What's new

how do you make your oil

Mr.Kade

Don't know much about oil, I've only made it once.

i soaked some trim in 99% Isopropyl alcohol (it has to be 99%)
in a mason jar for about 12 hours. Then strained the trim with a stocking/pantyhose (No not a used one, lol) and let the liquid drip into a steel bowl. I placed the steel bowl on a hot plate( OUTDOORS!).
Kept the hot plate on the lowest temp until all the liquid evaporated.
Than scooped the remaining oil out of the bowl.

It wasn't bad but i still wish i would've made brownies or cookies,lol

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr kade..it only needs a 20 a 30 sec rinse in the ISO....and a stocking won't do here it lets toooo much impurities tru coz of the strechting material ....use a double coffee filter...and then you have to evap the rest...if you try it like this you'll change your mind in no time...!!

edit...ohw yea..i use every methode there is..exept sieve....depends on the taste i want...

Bubble at the moment
12847DSCF5001.JPG

Last edited:
depends on the taste i want

that's all it is...I have noticed that the BHO is the only method that I use to get the taste out of the nug and into the oil...so if you have some nice tasty nuggets and you want that flavor into the oil, i'd rec butane...

99% iso works but imo doesn't get the as good of a taste out of the bud, same thing with the bubble bags, it takes the kiff and leaves the smelly...alchy sometimes will pull out the nasties if you let it soak too long

butane evaps so nice and clean and when you purge it right you have nothing left to trip about, I put the plates in the freezer after the run, lets the resin turn crystal then I just scrap it up with a blade, it's easier to work with when its frozen, looks cool when it melts down too...

kiff boxes are nice too, but they tend to get an not so pure product if you run the shake over the screen to long..plus you need to be careful because sharp stems will rip right through a nylon screen...metal grinders have a metal screen that does the job better if you have some kiff'y stems for some reason...

:joint: :headbange

Last edited:

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I like iho for trim and popcorn buds, can just pack a jar full wash it and then toss it. I think it is almost equal in potency to the bho.

I agree bho is tastier and is the tits when using good bud and good tane. I suppose if I had a bigger tube it would be great for trim and popcorn also.

ps. am I the only one who uses the term 'iho' ?

Don Dump said:
I like iho for trim and popcorn buds, can just pack a jar full wash it and then toss it. I think it is almost equal in potency to the bho.

I agree bho is tastier and is the tits when using good bud and good tane. I suppose if I had a bigger tube it would be great for trim and popcorn also.

ps. am I the only one who uses the term 'iho' ?

iho?????

U

ureapwhatusow

Cannabis ALchemy bt D.gold is the best book on th esubject

you can convert cannabinoids into THC if you knwo the correct process

rotate the THC molecule its 10x more potent when eaten

learn to make THC acetate

google the book a preview is availble online

I have seen his work posted page for page in other forums but the book is must have

gordonliu

haha. every time i read that (book) I laugh. first of all, you cant isomerize any of these other cannabinoids to THC. sorry. doesnt work. you are 1 methyl group short. no matter what bonds rearrange, you will never get a new methyl group.

secondly, refluxing THC in alcohol with acid, even in catalytic acid, will completely change the molecule.

not only will you not change anything else into THC, but you will also change THC into another molecule that will have different affects.

THE ONLY ONE OF THESE HIPPY CHEMISTRY EXPERIMENTS THAT HAS ANY POSSIBLE UPSIDE IS ACETYLATION OF THC.

acetylation is the same process that is performed to convert morphine into heroine. acetylated natural products are more non-polar, and travel through blood-brain barrier more efficiently (IE: they go into the brain before most of the molecules are metabolized by the body)

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

While I dont have an extensive chemisty background I can tell you that i have made preperations according to his directions and they were far more powerfull than any butane or alcohol tinctures i have experienced

I remeber he reference other studies (including colonial studies where they used pressue as a catalyst) and I beleive they had similar findings

I used very low low quality weed and got oil that took 45 miuntes to even start to take effect and the high was insane, kany people told me it was TOO powerful, and that it was unlike anything they ever experienced

He stated that the low grade herb has degraded THC that is converted back to THC, so maybe this is part of what was experienced

Once again however I cannot claim any acuracy to his explaination of the scientific process but having done it the product is undenyable more powerfull when refluxed and isomerized

I could swear he discussed other scientific studies that yielded similar results

but I have no real learned chemsity backgreound so I can only tell you what I have experienced

Oilmeister

Cannabis Alchemy of limited value

Cannabis Alchemy of limited value

I've read cannabis alchemy by D. Gold cover to cover a couple times. The information is dated, (this was written in the 70's). I also believe it lacks empirical evidence. There are a few valid nuggets of information there however you must separate the wheat from the chaff. Many of the experiments can't be reproduced by the average joe so the book has very limited value. You would do better to read some posts by some of the reputable contributers here if you want some practical advice. Check out some posts by Smike, Hashmasta kut, gordonlui, cheifsmokingbud to name a few offhand. They are all reputable and wise and are all very generous with their experience.

Good Luck

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
i did the denatured alcohol method that kilacalibud started a thread about. i had hell trying to find something to use for the butane (everything that was available to me i read was jsut not good to use).

i ended up cutting the bottom off of a glass water bottle and ill try a butane wash next time, and also grind the trim up to a flour like consistency.

but for the most part, the denatured alcohol allowed me to use stuff i had on hand, right then and there so it worked best, and the high was extraordinary!!! just gotta make sure you gather it up while its hot, but other than that. . . best damned thing i have ever processed!!

U

ureapwhatusow

Oilmeister said:
I've read cannabis alchemy by D. Gold cover to cover a couple times. The information is dated, (this was written in the 70's). I also believe it lacks empirical evidence. There are a few valid nuggets of information there however you must separate the wheat from the chaff. Many of the experiments can't be reproduced by the average joe so the book has very limited value. You would do better to read some posts by some of the reputable contributers here if you want some practical advice. Check out some posts by Smike, Hashmasta kut, gordonlui, cheifsmokingbud to name a few offhand. They are all reputable and wise and are all very generous with their experience.

Good Luck

Much Thanks .. I joined in a effort to update my knowledge

I am absolutely secretive about my lifestlye, always have been, and the one downside is that there no influx of new information no complimetary perspective no improvement through critique

It still blow my mind when I go somewhere where the paradigm is changed and what I need to do in absolute secretcy is done openly without apprehension

Mr.Kade

Core said:
Mr kade..it only needs a 20 a 30 sec rinse in the ISO....and a stocking won't do here it lets toooo much impurities tru coz of the strechting material ....use a double coffee filter...and then you have to evap the rest...if you try it like this you'll change your mind in no time...!

Thanks man. I dont know 2 much about oil.
So, doubble coffie filters ay.? Just 2 paper disposible filters??
I'll have to try that. Thanks again. :joint: