What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica

Theorganicguy

Lol no fish but I didn’t try that hard either... was just good to get on the river :woohoo:
I found the patch of Nettle that has returned every year for four or five years now... never seen them in Yukon and then they show right close to where I’m growing herbs... kewl. Going to steal a bunch for cover crop in my green house beds. Should get soil biota moving and provide some nutrients when I chop and drop for early flower.

Also here’s a lump of the clay that sits about six feet down... been using it as a glacial rock dust/Calcium saturated clay sort of amendment... likely contains mg as well based on water report from nearby well.

Going to go putter away at green house a bit, work on getting a full water barrel and transplant nettles.. pics tomorrow I guess considering I don’t have any seeds to start showing yet.

That's what I call local grown :biggrin:
briefly update:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Almost ready to flower ;)

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Good luck Yukon :huggg:

View Image View Image

Let the games begin :biggrin:

4 haven’t germinated yet which is an unusually high number for ACE genetics... other 8 are in dirt. I’m a little paranoid as every time I start seeds lately something goes wrong! I’m hoping some will pop out in next day or two to alleviate my anxiety.. as a point of personal pride and respect for the work they took I really always hope to have high success rates popping seeds but in the end if I get three or four or even two to make seed with I can be happy... lol I’m sure it won’t matter much in the end considering I’m more addicted to buying seed than smoking weed. I imagine I’ll get more when I try Auto Panama :dance013:

SolarLogos

4 haven’t germinated yet which is an unusually high number for ACE genetics... other 8 are in dirt. I’m a little paranoid as every time I start seeds lately something goes wrong! I’m hoping some will pop out in next day or two to alleviate my anxiety.. as a point of personal pride and respect for the work they took I really always hope to have high success rates popping seeds but in the end if I get three or four or even two to make seed with I can be happy... lol I’m sure it won’t matter much in the end considering I’m more addicted to buying seed than smoking weed. I imagine I’ll get more when I try Auto Panama :dance013:
Good morning Yukon. Glad to see you got those autos you were talking about. The seeds that didn't pop, do they float in water? If they float, water is not getting in. Scarify the seeds or carefully crack them (they make a cannabis seed cracker just for this). Otherwise, time....
Good luck my friend.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Good morning Yukon. Glad to see you got those autos you were talking about. The seeds that didn't pop, do they float in water? If they float, water is not getting in. Scarify the seeds or carefully crack them (they make a cannabis seed cracker just for this). Otherwise, time....
Good luck my friend.
Peace, God bless

Nah they’re sunk and swollen just won’t crack... I change the water every day... tomorrow I might take em out and let em dry for a few hours before placing into some worm castings and then in a warm place for a week or two at most...

Edit: in past I’ve had good success cracking them by nicking the little rib down each side of the seed and sometimes the bottom tip. Usually after that no more than minor pressure is needed to open a seam enough for water..

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Getting worried. All the ZamxGuatemala I germinated with Auto Zam are up but none of the Autos.
I don’t understand why I keep having abysmal rates with the odd batch of seeds here and there.
I keep seeds starts super simple with distilled water containing a few drops of kelp/B1 and a few drops B. Subtilis serum. Placed onto Peat with 10-20 % coir as medium and covered loosely and very thinly with MYKE mycorrhizal additive (vermiculite peat and spores) watered drop by drop with a syringe only until moist never soaked.

Last edited:

YukonKronic

I looked and they appear stalled. I scraped all but very very thin cover of medium off top of seeds and put them in a 28-30C area instead of 20-25.

Edit: I decided it was a critical moment. The medium looked more damp than it should and upon questioning I discovered “someone” had watered them for me... was genuinely well intentioned by a very dear loved one so I swallowed my considerable (f*ckn epic) frustration and lifted dirt (it’s not but we’re calling it that) with a pointy thing to aerate without damaging seeds then put them in my car in the sun. Only hot (30-33C or so) dry place I have where I can keep them under my eye.

And what a happily gleaming eye it was when I saw some signs of life in at least two and I think three seeds... I’m continuing to check on them and even drove around with heater on to get temp back up.

These seeds will get EVERY chance I can give them.

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
G'day mate!
I can understand your frustration for I have had seeds that simply wouldn't germinate...part of the game I reckon. However, keeping sowing cups in high temps like 33s will get the medium dry and hot in no time leaving it with very little or no moisture which in turn gets them seeds buffled...now if you come to think that roots are meant to grow and develop at 20-25 or maybe less, then you get the picture... I might be ridiculously wrong though... :biggrin:
I hope they sprout on you man!

:tiphat:orfeas

clearheaded

very cool idea!! may be perfect healing day time high!!!! excited to hear how the high is! and how compares to regular zam. may find a high cbd pheno which may be pretty interetsing!!

