What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese growers

G

I took 4 cuttings for sexing and put in the bubble cloner
under the 10(light on)/14(light off) cycle for 1 week.
They have not identified their sex clearly yet. I guess #C is female.
I will wait for a few days more.

it just seems so cool to imagine a grow op in Japan.......7 years for cultivation u got balls my man.stay safe and prosper......peace

G

> Hydro-4-Sho

Thanks for your message.
I do not want balls on my plants, though.
Probably I got marbles (smaller than balls) :biglaugh: I am a reckless guy.

Clones under 10/14 have not shown their sex yet.
I finally got Eye Sunlux 220w HPS and will proceed 4 Leda Unos and 3 KC-33s into flowering stage tomorrow
will yunk males out, then keep 2 or 3 females until harvest.

Last edited:
What's up JP-gro,

You need to have your flowering light cycle at 12/12 to induce flowering from a clone or seed, and to check if your plants are male or female from seed. Good luck!

--Herbsman_OS

G

>Herbsman_OS

Thanks, everything is alright.
I changed the light cycle 12/12 from today.

The problem was clone sexing, I put clones under 10 (light on) / 14 (light off) cycle for 2 weeks but they had not shown their sex. I can not wait anymore.

JP-gro said:
>Herbsman_OS

Thanks, everything is alright.
I changed the light cycle 12/12 from today.

The problem was clone sexing, I put clones under 10 (light on) / 14 (light off) cycle for 2 weeks but they had not shown their sex. I can not wait anymore.

Go 12/12 anytime you want to force your plant into the flowering stage. In addition, you'll be able to spot male flowers in the 12/12 cycle.

Glad to hear your plants are doin' well. Good luck!!

--Herbsman_OS

G

> Herbsman_OS

Thanks for your advise.
KC-33 Day 1 into flowering, day 27 after sprouted. I need to repot, I will do after they show sex. Now they are in LST.

I have pruned its top once and proceeded LST. It stays low.

Last edited:
G

Nice compact plant. Really looks like it needs transplanting. May take a week or more before you see any pre-flowers.

hort

G

Hello, horticus

Thanks for your message.
I want to repot now but I have no space. I got 7 plants waiting for identify their sex. Sexing is hassle for small space growers. I already have some rooted clones for each plant, I will keep female ones, then the next time I can do much better.
I can not wait for buds, I have not smoked for a few months.

G

I tried 3 method for cloning.

1. DIY aeroponic cloner
2. Bubble cloner
3. Cell Tray, Mix soil + perlite and rooting hormone

The fastest rooting method was 3. Cell Tray and mix soil + perlite, rooting hormone. I did not use humidity dome. I placed a tray under the cell tray to keep water (5mm depth) and sprayed tap water a few times in a day, that is all.

All the cuttings rooted within 1 week, under 12w CFL.
Turning yellow leaves are normal, that means the stem start rooting.

Their roots are thicker than bubble cloner ones.

2nd is bubble cloner. Almost 10 days. DIY aeroponic cloner is rubbish. I will not use this aero-shit cloner anymore.

I am surprised that the most basic and old fashioned method got the best result.
And this is also the cheapest method.
I bought plastic cell tray approx. $1 US and $4 US for rooting hormon.
Low price, easy and fast rooting, this is real Great. No DIY Aeroponic cloner, No bubble cloner anymore. Simple one is the best.

Last edited:
G

Mutant

Mutant

I got mutant. It has 3 branches on each node (should I say 3 stems?).
It is from Seed boutique freebie, Sam Skunk #1.

This is interesting, can I get x 1.5 harvest from this strain?
It is in mother plant chamber, I am not sure its sex yet. If it is male, I will cross with vigorous female and try to get some seeds.

G

Nice comparison between the different cloning methods jp. Simple is best :D

I had a 3 node plant a few years ago. I thought it would yield more but it actually yielded about the same as a normal plant. It was an indica pheno and yours looks more sativa so who knows, maybe you'll be lucky. I hope it turns out female!

hort

G

It has passed 2 wks after flowering stage (12/12 light cycle)
got only 1 female : 5 males : 1 not identified yet
I hate this shit. Only 1 female (KC33).
do not need 250w HPS for 1 female, will switch to 150w HPS, that is enough to grow 1 plant.

Last edited:
G

I went to check outside guerrilla growing 5 plants.
found 2 males and yanked them out but the other 3 are female.
I am going to tlansplant 2 females onto my grow box.

These are outside male plants. I will cook them.

Last edited:

rising sun

Hi JP-grow.
I started this thread some time ago and this is the first time I've been back to check it out.

Good on you Jp-grow for growing in Japan.

It is a small time grow but you are doing a great job.

You can flower at third node and you will still get some buds. Maybe 10-20 gram per plant under 250w light in a very small space. You need at least 70 wat per square foot (30cm x 30cm) and around 100w per square foot is better. As your space is so small you can flower small plants and still get some very nicebuds.

Think of it this way even with your small space and light you could get .5grams perwatt with sea of green easy. That would be 125grams every 8 weeks.

So you should flower those female clones together when they are small. Maybe only one more node. Grow some Bonsai style plants but you will get very nice buds.

I was sorry to see that you got so many male plants.

If the simple clone technique works go with that.

You wrote that you got some female seeds so next time you will not have that problem.

Here are some links for growers in Japan

www.hitechgarden.com

www.sodatu.com

Do you know these stores JP-grow? What do you think of them?

Where do you buy your lights from?

Rising Sun

You would need to use a safe address.

Last edited:
G

Hello, rising sun

Apologies hijacked your thread but thank you for your advises.

It is small space but flowering space is 42cm x 56 cm (1.4" x 1.86") : 2.64 sqft,
then it has 96w per sqft under 250w, I guess it has enough light energy.

I will try SOG method as your advise.
I have some more plants on mother plant chamber. Now I am cloning C-99 (from Female seeds), when they start rooting, I will move them into the flowering chamber.

As for the light equipment, I know sodatu.com
They say, sodatu.com hands their customers list to the police and narcos,
then Japanese cannabis growers usually do not buy from them.

I do not know hitechgarden.com, I will see their site.

Usually, Japanese growers buy light equipment from
http://www.akaricenter.com/
They sell cheaper prices than the other grow shop.

KC-33 flowering and have small buds.

Now I have 5 female plants.

Yesterday I found 1 x FMS C-99 (feminized) clone started rooting. I will veg for a week and bring it to the flowering chamber. Hope that will not turn to be male or hermy...

Last edited:
G

KC-33 which has not identified its sex one becomes female.

Now I got 6 females in flowering stage.

I made veg chamber, it is still small 25cm x 70cm space,
under 40w x 2 NEC biolux fluoro lights (overdriven from 20w x 2).

Mother plants (1 x FMS C-99, 2 x NRS White Rhino, 2 x Bubbleberry F2, 1 x SAM Skunk) and clones.

G

some flower pics

3 x KC-33 and BubbleBerry F2

BubbleBerry F2

KC-33

KC-33

Last edited:
G

Your plants are coming along nicely, JP. You'll have some bud to smoke for the holidays!

hort

G

Thanks for your comments horticus,
I hope I can get some buds to enjoy holidays,
have to wait for more 6 weeks to finish, I guess.
During the flowering period, there is nothing to do, quite boring. Just waiting.

I also need some more grow experiences to have good buds.

Anyway, since I have no buds to smoke now, I have to smoke chopped male and trimmed leaves.

Leaves are rubbish, yes I know. And tasts very harsh, then I attached small bubble stone on my water pipe.

This makes smaller bubbles when I smoke, it filters more through water and makes smoother and milder smoke.

Last edited: