What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lil' late season Ace pop

Hello All,

Please welcome my attempt at maintaining a grow log. For this grow I will be sprouting a few feminized Ace seed, and 2 regulars from Emerald Mountain Legacy. The plants will live outside, looking for a small short season grow. I don't normally do fems, and I don't normally grow outside... but I want in
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Seed are:
1 Golden Tiger - f
1 Nepal Jam - f
1 Purple Malawi/PCK #47 x Nepal Jam - f (I think this is now sold as Red Sapphire)

They will be grown in small pot with amended organic soil. I will stick to 1 gallon if I can get away with it. We'll see...

GingerBeard

Seeds are being soaked in Korean Natural Farming - SES (Seed sTreatment Solution)
Per gallon of RO water was added:
4ml OHN
8ml Vinegar (1/3 papaya vin, 2/3 brown rice vin)
8ml Fermented Plant Juice (comfrey)
8ml Calcium (I use Biomin chelated Ca)
8ml Activated EM-1
1/4 t Sea-90
1/8 t Aloe powder

24 hour soak, then into soil - I don't wait for the full tail to emerge.

5" pots, hydroton to the first set of drainage holes, then inserted wick. Fill with soil - I compress the soil a bit - I find this helps get the small plants rooted well. It does increase the time for the sprouts to push up through the soil, no rush here.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome GingerBeard :)

Thanks for joining us here in this room on ICMag.

Good luck with your Golden Tiger, Nepal Jam and Red Shappire grow!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GingerBeard,

Since flowering will start soon outdoors for them, guess it's a good idea to transplant them to bigger pots as soon as possible so they have a bit of time to develop some lateral structure, otherwise their yield will very small. Regards

Thanks Dubi,

Plants were recently potted up to 9" from the 4". There is some yellowing of leaves in prior pics - this is phytotoxcicity from an early morning Karanja Oil spray... live and learn.

Soil for these is a house made custom blend, soil testing by Spectrum, nutrient amending by me. Soil surface was sprinkled with EM-1 bokashi and covered with wood mulch.

Nepal Jam starting to do her thing. Seeds soaked on July 12, cracked on 14th. Above ground July 15th. Currently getting 13 hours of daylight.

This plant looks like it would be very suitable for indoor - compact columnar structure with minimal branching, solid strong stem. Early flowers look like they will stack to form a solid cola.

BuzzBob56

Not that I know what I'm talk'n about... But they're looking healthy, and happy, to be sure.

Following along for the rest of the show!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GingerBeard,

Glad to see them catching up well after the transplant and that they are already flowering.
Best wishes! :)