Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > recommendation for portable vape...

Thread Title Search
recommendation for portable vape... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2020, 07:56 AM #51
Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexweed View Post
impossible for vaping to be anything like a joint,
I hear ya,not expecting the same effect,just asking which is closest.I really have to look after my lungs after years of abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
I own 40 - 50 vapes. For a portable, I suggest The Edge by Healthy Rips.

The VapCap sucks. I use an induction heater with my VapCap and it's way better than a torch but I never take it outside. Too much like smoking crack in an illegal state. That entire 'torch' thing is a joke.

For a desktop, it's hard to beat a log vape. I use the E-Nano from Epic Vape. Very versatile.

Here's a link to the Edge. Use the discount code PUFFEDUP for 15% off.

https://puffitup.com/collections/fur...ucts/fury-edge

I have 2 or 3 other vapes I rotate through but 90% of them sit on the shelf.

I still smoke about 10 joints a day and I agree that there is something about the high that is more 'intense' than vaping. I can only assume that it's the asphyxiation from the smoke.

As for taste, a joint will never hold a candle to a vape. I used to love the taste of smoking a joint (especially, like you said, the first hit). But the flavor you get from a vape just kicks the shit out of the taste of a joint. Even the first hit.

Here's a tip about vaping. The THC and the CBD are the last things to vape since the vaping temp is generally much higher on those 2 cannabinoids than it is on most of the terps. That's why a vape hit is often "all flavor" and no vapor. I set my vapes at 420F and they work great.

Vaping is not like smoking. There is a learning curve with every vape.
I'm currently leaning towards the Fury 2 after spending some time researching.I haven't sent money yet,so there is till time.It does however tick many of the boxes for me.They even sell a couple of bubblers for the thing.Not suggesting I'm going to haul all that stuff around with me tho.

I see people mentioning that the asphyxiation aspect may be the reason smoking is so different.I considered that as well,except that the asphyxiation effect probably wouldn't last for hours.But I don't know that with any degree of certainty.

The longer I spend trimming,the broader my definition of "Larf" becomes.
I Blue my mind.
Slim Pickens is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:15 PM #52
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
The Fury2 is awesome. It is a smaller version of the Edge. The Edge has a few more features and the battery lasts longer. Other than that, they are similar.

The only problem with the Fury2 is the battery life. It definitely does not last all day like the Edge. Depends how much of a user you are. If you are a micro doser, the Fury is fine. If you're a heavy user, I might suggest moving up to the Edge.

Both are 15% off at puffitup.com with discount code PUFFEDUP

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:13 AM #53
Chi13

Chi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud ofChi13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexweed View Post
impossible for vaping to be anything like a joint, the most efficient delivery of cannabinoids vs the least efficient, the primary difference I notice with vaping is no matter what strain it always makes me sleepy, it's like there's a cannabinoid that gets destroyed with combustion that I get a higher concentration of, the terps are a lot more robust genuinely aroma therapy level, better than even the very first puff of a joint
I agree vaping is not like a joint and likely never will be.
I have always found that vaping energises me rather than making me feel sleepy. I mostly vape sativa's but even Indicas don't really make me tired if I vape, but do if I smoke.
Guess cannabis effects people in different ways.
Chi13 is offline Quote

Old 09-18-2020, 01:11 AM #54
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
pretty sure it's cbn on the higher temps that makes me sleepy, some of the thc probably degrades on the lower temps as I turn the heat up and it keeps getting exposed to hotter air
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 09-18-2020, 03:29 PM #55
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud of
Dynavap is like my old one hitter. Torch and IH give different hits, I love them both. But yeah, my Dynavaps are only used around the house.
F2 was my commuter vape for more than a year. It's a nice little vape but the battery life was way too short for my needs. I'm planning on upgrading to an Edge soon.
Love my Mighty. Easiest to use, low draw resistance, great flavor. It's not the latest and greatest but it's a time proven design that fits my needs very well.

Old 09-18-2020, 03:44 PM #56
gewse

gewse will become famous soon enoughgewse will become famous soon enough
I have the Arizer Solo, pretty good for its cost
gewse is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2020, 01:52 AM #57
Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond reputeSlim Pickens has a reputation beyond repute
I looked hard at the Starry v3 too.I might have bit on that one until I saw a review stating that it had a high warranty claim rate.Too bad,it looked to have been a solid option.

I Blue my mind.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:20 PM #58
Juan Budd

Juan Budd will become famous soon enoughJuan Budd will become famous soon enough
I have a few (and tried more) and Davinci IQ2 is way best portable. If you're interested, I'll tell more... but I have fractured my scapula so typing only worth it if it's worth it!
Juan Budd is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:09 PM #59
Slim Pickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Budd View Post
I have a few (and tried more) and Davinci IQ2 is way best portable. If you're interested, I'll tell more... but I have fractured my scapula so typing only worth it if it's worth it!
I broke my back in March and it hurt like he** to sit forward to type,so I know what you mean.I'll look at the DaVinci.Hope you heal pronto!

On edit:

I appreciate the recommendation of the Davinci Juan,but at this point in time,it is easily twice what I can afford to pay for a first vape.

Thanks tho!

I Blue my mind.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:01 AM #60
Browser
H8ters gonna h8

Browser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of lightBrowser is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens View Post
at this point in time,it is easily twice what I can afford to pay for a first vape.

Lower value vapes that still deliver include:

Dynavap, with the M entry model. A new one is produced each year. Get the one from last year and save some bucks. This is the kind of tool for former smokers, that want to feel the kick at the end of their throats

Boundless CFX, got no experience with it myself, but other people that know are impressed by what it delivers at a low price.

Pax 3, has a small form factor and good battery. With the Budkups, (un)loading and keeping the bowl clean is a breeze

Mighty, not really a low value vape, but the easiest to use. Getting something like this might actually save you money as you don't have to look around anymore, but might be the start of your VAS journey

B

Last edited by Browser; 09-23-2020 at 04:55 PM..
Browser is offline Quote