What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pics I posted are sideways...wth?

bish0p

Anyone know why the pics are sideways...? The forum eomt allow me to edit my posts. Anyone know how to fix it?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8559054#post8559054

Americangrower

Veteran
I'm guessing it's from your phone. Before you upload pics edit them on your phone, simply crop a tiny bit off pic. This sets the pic format so that website can tell up from down.

Cvh

Supermod
:yeahthats

I do the same. Just snap a picture, hit the edit button on your phone, crop a tiny edge off and save it.
When you then upload the picture, It won't be sideways.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They need to fix this issue, its already a pain in the ass to upload images without needing to edit them all.

G

Open pictures with paint, click save.

In paint the pictures load the right way up. When you click save the pictures will save the right way up. As opposed to sideways, the way they were transferred from your device.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Images contain metadata, including rotation information. If you take a proper horizontal photograph, you know like the spread of human eyes, horizontal, you won't have any issues. The "fix" for this "problem" is to not take vertical pictures.

G

Images contain metadata, including rotation information. If you take a proper horizontal photograph, you know like the spread of human eyes, horizontal, you won't have any issues. The "fix" for this "problem" is to not take vertical pictures.
Howdy Agent. It doesnt matter the orientation of the picture, some turn out sideways regardless. Im not sure why and in my experience only happens when using a phone camera. Never happens when using a regular camera.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Howdy Agent. It doesnt matter the orientation of the picture, some turn out sideways regardless. Im not sure why and in my experience only happens when using a phone camera. Never happens when using a regular camera.
Then the phone is recording incorrect metadata for orientation, might be a rotation issue with the gravity sensor. And yeah if you can use a "real" camera, you will almost always get better results than a do everything device like a cell phone.

hayday

Veteran
Orientate the volume buttons down on an Iphone pos. For some reason this works ,buttons up inverts pics.