What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco grow top fan leaves turning pale green

i know the date on the cam is wrong so don't ask.

Now these plants are 28 nights into flowering and they started showing sings of lighter green about a week ago after i upgraded my hoods to the verticle OG hoods. I have 4 1000 watt hps OG hood's.

The first ones to show were the plants under the centre of the hood.
so i swapped the centre plants with the outer plants. but now they are turning pale.

Im feeding maixgro and maxibloom with drip clean and pro-silica 1100 ppm PH too 5.8 oh and co2 is set to 1100 ppm as well.

Am i not feeding enough N?

When i was growing vert bare bulbs i could go as low as 800 ppm and have no problems. The hoods are 30" above the plant tops and with A/C and fans heat is not the problem.

please see pics.

Attachments

• 100_0161.jpg
    100_0161.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0162.jpg
    100_0162.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 16

StardustGardens

They are not responding to the new hoods very well it looks to me. I have the same problem with my fickle TripleKush. I never feed over 600ppm or 1.2 ec.
If it was working why did you try to fix it?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
sounds like they are over matabalizing because the closeness of the hoods. I know that i always have problems that are over matabalizing(underfed?) when the plants directly under the lights are to close... can you raise the hoods? or buy a light spreader to direct the light in different places...

StardustGardens

I agree veg time is a waste of time,electricity, and money.
Smart move.
I have something similar as to what you got going here in the pic.
I have 24 in 3gal pots.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 6
P

Puscifer

yes half grow and half bloom.

Imho, that's your problem right there. You really shouldn't mix the two. Gro is for veg, Bloom is for flower. However, the Bloom can also be used for veg since @7grams/gal (or a rounded tsp)is the Lucas ratio equivalent.
But for your current flowerer's I would drop the Gro from the mix and just use Maxibloom at the above stated ratio.
My :2cents:

no they were not drying out i was watering them every other day but im ganna water every day now and i have raised the hoods 6" higher and have lowered AC temps to 72F.

i also tested my PH pen and was dead-on 7.0 @ room temp. and upped nutes to 1200 ppm.

Star dust them sum nice looking girls you have what are they? i have 64 Mob Boss in 1.5 gallon pots.

shredGnar

No pests, right?

Could be the mystery deficiency... a.k.a root aphids , sure hope not as they are the devil

Wingnutt

I've had similar issues in some of my coco grows. Narrowed it down to Iron or Zinc def (they look so similar). I cleared it up by adding Hydroplex from Botanicare in small doses, once a week. Affected plants cleared up in about a week.

The Coco Cowboy

i know the date on the cam is wrong so don't ask.

Now these plants are 28 nights into flowering and they started showing sings of lighter green about a week ago after i upgraded my hoods to the verticle OG hoods. I have 4 1000 watt hps OG hood's.

The first ones to show were the plants under the centre of the hood.
so i swapped the centre plants with the outer plants. but now they are turning pale.

Im feeding maixgro and maxibloom with drip clean and pro-silica 1100 ppm PH too 5.8 oh and co2 is set to 1100 ppm as well.

Am i not feeding enough N?

When i was growing vert bare bulbs i could go as low as 800 ppm and have no problems. The hoods are 30" above the plant tops and with A/C and fans heat is not the problem.

please see pics.
Have you looked at adding Cal Mag? Coco uses Calcium at a higher rate so you have to use coco specific nutes or add Cal Mag. What Coco are you using? You want to make sure the coco is buffered with Calcium. I use Royal Gold Coco and House and Garden Coco A and B nutes and it works great!

Latest posts

Latest posts