What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud rot?

ramse

Is it a beginning of mold?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

al70

Veteran
i don't think that's budrot, are those pieces in the last pics just breaking off easily with your fingers ? open the cola up, there will be a whitish mold in close to the stem if it's budrot, hope it's not, its a real bastard when it takes hold, goodluck.

Last edited:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
It does look like a mold caused death of tissue to me, I've seen similar happen outside and in the greenhouse. It doesn't have to come with full on budrot but it is a sign that conditions weren't or aren't exactly ideal.. Bud looks good tho :yummy:.. :2cents:

maimunji

Botrytis usually start from stem of the bud. From pics its looks like only flowers suffering from issues but nugs isn't very dance which is good in this case. Maybe its botritys but can be other fungus also. Scope nugs is only way to know.
picture.php

Microscopic view of some fungi isolated in this study (A: Fusarium oxysporum (x100); B: Alternaria alternate (x100); C: Rhizopus stolonifer (x40); D: Penicillium expansum (x100); E: Botrytis cinerea (x100); F: Aspergillus niger (x100))

Ps. Under weak scope 50x i see botritys like black dots or something.

ramse

no inside there is no whitish mold

a couple of days ago I found on another branch also a brown leaf, pulling it has come off easily. However today I checked the inside of the bud and I did not find any sign of mold...

picture.php

from what I've seen, it starts by turning the color on purple, then turning brown

picture.php

ramse

the Interior of the bud I checked it well and there is nothing abnormal

there are only some single flowers -bracts that show a tan-colored other brown... then dissecting the bud I found a single brown and wrinkled flower that fell alone

sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

ramse

I sincerely hope that the thing does not progress... I would cut it right away... but they are really too immature
I bought a product Aptus Fungone, which should protect and cure mold and botrytis. But reading the label I discovered that it contains colloidal silver and I went a bit 'in paranoia... I opened in this section a trhead to get information on the product in question

ramse

Botrytis usually start from stem of the bud. From pics its looks like only flowers suffering from issues but nugs isn't very dance which is good in this case. Maybe its botritys but can be other fungus also. Scope nugs is only way to know.
View Image
Microscopic view of some fungi isolated in this study (A: Fusarium oxysporum (x100); B: Alternaria alternate (x100); C: Rhizopus stolonifer (x40); D: Penicillium expansum (x100); E: Botrytis cinerea (x100); F: Aspergillus niger (x100))

Ps. Under weak scope 50x i see botritys like black dots or something.

a 60x - 120x pocket microscope would do the job?

ramse

Yes, it would seem the same thing

I found a picture taken exactly 7 days ago... and one of today (this is the branch that I broke and that is portrayed in the other photos posted)

picture.php

picture.php

ramse

Yes that certainly is botrytis.

it would seem so

the only strange thing is that inside the bud is healthy...

moreover, in the next few days there will be bad weather :mad: between a maximum of 10 days I was planning to harvest... if this perturbation with cold and rain were not coming, maybe I would have managed to make a decent harvest

SurfdOut

Veteran
That how it works, it starts on a calyx usually and then will spread further into the flower(seeded calyxs always get it first). Spray Serenade on any places you expect bud rot, kinda stinky stuff but that is one of the few things that will stop bud rot in its tracks. Certain cultivars just don't handle outdoors at all. We here in Hawaii have to use proven genetics or use a greenhouse with a commercial dehuey.

ramse

I just bought a product called Aptus Fungone, containing hydrogen peroxide and colloidal silver

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I might be careful spraying your plants with anything with colloidal silver unless you wanted to resex them and get some female seeds.

al70

Veteran
yes, check with the scope, close to the stems, the mold will look like white hairs, i don't know much about that product you're using but i do know that some guys use colloidal silver to force a plant to produce seeds, goodluck.

ramse

yes, check with the scope, close to the stems, the mold will look like white hairs

strangely there is no sign of white mold... the branch with the bud in question I broke it, so I had the opportunity to check carefully sectioning it. In the first page of the trhead I posted the photos

I might be careful spraying your plants with anything with colloidal silver unless you wanted to resex them and get some female seeds.
08-30-2018 03:53 AM

i don't know much about that product you're using but i do know that some guys use colloidal silver to force a plant to produce seeds, goodluck

I also opened a discussion to ask about this aspect... I have the same doubts
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355767

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Is it a beginning of mold?
Short answer: yes.

Nothing to do except 1. harvest the infected buds and cut out the rotten parts. 2. lower humidity as much as you can - stop watering, try and lower the relative humidity if you're indoor, and ensuring the soil dries out completely.

When buds are very dense, I believe they actually attract moisture from the air, and the only way to get rid of excess moisture is to lead it through the branches and stem and into the soil; and for the leaves to evaporate moisture from the buds.

There is a balance between the buds' ability to attract moisture, and the leaves' ability to evaporate moisture.

Best to stop watering until the lower leaves start to wilt, then remove them. When the buds are mature, the soil should be dry.

Latest posts

Latest posts