What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

black fly larvae?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I was wondering if anyone knows about this stuff or use/used it in the past, as a top dresser/amendment for soil?

This insect attacks the marijuana, harvest could be lost. To prevent its occurrence, have to take care of the lower parts of the plant.

MedFaced

I’ve used them to feed reptiles but didn’t think about this application until spotting your thread. Wow.

When I bought them as feeders, the larvae came in little cups of dirt. They grow/pupate quickly and turn into little drunken looking flies at room/warm temps.

:lurk:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I’ve used them to feed reptiles but didn’t think about this application until spotting your thread. Wow.

When I bought them as feeders, the larvae came in little cups of dirt. They grow/pupate quickly and turn into little drunken looking flies at room/warm temps.

:lurk:

The stuff i got is from Boogie Brew company.

Its labeled as Boogie Black

Says its 100% insect frass

Its says: Derived form the exoskeletal and exudate matter of black soldier fly larvae... A powdered (hammer milled) organic product used for early plant growth with diverse amino acid and micronutrient profile along with a natural beneficial microbial population.

I might spot test it on a plant or two? I don't know???

J

jaded1

Insect frass is a great amendment,i've used it for a couple of years as a top dress at 1g per litre of soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts