What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best C99 Seeds/Breeder at the Boo?

skinzilla

Hi all, I'm looking to do a run of the much talked about C99, but as a newb I'm a bit lost. There's several breeders selling C99 on the Boo, and a wide variety of price, so how do I know which is best?
For example, there's Dutchgrown with a DTC99 F2, Gypsy Nirvana with a C99 F2, and Mosca Negra has a C99 F1 and C99 BX1.
I've read the smoke reports, but not all breeders are reviewed/reported on, so there's no definitive answer there either on the breeder to go with.
The Boo's always done me right, so please stick with breeders from them if possible. Thanks in advance for any help folks.

monkey5

Veteran
Bohempian, I do not think Joey's seeds are for sale any more? Not sure but looks like they are gone? monkey5

komrade komura

I tried Female Seeds...tinyest seeds I have ever seen. All germed, but several were runts and didn't make the cull. Out of 6 popped I am keeping 3.

In the 2nd week of veg. One looks excellent...the others are just runts trying to find their feet.

greenpinky

Moscas c99 bx1 was bad assfor me. I got my pineapple pheno I was looking for. Pluses mosca always on giving advise. Good luck yo

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I've grown out Mosca's C99 BX. It was awesome.

I'm currently growing out Mosca's C99 F1. So far, all signs are pointing to awesome.

I have a pack of GN C99 F2. I've been told by a number of people that their results were "meh" for the pricetag.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I would say DG's c99 or Mosca's c99. Since DG isn't on the boards anymore I would go with Mosca just in case you want advice from the breeder. IMO, Joey and Nirvana are the wrong way to go.

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm close to end of 4 weeks in flower for female seeds C99 hybrid. You can see photos and posts on my progress and issues with these. Right now 4 plants very similar, the 5th one is def their Haze leaning C99 hybrid. I will know much more after another month of flower, but the price of the beans were very reasonable.

Hamburglar

Mosca's C99 BX-1 was and still is shit-hot.

All 6 of the females that I got (from 1 pack) were stellar. I kept all 6 as mothers for a few months, as you can never have too many clones. But now I'm just keeping the "Dome" pineapple pheno.

Great yields, great smell and even better high.

Best results at 8 weeks!

TriTone

I had a buddy grow out Gypsie's C99.. it was awesome.. strong grapefruit scent during flower. very nice. It's a little pricey tho.. whatever it was.l

I haven't grown out Mosca, but it's much cheaper and I hear pretty good.

Female Seeds is supposed to be good too..

I don't think you can go wrong if you go with any of these guys..

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out a couple packs of the F2s from Gypsy Nirvana last year. The best plants from that grow were as good as or better than anything else I've had. I found several that were as good as the originals from Brothers Grimm I grew in 2001. I didn't keep clones from the originals, but I now have 2 Gypsy Nirvana mother plants that I plan on keeping pretty much forever. I got 9 females from the 2 packs, maybe 4 of which were absolute top quality. It was hard narrowing it down to just 2 long term keepers.

A friend gave me a Joey Weed C99 clone about 7 years ago, and that one was awesome too. I haven't tried Mosca's version yet, but I've read great things so far.

T

THE PABLOS

I'd vote for H3ads C99bx, but it might be pretty hard to locate these now....only got 14 left myself.

Yup....H3ad's was/is very good. It slipped by the masses. Pretty limited release. I miss that dude being around.