What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you want very high quality honey oil

mandi paige

-Strain of your choice grown to perfectly mature
-do slow dry, when stems snap you do a 7 day water cure in distilled water
-dry bud again, do a butane run with stainless steal tube and vector/king ect..

after you purge it, whip it and heat it again until it's pretty much the best shit youve ever smoked :rasta:
just a thought :)

mandi paige

the water cure would get rid of many toxins/tars and chlorophyll, there for making the oil a much purer product , from what i could imagine
also the whipping at the end always seems to make great results.
as for drying before doing the water cure, idunno if thatd much matter but it was just a thought :)

M

medical_shed

Butane doesn't extract "toxins/tars and chlorophyll" (or extracts much less) which is why many prefer it to ISO. Would make a good experiment for ISO though to see what difference it make. Take some pics and show us?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Why not slow dry, slow cure and say six months later use it? That should get rid of some chlorophyll.

I've made very pure iso before (relative term) Where it would only flake and was very light in tan appearance but would liquefy with hand heat. I thought it looked great but when I smoked it it gave me such a hard bite on the throat I know and expect from ISO. As much as I like oil hash is the way to go for me, not easier but less toxins, another one is make sure you flush really well in order to get out as many salts as you can.

gordonliu

water cure only.

no need for slow dry.

slow dry/extended cure is only neccessary for making the bud smoke better.

if you are trying to extract the THC, all you care about is removing impurities, not ensuring that the overall process results in a high quality smoke.

the smoke could be terrible, so long as the bud is brown from the water cure (devoid of green chlorophyll) and totally dry when you extract it.

also water cure works best with fresh bud... 7 days for extraction, 3-4 days for smoke.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Water cure will wash away terpenes, sure it will get rid of impurities but so will a proper flush, proper dry and a nice long cure. There is a reason why tradition hash producing countries dry their plants then wait until winter to seive them, aside from the fact that it's easier to sift when it's cold out, although this is for dry sift. IMO the watercure is a valid technique, but I prefer flavour which I find watercure takes away.

gordonliu

Limeygreen said:
Water cure will wash away terpenes, sure it will get rid of impurities but so will a proper flush, proper dry and a nice long cure. There is a reason why tradition hash producing countries dry their plants then wait until winter to seive them, aside from the fact that it's easier to sift when it's cold out, although this is for dry sift. IMO the watercure is a valid technique, but I prefer flavour which I find watercure takes away.

absolutely not.

regular curing does remove ANY impurities.

it only allows for the removal of trace moisture, volatile compounds, and CO2 (from THCA).

water curing removes impurities like Ca, Mg, Na, phosphates, nitrates, carbohydrates, etc.

absolutely NONE of those compounds are removed by regular curing.

and NO, flushing will never remove all of them.

the way you know the water cure works is when you look at the water after the first day. shit is green/brown and smells rank.

I just did an experiment.

the water cured bud is about 30% lighter than the regular dried and cured bud.

this is a huge increase.

15% THC ----> 20% THC, 25% THC ---->~33% THC.

it is a HUGE increase.

yes. it removes the smell and flavor. unless you are vaporizing, this is not a big deal. smoking is a terrible way to appreciate the smell and flavor of weed anyway.