aren’t helping out the offense at all, maybe theyre just not getting any blocking but u have to figure things will eventually get better for them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
will the fins go 0-16?!?
thats the question everyone is asking right baout now and its only two game into the season
im with you and say no, 1-15 is very likely but 0-16 is almost as hard as going 16-0
they have like 3-1st rounders and a bunch of second round picks too, plus more the season after next
i am not too sure i dig the direction they are going and i feel bad for all the players and fans
/imagine being a season ticket holder and watching the team fall apart right before your eyes; at least try to try
im kind of surprised that ptt was so quick to trade away their #1 next season; that could be a juicy pick if they keep losing and they are going to need a new qb here in the next couple years no matter what
rams are winning games but so far i havent been that impressed
this week they face the browns on sunday night so they should be able to move up to 3-0, but i would really like to see them all come together on offense
the costco take and bake deep dish is bomb and i would totally get one
it takes forever to cook but its thick with cheese and sausage
hope you are having a great week baba
has the seasons begun to change in your area?
we are still sweating it out here in so cal, but you can feel the fall in the air every now and then

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
We've definitely had some cooler days lately, low 70s during the day falling to 60s at night, so fall is definitely in the air. But we've also had some days in the 80s with high humidity so not out of the woods yet.

Im going to look for the costco take n bake pizzas next time im there, not sure if they still sell the deep dish (is that like a stuffed pizza or a pan pizza?) anymore but it's worth a shot, i think costco in general has more high quality stuff than sams.

Yeah, people are weirded out by the steeler's win now move, they havent traded a 1st rd pick in like 50 yrs or something, and if that pick turns out to be top 5 they would miss out on a top QB. But im thinking mason rudolph might lead that team to some wins, ben had a bum elbow the first 2 games and wasnt moving the offense, rudolph throws a good deep ball, if they put up pts they could finish .500 or better.

Fins are taking tanking to a whole new level, trading away their best players during the season, but if it ends up with them having a franchise QB and some other good-great players in 2-3 years it'll be worth it. They havent been consistently good since marino retired so instead of struggling for decades to field a contender, just suck it up for a year or two and then become elite is not a bad idea. Although thats what the browns did and results so far are mixed, mayfield didnt look all that accurate against the jets but it's only week 2.

Rams havent been dominant on offense, not like the chiefs at least. Gurley is playing, sharing snaps with his backups, but hasnt really made an impact in the passing game like we're used to seeing. Im thinking he was sort of the engine that made that offense go and if he's only 80-90% of what he was they wont be scoring like the last 2 years?

Giants have decided to start daniel jones over eli now, we'll see if that jumpstarts their offense. Jones looked good in the preseason fwiw...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
its elis time to move on
he was benched last season and the fans had a melt down
maybe if jones can put some spark in the offense the fans will be more willing to accept elis time has come to an end
the fins' just havent been able to put it together and have been getting progressively worse for a few seasons, thats for sure
im a secret dolphins fan but these past few years have been painful so hopefully this season is rock bottom
i guess we will have to wait and see how they use their picks over the next couple season but im sure they will be looking at one of the top qbs in the class plus other young players
/poor j.rosen
i feel like gurley is one of those rythm players who needs a few touches to get into his groove
he is putting up ok numbers but nothing near what people came to expect from him
as long as he is fresh later in the year im not too worried
goff had a better game last week but i would like to see him get a hot hand here sometime soon
the defense is looking pretty good and i think they are only going to get better as the season goes on
we dont really have sams clubs out here but costco does have pretty good quality
kirkland brand is totally decent and i like the stuff they prepare fresh in store
the pizza is a pan pizza more than a stuffed crust; it sits about two inches high and is filled with sausage and cheese
totally grinding!
today was a lot cooler than its been tha past few weeks and im about ready for fall
it was a nice summer but im over the heat
plus im thinking of firing up the lights indoors this year

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, u know eli’s been bad when even giants fans are like, yeah, lets see what this Jones kid can do.

Fins might not go 0-16 but im pretty sure they’ll get the #1 overall pick and draft tua from alabama. He’s got a great arm, could be mahomes-like in a year or two with some speedy receivers around him. Get a good QB and some good and cheap young talent in the draft, they’ll have themselves a team in no time. Only knock on tua is durability, he went through some injuries last year, but when healthy he's elite.

Ur right, I think that’s the plan the rams have for gurley, is keep his touches down during the season, save him for the playoffs. So long as theyre winning games during the season, it’s a good plan. A lot of qb’s haven’t started off as sharp as you’d expect, matt ryan, a-rodge, cam, so Goff has a lot of company as far as slow starts. But I guess without a lot of preseason reps theyre still working the kinks out.

I love Kirkland brand, food, clothes, coffee, liquor. I think Kirkland brand vodka is basically grey goose for 1/3 the price. Im not sure but supposedly they don’t sell the deep dish take n bakes anymore? Ill have to check it out myself, may be a store to store thing.

You ever look into LEDs? Theyre basically no heat lights, I think prices have fallen on them a lot recently, may be able to grow in the summer without overheating ur plants.

We’ve got jags vs titans tonite, get to see porn-stache vs Mariota. Supposedly stache also does stretches in nothing but his jock strap, he got an endorsement offer from some porn company to do a stretching or workout video or something. So yknow, if this nfl QB thing doesn’t work out…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thats the down side to the dolphins plan on tanking the season hoping to rebuild in the draft
they have traded away all their quality players so its going to be near total rebuild
that means even if they land their next #1 qb they still have no line to protect him
we will see how this plays out for them but im thinking the fins become the next cleveland browns, where they loose double digit games for the next few seasons
its beena weird year fro qbs in the nfl
a lot of good qbs went down early and a bunch more are still shaking off the dust
in the end the cream will rise to the top but its made this season kind of hard to predict
prescott is hot right now and i would run with l.jackson until the wheels fall off
so minshaw is stretching in a jock strap?!? i need pics, bruh
im hoping this is the night he puts it all together and take over the offense
i havent tried leds just yet and dont know if i ever will
for now im happy with my old fat bulbs, plus its nice to take the summer off as far as indoor growing goes
i have been lucky enough to have a friend host my outdoor grows these past few years, plus a new friend is interested in helping out and keeps talking about his awesome backyard
/i might even set up a few lights at his pad
the kirkland brand is the shit for sure, you cant go wrong with their quality and price
i think you are right and their vodka is ust a plain label grew goose
/ive heard this from a few people
that would be a drag if they dont stock the deep dish pizza in your area; who knows if they still have it here in so cal?
i ahvent gotten one in a while but i wouldent be suprised if they did change it out
so what games are you looking forward to this weeknd? do you ahve any other plans

Latest posts

Latest posts