YukonKronic

G'day mate!
I can understand your frustration for I have had seeds that simply wouldn't germinate...part of the game I reckon. However, keeping sowing cups in high temps like 33s will get the medium dry and hot in no time leaving it with very little or no moisture which in turn gets them seeds buffled...now if you come to think that roots are meant to grow and develop at 20-25 or maybe less, then you get the picture... I might be ridiculously wrong though... :biggrin:
I hope they sprout on you man!

:tiphat:orfeas

Oh yea I started at those temps and then things got soggy so for today only precisely to dry out medium I bumped heat.... so far seems good but I’m still anxious looking at the seven other seeds that came up just fine in same flat of cells...

Edit: a day later and one is emerging! I see green on one more and it’s enough to make me hope hard for some others... the 4 that never germinated are still soaking and will be put in warm moist soil soon and just left on standby until sprouting or I give up keeping them moist... usually takes about two weeks to wear my patience out on that.

Last edited:

Theorganicguy

Oh yea I started at those temps and then things got soggy so for today only precisely to dry out medium I bumped heat.... so far seems good but I’m still anxious looking at the seven other seeds that came up just fine in same flat of cells...

Edit: a day later and one is emerging! I see green on one more and it’s enough to make me hope hard for some others... the 4 that never germinated are still soaking and will be put in warm moist soil soon and just left on standby until sprouting or I give up keeping them moist... usually takes about two weeks to wear my patience out on that.

I bet you are going to be amazed at these plants! They like a warm climate and a lot of sun. Their stems have a limey, citrusy almost sharp smell which almost makes you salivate :)

I hope my autozam can reassure you:
attachment.php
attachment.php

A bit of LST and she already became quite bushy
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpg
    IMG_5006.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5007.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5010.jpg
    IMG_5010.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 45

YukonKronic

Only one came up. I chipped shell on the 4 that won’t crack... one succumbed under the pressure of surgery but other three are soaking.
As if to mock me EVERY other seed I started at same time and since has come up or is just below surface and about to emerge...

Every now and then I get a batch that just won’t do it for me. I don’t even think it’s the seeds.... I finally got pissed off enough and built a dedicated germination cabinet with heat mat and lights to add more radiant heating. My best guess is that some seeds need warmer more consistent temperatures than my cold ass house can provide.

I had been placing them on TV receiver because a thermometer on that reads 30C all day long but the soil often still felt cooler. Now I’ve got a space with styrofoam to add thermal mass and lights to provide radiant heat to soil surface just like sunshine.
So bottom of pot get maintained at about 30C but there’s added radiant heat to soil surface bringing top 1/4 inch up to about 35 at most and usually 33ish. I can move tray to lower level after emerging so there’s less chance of cooking roots as they develop.

I find it odd that some seeds need such high heat to come out but then cook once they emerge. Must have to do with the coolness of deeper soils and the heat associated with microbes and sunshine.

Anyway I hope I get some plants to post here! If the one survivor dies or none of three ungerminated seeds pop I might have to just hang around and wish till next year!

YukonKronic

For the record I also feel that 30 degree soil seems awfully hot...saw better success with higher temperatures than with the 18-20 C my house is usually at so that’s the direction I went.
I have to check moisture levels twice a day and carefully water drops at a time with a syringe. Too much water suffocates soil and at higher temperatures that causes rot immediately.
Again... they were just stalling at room temperatures.

YukonKronic

Did any come up???

I got one and I think it’s gonna survive at this point... chipped ungerminated seeds and one started forming a radical so I planted all three and am babysitting hoping for one more to come up.

I got 100% success with the Auto Malawi Freebies that came with and I also popped an Auto white widow x blueberry seed that was sitting around so I still get to have a greenhouse season at least :biggrin:

I’ll get a pic later today little thing came out with oddly furled leaves but appears to be growing now.

SolarLogos

I got one and I think it’s gonna survive at this point... chipped ungerminated seeds and one started forming a radical so I planted all three and am babysitting hoping for one more to come up.

I got 100% success with the Auto Malawi Freebies that came with and I also popped an Auto white widow x blueberry seed that was sitting around so I still get to have a greenhouse season at least :biggrin:

I’ll get a pic later today little thing came out with oddly furled leaves but appears to be growing now.
I increased my germination rate by soaking the seeds for 12 hours like normal, but the one's that float, I take out and scarify with some fine sandpaper, then put them back into the water until they sink. I'm only gently sanding the side of the seed along the seem until there is a tiny pinhole to let water in.

I'm considering scarifying every seed, then just planting them in soil and skip the 12 hour soak. I'll try it on the next batch.

Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts