What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
exodus from leeds ? i could've sworn it was luton
Doh! LOL! yeah it is Hazy I must have been bloody stoned the other day,I just got back from Leeds on sat and must've had it on the brain! It is good to be correct especially when correcting people isn't it..... :redface: :laughing: :redface:

lovelightpower

Veteran
it's amazing the phenotypes found back in the day in the sensi seed lines.
cheese was obviously one of them. i was speaking to my friend from exodus, and he said matey boy bought the skunk1 seeds, started growing them, then kept 1 AT RANDOM for cuttings.
well exodus must have had a shit load of good karma coming back to them for all the good work they achieved. i know they changed my life totally.
maybe the cheese was part of the karma. i think for what exodus went through, they must of been thankful for having the cheese to chill with.
also praising jah as much as those guys did, probably drew good weed to them like a magnet.
they were the only crew in the uk that were sayin "we grow, we show(even on tv), we dont give a fuck". i suppose that is people power for you.
love and respect to the exodus/leviticus collective always.
1 love

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
englishrick said:
where in the list do they go?
I'd put Purple Pinapple in my top 3 as it was reeeaallyy vigorous as well as tasty and strong,but isn't available unless Ican find a pheno in a few seeds of diff crosses I have or anyone else in South LDN still hoards it(I'd give my soul for it if anyones holding back).
The other 'Pineapple' should be right there as well from the many reports I've heard,its avery popular strain(again not just tasty but extremely vigorous as well,it gets huuuge buds).
The 'Cream' I have tried in Salisbury was deffo worth a top ten,delicious smoke but I never owned the cut.
The Grapefruit Kush is really distictive yellow grapefruit in smell and taste but is maybe only 7 or 8 in potency but loved by all the musician/DJ people I know for inspiration without couchlok.Some call it 'GrooveKush' over Westside. I'd top 15 it but will share if it needs some tests,as I have a mum still(and a few crosses).
The Purple Afghan deserves a top 15 on colour alone plus its original Afghanistan via UK,do you know of another UK Afghan IBL cos I don't,thats gotta be special. Props to the man.
But my No1 would be Lemon and Lime from Brockley(Broccoli) and I hope to get that cut again next month,If its the same as I used to grow it would blast its way into the chart on Lime stench alone(makes Lemonskunk seem barely Citrus),and the Indica but up-buzz and the pretty girl 'hardbody' buds would clinch it IMHO.
To be honest though I must have tried at least 80 strains from UK that were better than what I get in Dam,and I don't think I could decide on the numbers,Where are all the Old boyz hiding,who remembers 'Lemon Thai' from circa '88 to '92(at m25 raves we were first smoking it,was supposed to be from Surrey area,SuperSativa cross,very cerebreal).
Anyway well done for taking the lead Rick! JBo :jump:
P.S.Theres another late 90's UK cut called 'PerfectPlant' that I am getting back soon as well(inshallah) since you reminded me with this thread. It is just a really easy growing big fat one cola 'Chronic' Killer that I beleive is Powerplant x NL5xChronic and is absolutely knockout potent and commercial as well,that would be deffo top 10 and is proven in grows of ALL sizes. :joint:

lovelightpower

Veteran
anybody know when the cannabis march is on in london, or anywhere in the country really.
i've had some really cool times at the cannabis marches. good place to find positive counter culture pro-active people, groups and bands.
be a good place to sample uk weed.
couldn't really get a straight answer when i googled it.
hope i haven't missed it.
is there any other tokers events going down in the uk anyone knows about please post them?
smokey bears picnic?

G

it's amazing the phenotypes found back in the day in the sensi seed lines.
cheese was obviously one of them. i was speaking to my friend from exodus, and he said matey boy bought the skunk1 seeds, started growing them, then kept 1 AT RANDOM for cuttings.

There are two schools of thought on this one, some oldtimers say that Cheese is representative of the quality of the Skunk #1 line back then, that there would be other phenos of the same quality in a pack of Skunk from back then. The others say that Cheese is just a really lucky find, a one-off sport pheno that is a 1 in a very big number chance. I'm not sure myself, not having grown Skunk #1 of that vintage.

is there any other tokers events going down in the uk anyone knows about please post them?
smokey bears picnic?

