What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
Pretty sure he was just poking some harmless fun :yes:
Excited to see the grow myself :plant grow:

I suppose you are in fact correct hard to take stuff after the last mess of a thread though.....sorry folks! This is what I wanted to do in the beginning just had a stretch of bad luck but I have these in organic soil instead of my usual hydro set up so I hope to be able to compare them to my original cindy also grown in organic soil. Its been over 10 years since I bloomed any pot plants in soil and hoping to find flavors of the good old days when I was a young buck just learning my way. Feeding Guanos for now and up potting to peat and fox farm ocean forest mix soon. They are very root bound again in 6 inch pots. Bushing nicely and they have grown a lot over night! Topping made them explode underneath I also pruned off any lower node growth beyond 5 nodes of the tops last week.

~star~crash~

i had email exchange w/soul back in april & he was a very cool fellow w/me & responded..he absolutely reassured me that she(cindy) will be true to his original ...

c99?:woohoo:what a girl! happy trippy high all day & all night high & her pollen was gold

it's nice to reminisce i pray she pans out..peace

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I already told ya in PM I have a pack of Green Avenger and Rosetta Stone and two vials of the freebies. I was yanking yer chain mate:biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
I already told ya in PM I have a pack of Green Avenger and Rosetta Stone and two vials of the freebies. I was yanking yer chain mate:biggrin:

Haven't we all had a momentary lapse of reason at some point? I totally forgot just forget the rubbish brother!

I'd also like to add that these plants did show a Phosphorous deficiency after transplant from pure peat but after top dressing they have been flawless ever since and are perfect dark green.

As for the overall growth all plants are very similar in growth and appearance as if they are clones from the same mom....very uniform. 2/23 what I would call runts the rest are uniform. Good breeding at least for veg and time will tell all!

Cheers Then,
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I believe I now have identified a 3rd male out of the 7 current plants the other 4 remain unsexed so certainly hoping they prove to be nice ladies! I am still on 18/6 and at 1000w hortilux hps. My 2 small cuts are both female if memory serves me.

They have continued to explode with the lower foliage catching up to the tops after I topped them about a week ago. I am hoping to flip them next week but they will most likely go in with my sativa's and in 11/13 as I don't want to mess with the purple haze right now as its at 32 days in. I am in 6 inch pots right now and planning to up pot to 3 gallons per plant which I hope will get them through blooming.

May post more pics soon. Stay tuned!

LostTribe

Premium user
Bad Day

Stupid ballast died today that is 2 dead ballasts in a month! This one is warrantied but have to send it back....so spent a while searching but located my old magnetic ballast and swapped the cord sets back out and got it back up and running for now. Appears I had accidentally set the ballast to super lumen rather than 1k....wtf is super lumen?? Must have fried it.

Its time for some good luck!

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
thats gota sux 2 in a month.
plants R looking nice tho

So my old magnetic 400 that is like 15 years old plus got flooded by mother nature last year. It never failed prior to flooding with a lot of use. I got an E ballast 1000w about a year ago and it just went out....Hope the 1000w magnetic holds up for a few days but it was also involved in a flood, but it fired right up and I had opened it all the way up to check connections and its clean inside. I am hoping it hold as I dont want to have to toss them into bloom earlier than planned. Also second guessing my replacement for the old 400, a 400 E ballast....they are warrantied though and cheap.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sux about your ballast problems. I know that shit can have you on edge. Atleast you had a plan b stored away!!

I got my buddy who lives literally 9 houses down from where I grow. He used to grow but has stopped since getting married and having a kid. But everytime I'm in a jam and need something on the fly, he has most everything I have! It is INCREDIBLY nice knowing plan b is within walking distance. I know everyone isn't as lucky.

LostTribe

Premium user
I want to add that even an incandescent light bulb on a timer can keep your plants from freaking out if you are in a hell of a jam. I got that from a very reputable source many years ago. It has come in handy before today like when I had that flood which occurred a few weeks into 12/12.

corky1968

Veteran
I'm cloning with 100 watt incandescent light bulbs right now in my bathroom.

I do have T5's but I'm in no rush and it works in about 2 weeks anyways.

I've kept males plants alive in my bathroom with them as well during isolation.

LostTribe

Premium user

Actually a low wattage cfl would apply as that is what I would use and when I was given this bit of advice it was over a decade ago.

Thanks for stopping by corky I have high hopes for these C99. Check that old-timer's thread I think the haze is root bound again....starting to go pale green and yellow.

I've grown and flowered plants during winter with incandecents and CFLs.

