What's new

Anyone else have a Fitbit?

WelderDan

Veteran
My daughter gave me a fitbit for Fathers day. Best day was 24,028 steps (11.17 miles). That was at work. Typical work day is usually about 5 miles.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Yes, I bought one about a month ago. I am 50yrs old and out of shape AF. I had to work up to friggin 10,000 steps about 5mi.
I also bought DDP Yoga, and a new scale that has an app for My phone.
This Fitbit has helped Me keep it REAL and hold Myself accountable for setting, and achieving goals.
That fucking scale really blew My mind. My fitness age was 63!!! I have lost 2 yrs in 3wks. I am still 11yrs older than MY real age.
I have dropped 15lbs in3.5wks, and another 15 will see Me under 300 for the 1st time in over 30years.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i dont use one because i ride a bike and i hear they are not as accurate when you are peddling, but i got one for my mom last year and did some major lookin into these things
/garmin, fitbit esp

the fitbit ones are the shit

i got mom the chargeHR and she loved it!
mind you, shes not a techi kind of gal, so ease of use was a major concern
/no probmlems there, set up was a breeze
she also checked the HR monitor wiht the one at her gym and said it was +/- 1b
/thats pretty good for a thinggy you ear on your wrist
we also had a problem with the back moulding around the HR monitor on teh back becoming loose
one call to fitbit and a new one was on its way!

i dont have one but i share your stoke!
fitbit is a good company that makes a good product

/walking 10,000 steps in a day is rad brother, way to go
/plus 15 lbs!!

@welder dan
over 24k!
wtf man, hiking the apalachin trail are we?

WelderDan

Veteran
Actually, I work for a commercial printer. So I run from the front of the press to the ink console to match the print to a proof. For 12 hours. And I'm up and down ladders when we change plates on the press.

I've got calves like cantaloupes!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like an interesting job!
/im a big fan of print and color management is no joke!

still enjoying the fitbit?

WelderDan

Veteran
Printing has way more science involved than I ever expected. I had no idea how a big roll of paper turned into an ad or newspaper. It's actually pretty amazing. And LOUD. Unbelievably loud.

Still digging the Fitbit. Logged over 10,000 steps and still had 3 hours of my shift left today. If I laid off the beer I'd loose weight!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Printing has way more science involved than I ever expected. I had no idea how a big roll of paper turned into an ad or newspaper. It's actually pretty amazing. And LOUD. Unbelievably loud.

Still digging the Fitbit. Logged over 10,000 steps and still had 3 hours of my shift left today. If I laid off the beer I'd loose weight!

tell me about it
im actually pretty happy wiht my weight loss this year
im riding my bicycle more and eatting better
im also not drinking fruit juices and soda

/just liquor and water for me!

Gry

Veteran
No fitbit but used to run multis. Used to feel like I was juggling more than running a press.

digging

Got one last Christmas but found while driving it would add steps. I wore it for about three months and was really into monitoring how much I walked.

It actually encouraged me to walk more and more each day and beat my previous day's number of steps ��

Latest posts

Latest posts