What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I managed to get the mold problem under control.
Thanks for your help guys !!

My plant is looking pretty good.

I checked my trichs and it looks like they are just starting to turn white.

Looks like it needs another few weeks.

PCBuds

What is "flowering time " supposed to mean ??

Does it mean you can turn it to flower schedule after 8 weeks or it takes 8 weeks to finish after you flip the lighting schedule or is the whole plant supposed to be from seed to harvest in 8 weeks ??

Boocoodinkydow

These touts are seldom accurate but I’ve always viewed it as 8 weeks after the flip. Probably to start counting after you see first signs of flower.

Great looking grow you’ve got going on. Congrats.

PCBuds

Thanks.

I've got two more outside that look to be female but they're just an experiment.
I expect them to get stolen before they're finished.

PCBuds

I decided get my next plant started before my current plant has finished.

I planted the sprout and put it under a single 5000k 10 Watt bulb.

The light is currently on all the time and I want to keep it in that pot for about a month.

Does anyone know if there is any problem with me leaving the light on and keeping it in that pot until my closet is ready ??

PCBuds

Gently bend branches down, a little at a time, LST....tie down so plant can grow horizontally or at an angle, not straight up like a beacon.

OK. I'll give that a try.

It should help to stabilize the plant better too when the wind picks up.

PCBuds

Gently bend branches down, a little at a time, LST....tie down so plant can grow horizontally or at an angle, not straight up like a beacon.

I went out and looked at my plants and I'm a bit concerned about tying them down.

They're really tall and skinny and move around a lot in the breeze.

I'm worried that if they're tied downn I might break branches off when the wind really blows. (a storm blew threw a couple of weeks ago and they bent right over)

The branches are kinda growing out on an angle though.

Mr. J

It would be a shame to do anything to them at this point other than give them solid support for the main trunk. They look beautiful in their natural state. They're gonna be monsters though and everyone will see them

PCBuds

It would be a shame to do anything to them at this point other than give them solid support for the main trunk. They look beautiful in their natural state. They're gonna be monsters though and everyone will see them

Hmmm...
Good points.

Maybe I'll wait until they're about 6-8' tall and top them then to stop vertical growth so they're not as visible ??

The weird and cool thing is that I can phone the cops to report stolen property if they get jacked !!?? lol

Welcome to Canada Eh!!

Mr. J

Hmmm...
Good points.

Maybe I'll wait until they're about 6-8' tall and top them then to stop vertical growth so they're not as visible ??
The thing is they're going to start flowering (hopefully) very soon and doing any major pruning will mess things up. Maybe gently bend them over and tie them down if you're actually worried about people seeing them, although I would imagine everyone already knows that they're there now anyway.
Tape up the area to be bent with some micropore tape so that it doesn't snap off and splinter. If you're gentle you'll be fine. Having said that , I would still leave them just as they are now.
Those plants look pretty sativa leaning, hopefully they can actually finish up before the snow comes.

Mr. J

Even if you top the main stem now one of the other branches will just take over and the plant will be nearly as tall as it was going to be anyway. It looks like that kind of plant.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You bend a little at a time, like 10-20 degrees SLOWLY ....every few days a little more downward. Use tent stakes and cotton twine. You have to "train" your plants....causes side buds to shoot upwards, increasing yield, keeping low profile.

Bending to 90 degrees right away.....bu-bye, stalk.

Topping this late.....I wouldn't, but just my opinion.

PCBuds

Bending to 90 degrees right away.....bu-bye, stalk.

Topping this late.....I wouldn't, but just my opinion.

When the wind blows the stalk bends about 45° even more.

I'm afraid if I've got the branches tied up they will get broken off.

I do like the "planters tape" (or twine) mentioned in that link you posted...
It's kinda stetchy but I think I might just leave the plant be.

What's your opinion on my newly planted sprout ??

Are lights on 24/7 for a month a really bad idea ??

One friend does it all the time, another say's "the plant needs to sleep"

It's not an auto flower so light timing is more critical.