What's new

BHO vs. Bubble

Oilmeister

Looking for a general concensus if that's possible. The bubble hash I made from exactly the same sugar trim as the BHO seems harsher to smoke, not quite as intense and not quite as sweet tasting. I've heard other people say this too. Why does water extracted hash seem harsher than budder. Does this have something to do with the waxy coating of the trichome? Is that being left behind with BHO? I'd like to hear some educated opinions. Hypothesis anyone?

D

Delta Force

Good...........refined bubble hash can taste better IMO than BHO. I hopped on the BHO train for a bit and its good stuff..................but for ease of handling, smoking, etc......I like bubble. Full melt or damn close...............damn close is good enuff for me.

BHO is some potent stuff!!!!

Oilmeister

That's some clean looking bubble and BHO. Congrats! I've made a lot more BHO that bubble hash. Perhaps my technique is not as dialed in for bubble.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I'll probably get flamed but i've made my fair share of bubble, dry sieve, and oil and my oil seems smoother and sweeter than all of the above also. I'll listen to some other opinions before I give my theory on the matter

bubbleman

Veteran
No surprise on my answer. i prefer some FMCD hash anyday.
I mean, hey if you can get your hash to melt into a liquid using dry sift screens or water technique's, then bravo.

bubbleman

Veteran
Very hard to say why the oil is sweeter and the bubble is harsher, depends on your drying technique's and wether or not the strain contained more water soluble terpenes then alcohol. A good way to save taste in bubble that is being made with strains that contain higher quantities of water soluble terpenes and terpenoids,is to dry sift the material lightly first, and add a 10 % to 15% dry sift to the final bubble product,.
Also bubble gets smoother and smoother as you let it age. I find the harshest is fresh bubble with water still present, where as the same bubble will be a much lighter hit taken a few weeks down the road, and my smoothest bubble right now is a few years old. Still a very potent hit, the smoke it self is much smoother than it was in its first few months of being made.

just my two cents.

Bubble man

Bubble man

Last edited:
T

Truthman

Some phenols are probably boiled off when you heat up the bho leaving behind some sugars in the resin whereas bubble will still have most of it present but if left in the water for long a good amount will go into the water and that is why some taste is lost this way.

Just a guess.

Last edited:

bubbleman

Veteran
My bad fullmelt bob, Just the terpenes i suppose are water soluble. I wish i could check my book hashish, cause i was certain that there were type of terpenoids that were also water soluble, but can't find anything online.
anyway, fmcd in the bowl..........

Bubble man

Greens

You know I really find it hard to choose on over the other. I find that, overall, BHO budder is usually more potent. However, the very very very best bubble is super potent as well, so it's hard to say.

Harsher? Again, it's hard to say. Good, clean BHO budder does seem to be a little less harsh. I'm not sure why that is.

As for taste, well that goes to neither of them. The best taste comes from full-melt dry sieved kif. Nothing can touch the taste of the kif from my full melt kif made from outdoor Guerilla Gold buds.

Now, if someone gave me the choice between getting a piece of the finest full-melt bubble or some of the finest BHO budder, I'd probably go for the bubblehash. The finest bubble seems like a real treat, while the BHO budder seems just a little "dirty" to me. Don't get me wrong, I do love BHO budder too, but it just doesn't seem as special as a perfect piece of bubblehash.

Greens

Last edited:
G

guest3854

Bubbleman , got that shit DOWN ! Wondering what variety you used for tha 4th pic down from tha top ? Lovely.......

Steele

bubbleman said:
My bad fullmelt bob, Just the terpenes i suppose are water soluble. I wish i could check my book hashish, cause i was certain that there were type of terpenoids that were also water soluble, but can't find anything online.
anyway, fmcd in the bowl..........

Bubble man

fuckin clarke is the man. glad to know others use it as a refernece tool also. nothing better.

D

Delta Force

steel savage said:
Bubbleman , got that shit DOWN ! Wondering what variety you used for tha 4th pic down from tha top ? Lovely.......

Steele
true dat..........thats the pic that had me drooling.

Fire

bubble tastes great! bho hits hard ......love them both, but lately i prefer bho > bubble IMO

Titanium Vaping that is :smile:

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey guys that was some of the bc HASHPLANT, AKA CHAMPAGNE BUBBLE.
Some of the best in my stash for certain> always melts thru the screen, no matter how old it gets. A full flavoured, and certainly a full potency hit. Its definitly the hash to have, when you get that guy who seemingly can hit forever. This one always stops em....

this photo is from vancouvers second LEGENDS OF HASH DINNER> we had 60 grams of almost a 12 varieties of bubble. The party was on. People lined up to the buffet with paper plate in hand. every table in the gallery had multiple head piece's and roor bongs, as well as about 500 stainless steel screens on each table, lighters and matches depending on your preference. We puffed for a solid 5 hours and man only the memories can tell the story....

194legendsparty_jpg.JPG

Peace
Bubble man

gordonliu

BHO.

that being said, I love full melt. I value it way more highly than BHO. that is because BHO is super easy to make, and is therefore common. Full melt (which is the only hash comparable in any way to BHO) requires lots of material to make, and a great deal of experience. it is therefore like a fine wine.

my reasoning

on average or always:
BHO...
yields are higher.
way easier to make.
way quicker to make.
requires less material.
end product better than water separation.
much easier to DIY the tools (turkey baster+coffee filter+pyrex dish+cigar store tane)

of course water separation has its upsides

scales better.
can maintain organic if bud was grown organically (note however: butane=organic, water=inorganic,lol)
requires no flammable solvents.
you can, if you have multi-bags, separate your kief based on particle size, allowing for some degree of differentiation, which might float your boat...