What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

QWISO

V

vhGhost

shmike i love doing qwiso ... its the only way i will do it :D although i agree that bho is also a great treat.

I see you are using the xxxtractor bags, glad to see someone else using them, ps. if you ever use half a pound of shake for making bubble slit it up to a quarter at a time, i had to do 8 rinses with a half pound. :D just a warning

G

You've done a good job Shmike.
Didn't you try a mix-up for getting some jellyhash ?
_ ° 0 _

G

:wave: Shmike,

And again you're showing us a great work.
The QWISO you made has a nice colour, which tells me you've used the proper technique to QWISO.

:chin:
I think I missed your post before last ... in answer : ... you're right, ah you even showed us the process of mixing (oil + kiff) . Do you (hand)press the mix at the end ? Do you cure the jellyhash ?
Greetzzz

_ ° 0 _

Last edited:
G

Great work there Shmike. Yet another victim await stoning:)
Have a high day
MOD

Legit_User

Try running that qwiso through a 73u/120u bubblebag.
I routinely get 20-28 grams to 1/4lb popcorn bud.
Full melty, amber to blonde color.
Ever take a good look at coffee filters after the wash?
Covered in small crystally residue.
I am not sure but I suspect that the ice cold ISO and frozen trim followed by a quick rinse does not fully melt the trichomes causing good pollen heads to be discarded by using a coffee filter.
Stay peacefull

deekan

great thread you got going here schmike, i made a batch of qwiso myself since i had the day off. i used about 9g of stem that i had saved up plus some random bits of somewhat crystally leaf...maybe 1-2g of that. i put the iso and jar full of stems into my freezer for like 20mins then shook the jar for about 35 seconds(i was high i cant remember the exact amount) then filtered out all the stems using cheese cloth into a glass. after that i filtered the blonde/light green mixture using a coffee filter which took a long ass time.

then i evaporated the iso double boiler style using a bowl full of boiled water from an electric kettle which i switched halfway through the process. i got some crazy oil patterns that formed, the plate looks like my face when i finished scraping the plate!

here is the end result:

It is sticky as a motha' even though ive added some kief to try and harden it up.

edit: after reading the thread completely i realize i should have used room temp or warm iso, my bad i wasnt expecting much from the shaken then grinded stems.

Last edited:
G

I just hadta take this very stoned pic of some isohash ontop of this glass dog.. dunno why

its black domina iso, and honestly, the last two times ive smoked some, ive thrown up just from the headrush and initial lung expansion.cough

9583pittyiso.jpg

im new to making hash, but this stuff is definately out there, it was all yellow/honeylike in texture/color before i wadded it up into a ball,

Legit_User

Nice pics my man.
I would like to add one thing.
With 91-99% ISO I use a seedling mat and a fan on high blowing right on the ISO.
Within 8 hours it is ready to scrape.
If it ever gets hard again I stick it back on the seedling mat and it becomes pliable again.
No flames and no worries of over heating.
Stay peacefull

G

thats a nice collection of micro collections for a days worth of smoke, but can you do this in bigger batches to make it worth while ???
Master Thai likes to have stash since like hashmaster-kut,
Master is a oil addict too himself,
almost all of Master's own is turn into oil these days.
The water purging thing is interesting never seen that in 25+ yrs making oil.
like to try but how and can it be done in a larger batch for oneself or for a medical club that one may belong too so others may enjoy too that dont have such talents as you or Master Thai
thanks shmike,
peace,
Master Thai ;-)

Last edited:

king_taco

i just tried this, and am waiting for all to iso to evap off.

but after reading this thread a couple times and making mine i thought.

could you just keep adding the filtered iso to the glass plate while purging so you dont end up with a little in the bottom?

just a question, and of course thankyou Shmike,
~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

king_taco

good stuff.

i thought at some point it would get to be to much. it was more to help answer Master Thai's question, but i was also wondering for myself. so for large batches you could do it that way and use a putty knife:chin: & clean up after yourself with a razor :cool:

-another question, can i use the same filtered iso and pour it over some fresh buds and filter it again, so i can get more product for every oz of liguid i purge off?

.....and guess what

Awwww look its my first ISO. go me :yes:

fun stuff, i allready have a jar in the fridge for a purge tommrow
thanks again Shmike

~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

king_taco

more pics you ask for and more you shal recieve

i really dont think i am in the position to make BHO right now, dont get me wrong i will someday.
at this point i am just happy i can smoke better weed for free than anyone around here can sell me for any price :canabis:

you know the drill
~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

Last edited:

king_taco

man i feel like a thread killer.

sorry there shmike....

as for the pics the golden one is appx200ml per 10-11grams at a time washed for 15-20 seconds

then

the greener one is another 200ish ml over the same 10-11 washed for 30-45

~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

dbuzz

Veteran
hey shmike, that gandolf pipe is really cool looking. how much did it go for? i've made like 5 batches of iso hash thanks to this thread!

bw420

Very nice Tutorial. I'll be making my first small batch soon. Is it ok for me to use the 91% iso i got at the drug store? i assume so. Will using regular coffe filters (not the cone shaped ones) work well?

Also, i love your pipes. I was checking out one of those gandolph pipes earlier today actually. Might have to get one those. :joint: If i may, do you acquire a lot of your pipes online? if so, i've been looking for something new, any sites you could recommend?

again, great info. I'll post pics when i do my first run. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts