What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Between Sun and Moon HPS/LED comparison grow.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I'll try and clean this up for whoever doesn't like clicking on pictures like me:

Sugar Shack

HPS:
picture.php

LED
picture.php

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

Sour Diesel:

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

HPS:
picture.php

LED:
picture.php

hazydays

A few of those side by side pics.

I've got tons more, but am very tired so I'll post up the rest tomorrow.
The plants in front closest to the divider are the Sour Diesels.

MediScrogs

hazy, hope you're getting over the food poisoning now, thanks again for updating the grow while you've been ill.

The plants sure look healthy. Say, are those like 2 gallon size pots? I see you are using coco and perlite. Do you use 50/50? I have heard that coco is tricky for some because of salts. It sounds like you limit the amount of soution to the pots but add solution daily. Is there any runoff or is it needed in this system? Occasional flush? Makes me wanna try coco sometime, you're making it look so easy.

hazydays

Day 17 Mar4

Day 17 Mar4

Took these pics on 3-4. This post is all Chem 4. HPS first, then LED. Sorry for so many pics.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
You can see that the hps c4 sits on the floor. Its label has a 2-7 flip date. because that was my original plan. Needed more veg though. And yes MS, that is a two gallon pot of coco/perlite. About 50/50. I water to runoff with nutes every day.
The LED c4 which follows, is on some blocks, maybe 3" up. That's an old label, its label is on the other side.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

hazydays

This is just a look at the space at the top and bottom and how the divider is attached. It comes all the way to the door when it's closed, which is anytime I'm not watering or taking pics. Also a pic of the GAK. It's under the LED. It went in late, and is not an official contestant. Actually, it's a 45 day girl and will finish before the rest.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great hazy! Nice job. Up to this point it looks as if the 205w is holding it's own against
the hps. You noticing anything diff betwenn the two sides? From the pics it looks as if
both sides were being grown under the same light. :) I remember you mentioning that the
led side needed less water. Just curious if your noticing any other differences. ns

Last edited:

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
hazy
is it just me or is the hps side stacking a lil better?
the led side looks great nonetheless

hey hazy, I'd be interested to know your opinion on the differences as well. From where I am standing, they look very, very similar in growth and development.

Either way, they both look great! Even if the LED simply keeps up with the HPS, that's A LOT less energy used / heat produced, especially if one was to take it a little larger scale.

Well done sir!

peace,
sg

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking real nice on both sides so far hazy, good job mate.
Peace an Respect

apollonio

I'll try and clean this up for whoever doesn't like clicking on pictures like me:

i prefer to click the small images, since all the big pics are a PITA to load sometimes and take a big space on the browser window...

anyway,

nice plants hazy, you have some serious skills! i see some great buds in the near future!

keep it green!

:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts