What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Sapphire limited edition

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
She's up and running. Looking forward to growing this one in the New Year. Hoping for the red pheno. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Soil is a tad rich, but she is almost ready to up pot anyway. Very wavy leaves that I'm thinking might be a low humidity response. Or maybe just very broad leaves. Anyhow, she's looking pretty red already on the stems and staying squatty for now.

xerb

First run and she's a winner

First run and she's a winner

Just getting to be nicely cured, she is already a favorite.
The high reminds me of Nepalese finger hash!

Very smooth and relaxing high, body and mind. Everybody knows you're stoned though, eyes at half mast and a shit eating grin!

My girlfriends favorite for years has been Super Silver Haze, but now, more often then naught, she reaches for the Red Sapphire in the evening.

I am a dyed in the wool sativa lover, but I definitely enjoy this one too.

Get 'em before they're gone... Xerb

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the feedback xerb :wave: Glad you and your wife are enjoying with your Red Sapphire harvest!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Mine is looking more like Fronk's. Very PCK, columnar shape. Doubt I will get foxtailing under the LEDs. Mild aromas but a little sweet.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TexasTea,

Nice reddish colors! Red Sapphire has a quite discreet smell during flowering, definitely quite stealth, not stinky.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I think it's about week 9 or so. I had overfed this plant and she clawed up a bit... not too bad though. And she kinda grew out of it after awhile. I never gave this one anything but water.. nice colors, very low aroma, a tickle under her skirts yields some sticky hash aromas but very light.

No recent shots but I just defanned her for the last week or so to get better light penetration. Leaves were huge.

Attachments

• photo2025913.jpg
    photo2025913.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2025914.jpg
    photo2025914.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 37
  • photo2025915.jpg
    photo2025915.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2025916.jpg
    photo2025916.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 36

gkn

Hi Dubi and everyone! It's been some years since i have posted in the forums. I had a very popular Old Timer's Haze thread over 10 years ago and since then i've been working as writer, photographer and editorial director in HAZE magazine (@revistahaze RevistaHaze facbeook and www.revistahaze.com). Nowadays everything's moved to Instagram but i feel the forums are infintly better to learn and share knowledge, so here i'm back to show you my latest ACE strain grow which happens to be this Red Sapphire that Dubi gifted to me at Spannabis 2019.
I have 3 different phenotypes, two purple and one green. The purple phenos are different between them as well, one being a bit more pink in colour, more sativa looking flowers, and a very faint smell.
The other purple one is very deep red, fucsia colour, and the smell is well pronounced. Its a sweet 'purple' smell that i recognise in many PCK hybrids i've grown. It's very dominant.
The green pheno is very resinous, the smell its on the same side of PCK sweet funkyness, but a more creamy version.
They are at 6 weeks and look really advanced. I don't think they'll go over 8.

Attachments

• IMG-1344.jpg
    IMG-1344.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-1496.jpg
    IMG-1496.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-1497.jpg
    IMG-1497.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 56
  • SIL hood
    SIL hood
    43.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-1489.jpg
    IMG-1489.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 56
  • -pic5571-redsapphire4-xcrop.JPG
    -pic5571-redsapphire4-xcrop.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 42

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry TexasTea! Recently found again the Red Sapphire thread and saw the great end of your plant ;)
Really beautiful red almost pure PCK expression. How is your Red Sapphire after a good curing ? ;)

PCK is so dominant in hybrids that even in hybrids containing only 1/4 PCK like this one, the PCK traits are all over the place, clearly dominating over the other 3 genetics involved in this polyhybrid.
That's why it's so easy to recognize a PCK hybrid, no matter what cool name they choose to hide the linage.

So glad to see you posting back gkn :) A pleasure to see the outcome of the Red Sapphire pack from the fair ;)
Really great RS expressions, please let me know your opinion about them, you have experience with PCK hybrids and your feedback is always greatly appreciated.
Glad you also got a green one! It is also very nice and completely different in terpenes and effects compared with the red colorful phenos.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This is some stunning looking weed. Very dark purple red flowers are dramatic looking. This was a small yielding plant, very compact growth habit. I probably could gotten plenty off of it with more training, but I was content just to have a taste as I have more seeds left and can grow it again.

After curing for several months she is sweeter smoking for sure. Pleasant honey, tea, minty, lemon and dark fruit aromas when you open a bud. I took several big tokes and am quite high...definitely feels like many of the PCK crosses I have smoked. A+ :)
PXL_20210712_001323095.jpg
PXL_20210712_001310878.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This was nice for a guitar session. I played for at least half an hour and spent quite awhile improvising and noodling around. Great creative effect with this one. I'm still floating and relaxed as I wind down for bed, so its a good choice for an evening smoke.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks and sounds delicious TexasTea :yummy: Thanks a lot for revisiting the Red Sapphite jars to get back to us with a smoke report ;)
Glad the colors, terps and creative yet relaxed effects are of your taste!

gkn

Well if you ask for my opinion Dubi, Red Sapphire is an astonishing beauty of a plant, could be grown for ornamental purposes alone, like the legend that said Purpurea ticinensis was.
As long as the smoke report goes, they are still drying and will need some curing before i can assay something properly, but i can already tell the green pheno is way louder in the smell, in resins and i'm sure it will give a better smoke than the red ones. My buddy says it's a bit banana-like and reminds him of the popular Amnesia cut. For me all three are very Chitral-ish but would know how to describe it. I will post some more pictures later.
saludos

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
gkn, it’s so nice to meet you in this forum again. I hope all has been well. I will check out your link and works. No IG for me, so I continue to lurk in the shadows of IC. I took a couple years hiatus with family, but am back at it again on this site as well. Your Red Sapphires are looking great. TT, nice one as well!!

kamyo

Veteran
Hi, friends. I have 4 girls going right now, about 4 weeks into 11/13. Familiar PCK smell for sure, but kind of a bubblegum kind of thing. No colors yet, but they sometimes take a bit of time to develop. Figured I could always add some more PCK if I need more color.
PXL_20211106_024125616.jpg
PXL_20211106_023743109.jpg
PXL_20211106_023140666.jpg
PXL_20211106_023603418.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Looking nice. I might grow this one again at some point. Maybe do a Mini Grow style next time... Very dramatic looking plant and easy to grow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to see you posting here kamyo :wave: Hope you are doing great. :)
Thanks for sharing pics of your current Red Sapphire plants, glad you are already findiing the appealing bublegum terps, hope they start to show get nice colors in the upcoming weeks

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I'm getting those bubblegum and spice smells in my recent green pheno Purple Mexican which is also a PCK hybrid. I did not really have that aroma in the Red Sapphire but then again I had the deep red one.