What's new

Looking for some criticism on old/new coco grows...

TNewell753

Hey guys, been growing for almost exactly a year now and have taken some huge strides just from reading all the posts here on icmag as well as other forums and I thank you all for your opinions/suggestions. Little background on my grow... Been using coco from the start and run a perpetual grow(10 in veg,10 on day 1 flower,10 on day 29 flower every four weeks rotating)

Setup as of now is 2 T-5s for veg, 6 1K lights in flower, mini split AC, closed room.

This is where I want some feedback...for the past year Ive handwatered(drain to waste) with the following nute schedule...keep in mind $$$ wasnt a limiting factor in most decisions.

Veg nutes per gallon-
week 1
half strength week 2-4 rates
week 2-4
6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
1 ml roots XL
1 ml DM silica
5 ml nutra+ black humic acid

Bloom nutes per gallon
week 1
6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
2 ml DM silica
5 ml nutri+ black humic acid
2 ml nutir+ gold fulvic acid
4 ml bloom ultra
week 2
6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
2 ml DM silica
5 ml big swell
week 3
6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
2 ml DM silica
10 ml big swell
5 ml crystal burst
week 4
6 ml GH micro
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
2 ml DM silica
15 ml big swell
5 ml crystal burst
week 5
9 ml GH bloom
5 ml Calmag
2 ml DM silica
4 ml bloom pk boost
10 ml bloom ooze
5 ml crystal burst
week 6 & 7
9 ml GH bloom
2 ml DM silica
4 ml bloom final
10 ml bloom ooze
5 ml crystal burst

And thats what Ive came up with over the past year...and have yielded some incredible bud. My new changes include an automatic blumat watering system and simlifying my nutes in order to reduce costs as well as using ones compatible with the blumat system. My calculations for these mixes will be in ppm/EC due to it being powder form.

New plan..
veg nutes
week 1 500 ppm
veg + bloom powder
1 ml/g drip clean
week 2-4 700 ppm
veg + bloom powder
1 ml/g drip clean

bloom nutes
week 1-3 1000 ppm
veg + bloom powder
1 ml/g drip clean
week 4-6 700 ppm
veg + bloom powder
1 ml/g drip clean
week 7 slowly add water to drop ppms
week 8 straight water

So basically I went from spending $500+ a month on nutes that I handwatered to a cheap one part powder that will be watered automatically with blumats.

Would love some feedback as well as opinions as to what else I might want to add to my new one part powder that wont clog the blumats such as boosters/finishers.

Thanks!

P.S. can also keep everyone updated on how drastically these changes effect my final product

Wingnutt

Pretty much anything House & Garden makes is compatible with blumats, especially their aqua-flakes line, when used in conjunction with drip clean (which you are already using).

It is my understanding that with drip clean, you can use almost any inorganic nutrient. The drip clean keeps the salts from building up, and the lines free. Just don't overdue the ppm.

Anything organic tends to be too think/gummy to work for extended periods with blumats.

I had good luck with H&G products in the past and the base nutes aren't too expensive - around $80/gal where I live.

Good luck with your experiment. I'd like to see the results

Vegan

Pretty much anything House & Garden makes is compatible with blumats, especially their aqua-flakes line, when used in conjunction with drip clean (which you are already using).

It is my understanding that with drip clean, you can use almost any inorganic nutrient. The drip clean keeps the salts from building up, and the lines free. Just don't overdue the ppm.

Anything organic tends to be too think/gummy to work for extended periods with blumats.

I had good luck with H&G products in the past and the base nutes aren't too expensive - around $80/gal where I live.

Good luck with your experiment. I'd like to see the results

an excelent post !! but im guessing h and g is house and garden

and i am under the assumption that the line is too expensive compared to the products the OP listed, \

the recipe looks good but im not a big fan of that line myself

i would defintily do a test run on a few girls before i lit up a whole room

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your running the HR veg & bloom ... you really don't need anything else . even drip clean is not needed rives has been running it through his blumats for awhile now & 0 problems .
try running the V&B by itself for a couple rounds ... then decide if you need anything else .:biggrin: