What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucky Dog Seed Co (SkunkVA)

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
All these letdowns led me to start trying to find that old back in the day shit. This lead me to the story of the chemdog, which lead me to top dawg seeds and eventually lucky dog seeds. Do you know what finally happened? Mother fucking success!!!!! My first 2 years of growing was all bulshit and finally I got good bud. The chemdog and even it's close relatives definitely hold up. That's why people still hold it in high regards and theres multiple threads hundreds of pages long about the chemdog all over the internet.

@acespicoli you should check out skunk va interview on "the potcast". You can find it on youtube. Its 3 hours long he goes into alot of history, at least from his perspective
This is what got me interested as well in the first place. Its a nice story n all but the hype just doesn't add up for me or any of my friends. Seems like the same thing being repeated over n over by people from outside NY area or who have no experience with the old sour, and have no concept of what truly "loud" bud is supposed to be in relation to sour diesel. A lot of misinformation. Then peeps like uptownpiff etc.

kaneboy

Luckydog 1st pic diesel therapy ,2nd pic sunshine biscuits
Around 4 weeks flower ,dont really bother counting days
20220710_103605.jpg

20220710_103558.jpg

Last edited:

uptownpiff

This is what got me interested as well in the first place. Its a nice story n all but the hype just doesn't add up for me or any of my friends. Seems like the same thing being repeated over n over by people from outside NY area or who have no experience with the old sour, and have no concept of what truly "loud" bud is supposed to be in relation to sour diesel. A lot of misinformation. Then peeps like uptownpiff etc.
Easy to see you have no idea what you're talking about haha the sour is loud, still wreaks up a room when you crack a jar. Some of the backcrosses I've seen are basically exactly the same as it was back in 2003. Chances are your memory is tainted. You were probably smoking beasters then came across the sour and it was sensory overload. Same with 91, you can smell it down a city block.. but keep smoking your gelato crosses kiddo :ROFLMAO:

BobChronic6505

Well I dont either man I'm from somewhere you would probably consider third world. I told you my story and tbh 99% of ppl on here ain't from where you're from. Tell us about this sour diesel you keep talking about, I assume this is a clone only variety? Have you even grown or smoked any of this lucky dog gear? Be helpful man it comes off like you are just trying to talk shit

kaneboy

@kaneboy tell us about that diezel therapy bro!!
20220710_131157.jpg

Diesel therapy-luckydog
So I think this plant is around 4.5 weeks flower.
Shes in soil ,canna terra professional for the 1st time ive used this product.
Nutes greenplanet dual fuel,rezin ,massive bloom.
Lights have been led,I started with viparspectra va1000 and unit farm 200 which were fine but got a chance to give mars fce 3000 a spin ,very impressed with the bar set up.
Shes really reeking now ,skunk and diesel are what I'm getting .
As with most seed runs I just see what I'm getting and have taken clones to run again of this one ,showing real promise 🙂🤙🤙

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Well I dont either man I'm from somewhere you would probably consider third world. I told you my story and tbh 99% of ppl on here ain't from where you're from. Tell us about this sour diesel you keep talking about, I assume this is a clone only variety? Have you even grown or smoked any of this lucky dog gear? Be helpful man it comes off like you are just trying to talk shit
Not trying to talk shit. I’m just a bit disappointed I guess? So I could keep quiet, but I’d rather save others the time and $ it takes to grow out these varieties, especially if they’re expectations are out of line due to things they’ve seen or read online or heard or whatever. The sour diesel I refer to was around 20 years ago and couldn’t be kept in plastic bags. Mandatory glass vials to contain the smell. Stone was heavy and short duration. Gasoline with a bit of lemon.

Last edited:

BobChronic6505

Not trying to talk shit. I’m just a bit disappointed I guess? So I could keep quiet, but I’d rather save others the time and $ it takes to grow out these varieties, especially if they’re expectations are out of line due to things they’ve seen or read online or heard or whatever. The sour diesel I refer to was around 20 years ago and couldn’t be kept in plastic bags. Mandatory glass vials to contain the smell. Stone was heavy and short duration. Gasoline with a bit of lemon.
i understand the disappointment man all too well. theres a lot of disappointments out there. ive definitely wasted the time for sure. tbh i think that back in the day shit was infinitely better than todays smoke. I think i may have grown up on outdoor varieties, with no real way to trace wtf they even could have been or where they came from.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Easy to see you have no idea what you're talking about haha the sour is loud, still wreaks up a room when you crack a jar. Some of the backcrosses I've seen are basically exactly the same as it was back in 2003. Chances are your memory is tainted. You were probably smoking beasters then came across the sour and it was sensory overload. Same with 91, you can smell it down a city block.. but keep smoking your gelato crosses kiddo :ROFLMAO:
Easy to see you’ve got no credibility with 3 posts. All in this thread. Chances are you’re misinformed or have something to gain from the hype. If I was a mod I think I’d have a field day exposing people. LoL. I’d think they can see the ip addresses etc and know who’s who.

uptownpiff

Easy to see you’ve got no credibility with 3 posts. All in this thread. Chances are you’re misinformed or have something to gain from the hype. If I was a mod I think I’d have a field day exposing people. LoL. I’d think they can see the ip addresses etc and know who’s who.
No credibility because I have a newer account? Yep, further proving my point..you have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ll take my 20+ years with the plant, born and raised in Manhattan, over your “smoke reports” on mostly hype garbage hybrids. You want my IP? How about my real address? You wouldn’t crush a grape homie please stop acting

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
No credibility because I have a newer account? Yep, further proving my point..you have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ll take my 20+ years with the plant, born and raised in Manhattan, over your “smoke reports” on mostly hype garbage hybrids. You want my IP? How about my real address? You wouldn’t crush a grape homie please stop acting
bullsh*t, spam, uptownpiff? lmao keep it comin

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Bro do u really shit all over the chemdog and lucky dog and top dawg gear but fuck with gelato????
I have nothing against trying anything tbh. Gelato happened to be some mid grade available to me at the time so I tried it. And that's exactly what I thought of it LoL midgrade bud. But this is what the forum is for. Expose the bullshit. Agree. Disagree. Debate. Etc. Don't need spam complicating things.

angelhead

I have nothing against trying anything tbh. Gelato happened to be some mid grade available to me at the time so I tried it. And that's exactly what I thought of it LoL midgrade bud. But this is what the forum is for. Expose the bullshit. Agree. Disagree. Debate. Etc. Don't need spam complicating things.

All good man but if you want to talk about your experiences with Chem '91 itself, there's a big thread for that. There's probably also another thread for Sour Diesel.

This is a thread specifically for Lucky Dog Seed Co. genetics, which, while incorporating the '91 in many cases, aren't the same as the old cut itself.

If you've decided you don't like the '91 based on your single (?) experience smoking a dispo version of it (Top Dawg or not), then that's up to you.

But none of us are really here to debate the merits of the '91 in and of itself. People might be keen to discuss that with you in one of those other threads.

Last edited:

Gone Camping

I haven't been growing all that long compared to most of y'all, I wasn't around better genetics either. Then came early retirement and some extra time on my hands..

It wasn't long after I found a few forums, where i first read of Chemdog.. researching found the stories.. amazing to a newbie.

Then I found out that SkunkVA was now breeding with it. It was this forum where I first saw his gear being run. @HydroOrganicFla was sharing pics of his Guerilla Fume.. I was sold. I was directed to shoe and I ran that strain for 1.5 years till a vacation shutdown.

As part of an 8k mile roadtrip I ended up at Bozeman International to pick up my family for a 2 week vrbo rental along the Yellowstone. After picking them up my first stop was to have my first experience within a dispensary.. Lucky Dog Cannabis Company to be specific!

The budtender seemed amazed I drove from PA to visit their little slice of heaven.. I explained my interest in the "Chem Family" and that I had been running their genetics. That's when she suggested I'd better meet the man himself... are ya shittin' me?!

SkunkVA graciously took time away from the grow to shake my hand and have a conversation for at least half an hour... turns out it was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I got a bag of real deal Chem91 that he's held since 95, among a few other of his offerings within the glass cabinet. I wasn't able to grab the Diesel Therapy that was next on the priority list.. but I did get an autographed T shirt!

If any of y'all find yourself in Bozeman, stop in and visit these fine people. I'm glad I did..

Guess it's time to roll myself some real Chemdog.. ;)

20220511_155016.jpg
20220511_120752.jpg

Oh, and currently in veg are some Double Krush with Dog Patch waiting it's turn.

Dean76

View attachment 18731871
Diesel therapy-luckydog
So I think this plant is around 4.5 weeks flower.
Shes in soil ,canna terra professional for the 1st time ive used this product.
Nutes greenplanet dual fuel,rezin ,massive bloom.
Lights have been led,I started with viparspectra va1000 and unit farm 200 which were fine but got a chance to give mars fce 3000 a spin ,very impressed with the bar set up.
Shes really reeking now ,skunk and diesel are what I'm getting .
As with most seed runs I just see what I'm getting and have taken clones to run again of this one ,showing real promise 🙂🤙🤙
Are you by chance running any Chem Brand alongside to compare?

uptownpiff

I love it when these youngsters call anything not agreeing with them "spam" when I was flushing units before they were dribbling down their dads leg..but hey, its easy behind the keyboard in mommas house

Latest posts

Latest posts