What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question about the terpenes from drysift...

f2b

I'm a few weeks away from harvest. Would I get a better flavor from drysift if I dry>cure> then dry some more before sifting?

or...

Would the flavor be the same/less if I just dry the herb more than normal and skip curing...

Either way i'm going to try both and compare, but i'm wondering what other people think. Thanks!!

f2b

usually I sift trim and I put it in a room with a dehuey set to nonstop for at least 10-12 hours, if you can keep the temp down its better for flavor.

if It was bud Id cure it till I like the smell then do the same thing except maybe a little longer depending on the size of the nugs, then sift right away while they are crispy.

sometimes I will throw the trim/bud in the freezer if I dont have time right away to sift to save the flavor, if I leave it out in a cabinet the smell with slowly go away and leave me with that hay taste

So the hay flavor is still prevalent even if it's just the trichome heads? Hmm I would have thought that it would stay with the flower not the glands...Interesting.. Thanks!

Easy7

Veteran
Resin shouldn't have any green smell.

Properly dried and cured, it should be more workable and flavorful.

H

HaHaHashish

Would I get a better flavor from drysift if I dry>cure> then dry some more before sifting?

The short answer is no.

The best dry sifted resin flavor is from using starting material that has been grown, harvested, dried and stored under perfect conditions and with expert techiques.

Mauling buds during growth, roughly handling branches during harvest, aggressive manicuring and poor drying techniques will definitely reduce yield and to some extent the flavor. Drying the plant material under hot conditions, bright light, squashed together and or with poor air flow then the flavor and potency will suffer. Poor handling and the use of plastic bags destroys a 1000 times more resin that the all the authorities do.

Curing is good for bud because you want that 95% plant matter to be as less offensive as possible as you smoke it with the resin but most dry sifters here and all commercial hash makers do not cure the plant matter prior to sifting. The best dry sifted flavor is from the purest resin made from flavorsome buds that had been treated expertly from start to finish.

Happy Sifting!

Last edited: