What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Sativa Seed Club - Friesland Indica (M33)

44:86N

I have a pack of Freisland sourced through Kwik, and this is one of the strains I would like to grow outdoors in 2022.

After reading through this topic thread, I find myself thinking it might be a good idea to run these indoors over the winter in order to select some decent clones.

Does anyone have any experience with this strain indoors, under 12/12?

Is this an appropriate strain to take clones/mothers from due to it's earliness and reported semi-auto traits?

Or should I just roll the dice next season and be a Water Monkey for whatever girls show up?

44:86N

Will Friesland from Kwik Seeds/The Real Seed Company autoflower indoors under 16/8 light period?

Good question. And, perhaps a good experiment.

According to the sources, Friesland is early maturing, not an auto-flower. The sources also say bloom time is 8 weeks, with finish dates from mid to late Sept.

Originally bred in Friesland Provence, Netherlands, for outdoor production. Friesland is at 53:80N, latitude. In order for a plant with an 8 week bloom time to finish by mid-Sept., it needs to initiate the flowering cycle in mid-July. The length of day on July 15, 53:80N, is roughly 16:25 hrs. For those plants finishing late Sept., an initiation date of July 31 with a day length of 15:20 hrs. will get them done by the end of Sept.

From reading this thread, it does sound like there are two or more pheno-types. early/late, high calyx/low calyx to leaf ration.

So, if you are planning on running your Friesland at 16hrs daylength, see what happens. The early ones should initiate the flowering cycle. If there is a later pheno, those plants won't, or will take longer.

However, the length of days late cycle look like this: 12:39hrs Sept. 15 -- 11:41hrs Sept. 30

So, if you continuously run a 16 hr long day, they will take forever to finish, or might not. BUT, it does sound like the earlier plants are the worthwhile ones (info in this thread, again), so what you are doing might be a great way to select good plants early.

If you go this route, please keep track of everything, take good notes, and keep icmag posted!

Latest posts

Latest posts