Incandecents have a good spectrum but poor penetration because the light is scattered all over. Incandecents have to be kept very close to the plants like CFLs.

LostTribe

Premium user
Finally! 1 Female from this round of 7 seeds. I have what seems to be 3 Males identifying already too. All are starting to show node growths so I am expecting to know more soon.

The plants have grown quite a bit since I took the last pics so I will post some tomorrow. Its dark period already do have to wait. They are growing perfectly dark green and not showing any problems at all! Also bushing nicely since being topped.

Nup

Subbed up for this. Always seeing C99 threads and discussions. Good to see a grow ;)
Hope the progress is good. Light problems and all.

~star~crash~

Finally! 1 Female from this round of 7 seeds. I have what seems to be 3 Males identifying already too. All are starting to show node growths so I am expecting to know more soon.

The plants have grown quite a bit since I took the last pics so I will post some tomorrow. Its dark period already do have to wait. They are growing perfectly dark green and not showing any problems at all! Also bushing nicely since being topped.

cool on the sexing ...can't wait for pics ...peace

Tynehead Tom

So my old magnetic 400 that is like 15 years old plus got flooded by mother nature last year. It never failed prior to flooding with a lot of use. I got an E ballast 1000w about a year ago and it just went out....Hope the 1000w magnetic holds up for a few days but it was also involved in a flood, but it fired right up and I had opened it all the way up to check connections and its clean inside. I am hoping it hold as I dont want to have to toss them into bloom earlier than planned. Also second guessing my replacement for the old 400, a 400 E ballast....they are warrantied though and cheap.

dude, after watching all my friends have issues with digital ballasts over the last bunch of years..... I got a good chuckle when I wired my grow with 15 year old cap and coil magnetic ballasts. Both 400HPS, 400MH and 1000MH (running NH940HPS conversion bulbs).
sure, they hum a little but they are bullet proof. I grabbed a few new capacitors for the MH kits but otherwise, all my gear is "old school".
I'll never buy into the digital ballast game and when I order new stuff from the electrical wholesaler (not the grow stores LOL) , I'll be saving some good coin too. Only downside is one needs to fabricate their own enclosure/safety box and do all the wiring for lamp and power cord. I always get the ballasts that allow 110/220/430V so I can wire everything 220 and cut down the amp draws.
digital ballasts suck and I think the industry came up with them to cost people more money. Kinda like car parts that are designed to last 5 years instead of a few decades ago when they made them to last for at least 20 years LOL

anyhow, sorry for the ramble, sending positive vibes for your grow :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
dude, after watching all my friends have issues with digital ballasts over the last bunch of years..... I got a good chuckle when I wired my grow with 15 year old cap and coil magnetic ballasts. Both 400HPS, 400MH and 1000MH (running NH940HPS conversion bulbs).
sure, they hum a little but they are bullet proof. I grabbed a few new capacitors for the MH kits but otherwise, all my gear is "old school".
I'll never buy into the digital ballast game and when I order new stuff from the electrical wholesaler (not the grow stores LOL) , I'll be saving some good coin too. Only downside is one needs to fabricate their own enclosure/safety box and do all the wiring for lamp and power cord. I always get the ballasts that allow 110/220/430V so I can wire everything 220 and cut down the amp draws.
digital ballasts suck and I think the industry came up with them to cost people more money. Kinda like car parts that are designed to last 5 years instead of a few decades ago when they made them to last for at least 20 years LOL

anyhow, sorry for the ramble, sending positive vibes for your grow :tiphat:

Thats exactly how I feel right now. I only lost my 400 mag ballast due to a flood as far as I am concerned and it might just be the cap which I can test and replace easily just grabbed the other one because I was enjoying not lugging around the 1k then it blows up! Well not exactly but it quit working you know. The plants don't appear to be affected.

I was super busy this morning and didnt have time for pics but will post some soon. I did up pot the 1 female and the other large plant as it looks female but still no visible hairs. I went from 6 in pots to 12 inch with 40/40/20 Fox Farm Ocean Forest/Peat Moss/Perlite. Added a bit of dolomite lime and watered with tap for today. They are all looking nice and I really hope I get 2 more Fine Ladies to try out positive vibes!

Growth is nice, dark green, shorter internode length than the old stuff but that is a plus in my book. Lots of growth from the under foliage which is catching the tops.

They are roughly 2x the size of that last picture I posted of all 7.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
THOUGHT I WOULD LIVEN THIS PLACE UP A BIT!!!! PIC OF NEW GRIMM C99!!!!

PIC FROM @ironheads_garden

picture.php

NO DROOLING ON YOUR KEYBOARDS PLEASE!!!!

LT