I want to organise a smoker's campout this year, been looking into remote, private campsites, basically, there are loads of spots, just need to block book a campsite or find someone with a piece of private land willing to let us camp on it.

To be honest though I must have tried at least 80 strains from UK that were better than what I get in Dam,and I don't think I could decide on the numbers,Where are all the Old boyz hiding,who remembers 'Lemon Thai' from circa '88 to '92(at m25 raves we were first smoking it,was supposed to be from Surrey area,SuperSativa cross,very cerebreal).

Lemon Thai eh? I was in W Yorks in the 90s and I remember we got a lot of Thai, usually lemon tasting, might have been the same stuff, I thought it was imported.

Thai lives on in the UK tho, here's my keeper female from seeds Elevator Man plucked from those lovely Thai sticks that turn up from time to time in the UK. I'm about to cross this plant to my Purple Afghan male, should be interesting.

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

G

Another clone only that I found from seed and have passed on to a few folks around the UK, and I know at least one guy has passed her onto a few friends, so hopefully should become more popular and widespread soon. It's the 'El Yucateca' Mexican I grew from seeds I smuggled back from Cancun in 2005. 14 weeks, enormous yield, very potent, speedy, racing clear high, quite unique effects and spearmint/menthol taste, I fucking love this plant, it's probably my favourite. 'Mexican Marching Weed' is probably the most appropriate name for this bugger, super speedy high, you have to get up and do something, no vegging on the couch with this one!

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if we are puting rezs finest selected in the uk

then my selected sssdhaze is definately deserving a place in the list of rezs finest in ther uk

and its no longer available seedwise

clone only

spreading like a wildfire

chizzleonetime

yeah rick was deffo morrocan skunk that i got , i first heard about it time ago and thought the guy was chattin shit my self until couple weeks ago and someone totally unrelated give me some and let me tell you its serious potents

Last edited:
G

crazy

crazy

crazy elites :laughing: ,someone just told me there paying 200 an oz for cheese in brum ,,,

they also mentioned a strain called lemonade ,,anyone heard of it ?

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheese is 200 an oz in brum, wolves and most places round that area ,and thats if the dealer dont keep it all to himself lol .people are being real tight with prices of cheese

off topic
hey lovelightpower i cant beleive u have received some of my seeds :respect:"jackie Psd"
as far as germination is concerned ,there 100%.even one off the floor i found germed
ive got 3 on the go for this round , im hoping for stella results, hope the s.d aint screwed it up too bad lol

edit - did u request them or was it by luck ?
:joint:
mat rg

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Lemon Thai eh? I was in W Yorks in the 90s and I remember we got a lot of Thai, usually lemon tasting, might have been the same stuff, I thought it was imported.

You may be right It probably was an Import GP but our source was surrey for it.Although it was deffo up north as well as I smoked it in Coventry and Manchester(same gear) as well.Was the one you guys smoked nearly total Sensi,lijke maybe 10/15 seeds in an oz,and brownish but still frosty?
The reason it could be a UK clone is that I know of at least one person who was growing it in a supplemented Greenhouse(12 foot monsters,diamond branching),and one indoor grower who never quite got it dialled in back then. Just assumed someone else somewhere in UK may have got those cuts at some point.It never stopped flowering properly when grown indoors and was a stretchy fucker even from clone.But was still quicker than expected from a Thai strain.
Also last 3 batches we got from diff source was greener,fresher and much less compressed than the previous lots,with less but more mature seeds(too fresh to be from Thailand) and was packed in black bagged bars not clear bag K's like b4. so could've been from the bagseed originally then bashed out here for a year or two.Lots of people were growing weed in the Orbital zone back then.
Ask spiral Tribe,Tonka and all the other free party crews what they were growin and smokin while Luton had da Cheese (NoName, MudSkunk, Skelter,Hawaiian Lites,M25(m39 f2) and heaps more).
The first Hydro UK bud I ever smoked was from Brummie and was a Northen Lights 5 in '88 to '90, the next was a RedBeard from SouthCroydon(Skunk#1 or crossed with rooibart SA) they wre both knockouts in my murky memory!
Still lovin that El Yucatan by the way totally crazy calyxes!10 out of 10 for Originality, you are a shining star for the UK mate,I can't express how impressed I am with what you do with your modest set up(you realy are an Inspiration for G.B.[PM me GP if you need a Small lights,vent or system controller.we may be able to knock u something up gratis in next few months as we have a lot of bits hanging around in storage at the mo due to a couple of shutdowns!]
Keep up the good work. :rasta:

lovelightpower

Veteran
hey m@rg i luckily requested them. i saw your post about the strain, so i had to ask.
i gave seedbay a load of freebies just recently so i think they were being nice.
the cross has got to be a winner with strains involved.
thankyou again, i'm well chuffed.

Ganja Pasha WTF is that!
your el Yucateca is literally a beast. would love to grow some weed at some point that has a definite UP effect. does it also help clear thinking and memory.
maybe thats a bit too much to ask for.
the thai is also something i have never seen the likes of.
nice strains man!

G

Londinium said:
Ganja Pasha said:
Ask spiral Tribe,Tonka and all the other free party crews what they were growin and smokin while Luton had da Cheese (NoName, MudSkunk, Skelter,Hawaiian Lites,M25(m39 f2) and heaps more).
The first Hydro UK bud I ever smoked was from Brummie and was a Northen Lights 5 in '88 to '90, :

hawaiin lights sure brings back the memories ,,man that was some strong smelly very resinous shit and the clone was well hoarded and still is , sensi hawaiin indica x sensi nothern lights so i believe ,,the same man also has a superb northern lights and it tastes of vanilla ,again very resinous and strong ,old strains that are easily as good as todays new hybrids :headbange

Ganja baba

Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
hawaiin lights sure brings back the memories ,,man that was some strong smelly very resinous shit and the clone was well hoarded and still is , sensi hawaiin indica x sensi nothern lights so i believe ,,the same man also has a superb northern lights and it tastes of vanilla ,again very resinous and strong ,old strains that are easily as good as todays new hybrids :headbange

hey hazy matey , what about my pineapple , uk finest skunk , i know you only got to see the kalishnapple and thought it to be a c99 of some sort ... but you know the responce she gets ... 12 years old now ...

Tokermon

Elevator Man said:
I think that some of the 'blues' and related clones like the livers and the one I have might be Northern Lights X Big Bud - not the Nirvana version, but a much earlier, home-made cross from the early '90s. I grew the Nirvana version and it was very similar physically (almost identical) to my Mystery Strain, though in taste and smell it differed slightly - it was much more similar to the livers cut which I've never grown, but smoked plenty of.

Jason King referred to Big Bud smelling like a dank cellar, or dungeon, and there is some of that in many of these cuts, but that's possibly because most if it is grown in a dank cellar and then kept in plastic bags until sold...:)

I've been informed the 'blues' is an old skunk just like cheese not northern lights but who knows?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Everything i produce is born and bred in the UK,and i've just aquired a UK exodus cheese cut so i'll see what all the hub bub has been about.If it is that good you'll be seeing a few cheesy hybrid's by the end of the year.

H

Hazeseeker

Awesome thread, alot of great info on the cuts from around here (uk), the only ones i'd heard of before was Cheese and Psychosis (remember seeing a pic of Psychosis in Soft Secrets a while back)
The 200 for an Oz of Cheese in Brum, Wolves e.t.c was the same price up here when it was breifly available around xmas, it must of sold quick cause by the time me and a mate got round to phoning the guy to try it out it was all gone :badday: , it's probably the no.1 strain at present i wanna grow real bad

Has anyone got any pics of NL#5xHaze from the 90's Sensi Seed stock?, definately 1 of my favourite strains, i've got another pack for my next grow but heard the earlier seedstock was supposed to be better?

Peace
Hazeseeker :joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts