What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauwi in blue coconut flake cans (late 70's)

OldBastard

Anyone remeber this weed?
It was packed into a one oz can with a label that said coconut flakes from Maui.
It was the best weed around these parts, and I can't quite remeber the graphics.
It was only about a 2x3x4 inch can.

Buds were real sugary, and almost hallucinogenic.

I would KILL to find someone who still had an empty can to sell!!!

Realized I misspelled maui in title. Don't know how to edit title.

Last edited:

Jansjukebox

well, that sounds like it might be some good stuff, but I've never heard of a brand liek that personally. Could it be that someone just used the can to transport the weed? The world my never know.

62323112008_038-med.jpg

OldBastard

Nope, there was a lot of people who bought this stuff. The buds would stick to your finger.
I know of people in this area who talked about it for years afterwards.

I know there had to have been other people who know about this.

MamieJules

I've had some!! Back at home in Chitown...a group of friends somehow got several cans....it was the first "sinsemilla". There was practically no such thing as a seedless bag of weed back then. My 28 year old son and his friends cannot believe that the open album cover and edge of the BigBambu pack were the norm.
The "good old days"????

Peace,
Jules

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
in 84-85 friend of mine was in the us air force his wifes family was in hawai and every month they would send a case of pineapple cans with blue hawain wraped in gold thread around small scewers. currently i have a OG Kush fm x Maui Waui male = Kauai kush i have few F2 seed left and made few thousand F3's lol with a nice F2 male i got

OldBastard

I've had some!! Back at home in Chitown...a group of friends somehow got several cans....it was the first "sinsemilla". There was practically no such thing as a seedless bag of weed back then. My 28 year old son and his friends cannot believe that the open album cover and edge of the BigBambu pack were the norm.
The "good old days"????

Peace,
Jules

That's cool as hell.
You're the first person after all these years who knows what I'm talking about.
That weed was something special.
I just wish someone had kept the genetics from all these different types
of herb.
There is so much name and mojo factor to weed these days.
It would be nice to do side by side comparisons.
Can't wait to harvest my own crop.

THE GOBBLER

I know this is an old thread but I was thinking of this weed a few months ago. We originally got ours from South Side Chicago connection and enjoyed it during the early 1980's. The cans we had came with a pack of rolling papers stamped from a head shop in Maui I think. Boy that was some good weed back then. I had a can (empty of course) up until a few years ago, but pretty sure it got thrown out. I do have some pics. Hope this brings back happy high memories....THE GOBBLER

Lestoil

Coconut Cans

Coconut Cans

I'm from the South Side, also. Was just in a closet in the basement, where I found my stash of these cans. I have thirteen 1-ounce cans and five 1/2-ounce cans. Almost all are still in good shape, too! A couple have cracked tops, but that's about it. Didn't find any packs of papers in any of the cans, but there are still seeds there. Probably not viable anymore. I remember the product very well!

Ahhhh, the good old days. That stuff was great! And if I remember correctly, that stash of cans would have been worth about $1,550!

growingcrazy

Didn't find any packs of papers in any of the cans, but there are still seeds there. Probably not viable anymore. I remember the product very well!

Ahhhh, the good old days. That stuff was great! And if I remember correctly, that stash of cans would have been worth about $1,550!

When are you going to try to germinate a few of those?

I wasn't born at that time so I don't bring much else to this thread.

MauiFlake

Anyone remeber this weed?
It was packed into a one oz can with a label that said coconut flakes from Maui.
It was the best weed around these parts, and I can't quite remeber the graphics.
It was only about a 2x3x4 inch can.

Buds were real sugary, and almost hallucinogenic.

I would KILL to find someone who still had an empty can to sell!!!

Realized I misspelled maui in title. Don't know how to edit title.

I remember it well. About a buck fifty a can as I recall. Still have seeds from the can too.

Attachments

• IMG_0191d resize sm.jpg
    IMG_0191d resize sm.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0207 Resized sm.jpg
    IMG_0207 Resized sm.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 35

Booyah!

Pop those beans! Very nice, I remember getting some amazing Hawaiian but never got a can or any seeds. Still the best Sativa Ive come across

MauiFlake

Pop those beans! Very nice, I remember getting some amazing Hawaiian but never got a can or any seeds. Still the best Sativa Ive come across
Would love to "Pop those beans" but as a total rookie, I'm guessing my chances of getting any of these 40 year old seeds to pop and survive are slim to none. They've been with me for years and I've not paid any attention to properly storing them. Just now gathering the all the required items to attempt my first indoor grow. So far have a tent, light (LED & CMH), fan, filter, etc. Still need new seeds, pots, soil, fertilizer, and any other additives that might be needed. Doing the research now which is how I found this site. Reading the experience level of you all is awesome but somewhat intimidating.. Will power on!