What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where can I find True Breeding Northern Climate Varieties??

OnceUpon

everything is clones these days, the Stains of the past seem harder and harder to find

what seed banks offer Northern Climate varieties suitable for 50*
and are any of these offerings true breeding varieties

guerilla gold is at a few places
Erdpurt is tempting
Nepal Grizzly from koot mtn seed co
Mighty Mite is around too (who's got the good one?)

more???
any ideas be great!

C

Columbo

Dutch Passion do a lot of hardy outdoor strains for specifically bred for colder Northern European climates. Also maybe try Erdpurt. I know Ace seeds have one but I believe a few others may have too.

OnceUpon

thanks for the suggestions

i have been exploring these sites mentioned

HFH has good reviews, i find the descriptions and genetic makeups confusing. which of the HFH lines are stabilized or relatively true breeding

looking at some other danish seedbanks, hard to find reviews!.. anyone tried "derg corra collective" ???

thank you

OnceUpon

HFH has good reviews, i find the descriptions and genetic makeups confusing. which of the HFH lines are stabilized or relatively true breeding

looking at some other danish seedbanks, hard to find reviews!.. anyone tried "derg corra collective" ???

thank you

grandsrin

Hi ,i m ar 49 north
hfh is good i like hash plant 2
In a pot and sprout late peyote purple and bangi haze are ready octobre the 10 .

This year i try Richard William trainwreck , it s true breed strain . Ready early october.

His back to the Congo ( and his other strains are breed at 49 north outdoor )

His Deep Congo is a real legend !!!!

By GS

OnceUpon

peyote pruple = bubba katsu decendant if im not mistaken, and i did hear someone else say it worked for them

Bangi has been on the list

will check richard williams

thank your for the specific suggestions, research to be done!

grandsrin

Hi
I Forgot
The best one
Ciskei from tropical seed company is fast and mold proof ready 15 october when start in mai.
Very Nice strain

By GS

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

thank you

G `day OU

Derg Corra is legit .

High Rise Seeds and Bald Monkey seeds also breed for high latitudes .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

OnceUpon

loving the suggestions

Richard williams has a lot of Deep Chunk in the mix.... heard that one is mold prone..opinions?

anyone one know which of those HybridFromHell lines are 'true breeding".. erdpurt, royal dane..a anything else?

thanks for the clarification about derg Corra

neongreen

Veteran
loving the suggestions

Richard williams has a lot of Deep Chunk in the mix.... heard that one is mold prone..opinions?

anyone one know which of those HybridFromHell lines are 'true breeding".. erdpurt, royal dane..a anything else?

thanks for the clarification about derg Corra

I've heard mixed reports about how well DC copes at more northerly latitudes, but enough good that I'm planning to give it a try next season here @52N. In general, I've had good luck with strains that are not typically thought of as being mid-high latitude outdoor strains, so I think it's worth experimenting and not looking at too many of the rules out there as being "set in stone".

We sometimes get quite wet/cloudy summers where we are, but I've been very happy with the Derg Corra strains I've tried so far. If you search my posts/albums you'll find plenty of references to them, but in particular I'm a big fan of the Viking and the old Blue Hemp strains (bred in Switzerland for outdoor) which DCC have reproduced.

There is no shortage of good outdoor strains for mid-latitude growers if you look hard enough, but the choice does somewhat narrow down the further north you are and if you need a strain that will finish before October. If you've found the DCC, then IMHO you have access to possibly the best selection of early strains for northern growers, especially if you include the other vendors that can be found alongside DCC in the shop.

Mind you, since I found the DCC (and related forum) 4 years ago I haven't had any incentive to look any further for outdoor strains, but I'm sure there must be other good places to look.

This year I have 3 DCC strains on the go - Leb 27 (first time), Maroc Inspiration (4th year in a row), and Nepali (second year in a row), plus a couple of later photos and the odd auto here n there.

:tiphat:

highsteppa

Veteran
This year I have 3 DCC strains on the go - Leb 27 (first time), Maroc Inspiration (4th year in a row), and Nepali (second year in a row), plus a couple of later photos and the odd auto here n there. :tiphat:

Nice, hope the leb 27 does well for ya. I have some that are getting long in the tooth and id be curous to hear how they turn out.

neongreen

Veteran
Nice, hope the leb 27 does well for ya. I have some that are getting long in the tooth and id be curous to hear how they turn out.

Out of 5 seeds soaked I lost one and ended up with 3 males + 1 female, but I'm trying to germ a couple more right now. Hopefully I'll get at least one more female.

Will endeavor to update somewhere here on IC, but I don't want to make any firm promises as I have a grow log on another site, and last time I tried to keep two forums updated it didn't work out.

:tiphat:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I love Sensi's genetics. Ben Dronkers is a good friend and an original in the game, goes way back to the days with Neville in Afghanistan.

Thankfully, being Dutch, he is committed to providing quality beans over time...just like tulip bulbs. :)

Happy growing!