What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

I lowered the folding tables that support the flood tables. Next I have to shorten the hanging assembly on the lights and flip the hangers around so I can adjust the lights without hanging over the tables. :dance013:

Attachments

• IMG_2857.jpg
    IMG_2857.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14

Fixer

Awesome build! Your attention to detail will definitely pay off in the long run!

Thanks Smokendogcujo, How are you doing?:tiphat:

Back in the lab the plants went on vacation under the big lights this weekend. I moved them because the RH was getting too high in the veg room. There were 17 plants in there and the RH was over 80% so I moved the seven I've grown from seed to the flower room where the dehumidifier (which I didn't need) is but could barely hit 45% RH there. So they are back under the 6500K T5's in the veg room with the door cracked a few inches. :bashhead:

The two fastest growing plants seem to be suffering from some type of deficiency. I've got a little spotting and yellowing on some of the older fan leaves. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 59570285576__3548072D-1DA6-4EAF-92B4-7B6A2A6366A2.jpg
    59570285576__3548072D-1DA6-4EAF-92B4-7B6A2A6366A2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2875.jpg
    IMG_2875.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Fixer

I found these duel skewers that make great floppy clone holders.

coooper I've attached pictures of the parts I made the drains out of. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2863.jpg
    IMG_2863.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 18

Fixer

No problem! I keep mine about 6” from the top of plants

Thanks coooper!

hi fixer :tiphat:

Im enjoying watching your garden construction of. What co2 ppm are you running? in both rooms?

Hey unnamedmike, I haven't started running CO2 yet. I'm planning on running it at around 1200ppm in the flower room once the plants are under the 1000W bulbs.

Attachments

• IMG_2904.jpg
    IMG_2904.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 16

Fixer

I'm amazed at how much faster clones grow than the plants from seed. Who would have thunk? :lightning:

Anyone know about these leafs? I have two of seven plants that are growing like this. They look leathery and the middle ones droop. If I knew more I'd guess it's a phenotype.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2960.jpg
    IMG_2960.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Fixer

Looks a lot like over watering

Are certain prototypes more susceptible to over watering? These two plants look markedly different from the other five. Their leaves look like spinach leaves. There are only 7 fingers on the large fan leaves where the rest of the plants have 9 fingers. I don't know.

Fixer

So the fan leaves on these plants are huge! They're blocking the light. We're seven weeks tomorrow. When can I start thinning the plants? :chin:

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2991.jpg
    IMG_2991.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 15

BuzzBob56

Hi BuzzBob, I see your plants are looking happy. Are you getting enough aeration with your system?

Hey Fixer! Sorry, I missed this a while back! Aeration/DO: Darn good question! I do not have { and no-way can afford } a DO Meter. I am hoping as I meet more local Growers, I may find someone nearby that has one I might borrow. I have had my concerns. So, presently, I have an additional g'sized old pool pump cycling, and big-time splashing, water in the Res. With that, I believe I am getting what The Girls need.

...The two fastest growing plants seem to be suffering from some type of deficiency. I've got a little spotting and yellowing on some of the older fan leaves. :)

Hey! Did you capture any pics of this? Sounds like what I have going... How'd you resolve it?

BTW: Have I mentioned being a Mainer Living in Exile? Born in Augusta, lived in Kents Hill near Readfield. Wife and I are planning a trip up that way late next summer...

Fixer

Hey Fixer! Sorry, I missed this a while back! Aeration/DO: Darn good question! I do not have { and no-way can afford } a DO Meter. I am hoping as I meet more local Growers, I may find someone nearby that has one I might borrow. I have had my concerns. So, presently, I have an additional g'sized old pool pump cycling, and big-time splashing, water in the Res. With that, I believe I am getting what The Girls need.

Hey! Did you capture any pics of this? Sounds like what I have going... How'd you resolve it?

BTW: Have I mentioned being a Mainer Living in Exile? Born in Augusta, lived in Kents Hill near Readfield. Wife and I are planning a trip up that way late next summer...

Hi BuzzBob, What about using a small fountian head and spraying it into an inverted bucket? Something like this:

https://www.kineticfountains.com/Toba-Fountain-Head-Set-For-Pond_p_982.html

I was born in ME and have moved back and fourth from NH to ME, among other places, over the years.

See the pic of the deficiency below. I started feeding CalMg but at the same time I flushed my coco because I was getting readings of over 1000ppm in my runoff. So I was also afraid I might also have lockout. Are you using a calibrated pH meter?

Attachments

• 59589220939__7A3FED22-3085-4CC8-B190-5A0C75260830.jpg
    59589220939__7A3FED22-3085-4CC8-B190-5A0C75260830.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16

BuzzBob56

Hi BuzzBob, What about using a small fountain head and spraying it into an inverted bucket?
I honestly do not feel I have an issue with DO, what with the agitation being provided. Here's a pic of the Res, with the Return Waterfall and the pool-pump adding additional splash:

I was born in ME and have moved back and fourth from NH to ME, among other places, over the years.
Cool! My family left Maine when I was like 6 y/o. But I have fond memories, and my heart certainly yearns for a return.

See the pic of the deficiency below. I started feeding CalMg but at the same time I flushed my coco because I was getting readings of over 1000ppm in my runoff. So I was also afraid I might also have lockout. Are you using a calibrated pH meter?
Thx! I've raised my EC up to like 1.6-something, and will also be re-adjusting the pH. Calibrated pH Meter: Yes, but's been a few weeks since I last calibrated it. I have more powder coming. Should be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20191127 Res.jpg
    20191127 Res.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Latest posts