What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First outdoor grow

Alucinaciones

This past summer I attempted my first outdoor grow up here in Atlantic Canada I used bag beans from some nice herb(I selected the best looking beans and discarded the rest) 8 of them popped on May 2 I put em in cups and used just regular potting soil and a 4 foot fluorescent light ran them until June 1st(I let them get cup bound and probably lost a weeks growing time) I put them outside they had nice big indica leaves had great vigor and overall they grew uniform without much phenotypic variance except 2 seemed to be lagging behind the rest with growth speed and then a brutal rain storm hit us and both lagging plants as well as 2 more were completely ruined when I went out in the morning so I cleaned the other plants leaves off dumped the water that was in the pots out and replenished any soil that had been literally blasted out of the pots so this left me with 4 plants that made it until the little pollen sacks became visible on all my remaining plants...bummer!! Also on a funny side note I gave a close friend of mine 4 of those beans which he promptly cracked and got going outside the first night they were out they got attacked by rabid beasts known only as RABBITS!! Rabbits chewed those little plants to death poor things so that was my first year with the great herb but onward an upward I suppose and for sure next year I'll come prepared with better beans better soil better exposure to light which should all add up collectively to a darn nice harvest!! And in the words of the great Brown Dirt Warrior...Me I just want to grow my weed

flameninja

That's how it goes sometimes,most OD growers didn't do great the 1st time round but that's what makes us more determined the second time round and what separates the men from the boys :)
I'm sure you will do much better next season
:respect:

sticky367

There a lot of great OD threads, look and see what kind of problems people encounter so you can be reasonable prepared and recognize issues before they get out of hand. That way you will not have to learn the hard way on everything, saving time, money, etc. Good growing n smoking to ya bother!

brock1

We all have bad plots it's the unexpected that makes GG so much fun. Some plants don't flower at all for me so planting for mushy leaf has happened more than once for me. I would recommend you ditch your pots and just prepare the ground before you plant anything next year. Cages for them rabbits and don't forget to protect against slugs. I wouldn't grow bag seeds spending a little on good outdoor strains won't brake the bank and be the difference between getting some nice weed at the end or getting nothing for your efforts. Most of all don't give up no matter what I have seen plants eaten by rabbit to a inch from the ground and recover fine and give some nice buds. I look forward to see how you do next year outdoor and welcome to the show.

Virgin420Grower

First outdoor grow

Recently i have been buying 20 bags almost every day.. i been thinking about growing marijuana but i live with my mother so thats prolly not a good idea i thought. But i discovered many strains are ready to crop in even November outdoors. i read that for stronger roots and stems people like to germinate their seeds in a cup with good soil and under led cfl or hps lights i think hps lol. I plan on buying a 4 seed pack of hybrid indoor outdoor strians with yields of 500-800 grams SOG.

I been scoping out my back yard woods as well as my neighbors who just moved. I found a great spot which is open direct sunlight lots of small trees and 3 foot plants already there that could diguise my marijuana plants.i thought hey why dont i got o a online forum which i have been searching on and post my own thread !

now my concerns are i am not an experienced grower i have never done this before i came here for tips and advice on how to get big buds and atleast 2oz per plant. Sunlight is a big must fresh air and humidity.

Here is a picture of the place i would like to start my future growing experience.

Granger2

Veteran
Search for Coyote Urine crystals or Bobcat. lite sprinkling a few times a season keeps rabbit, deer, etc. away. It scares them away and they stay away.

Sex them indoors before planting outdoors. Males are a huge waste for OD growers. Good luck. -granger

amanda88

This past summer I attempted my first outdoor grow up here in Atlantic Canada I used bag beans from some nice herb(I selected the best looking beans and discarded the rest) 8 of them popped on May 2 I put em in cups and used just regular potting soil and a 4 foot fluorescent light ran them until June 1st(I let them get cup bound and probably lost a weeks growing time) I put them outside they had nice big indica leaves had great vigor and overall they grew uniform without much phenotypic variance except 2 seemed to be lagging behind the rest with growth speed and then a brutal rain storm hit us and both lagging plants as well as 2 more were completely ruined when I went out in the morning so I cleaned the other plants leaves off dumped the water that was in the pots out and replenished any soil that had been literally blasted out of the pots so this left me with 4 plants that made it until the little pollen sacks became visible on all my remaining plants...bummer!! Also on a funny side note I gave a close friend of mine 4 of those beans which he promptly cracked and got going outside the first night they were out they got attacked by rabid beasts known only as RABBITS!! Rabbits chewed those little plants to death poor things so that was my first year with the great herb but onward an upward I suppose and for sure next year I'll come prepared with better beans better soil better exposure to light which should all add up collectively to a darn nice harvest!! And in the words of the great Brown Dirt Warrior...Me I just want to grow my weed

A truly invigorating experience, but I would urge caution on using bag seed for your first grow...as you don't really know what to experience or if any fault found, was it as a result of your inexperience or just shoddy seeds? ...buy a selection from you local seedbank, and have it well planned out...also some chicken wire around the plants sounds a good idea ...good luck