What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to deal w/ wealth Q?....and having to cut my damn dreads for it (in a way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKUY

Veteran
ok...here is the situation...this could get really long so i apologize in advance, but i really would like to hear some thought about this.

...and 1 million dollars is on the very, very, very, low end of the spectrum that i'm dealing with here. (i just threw it out as a large number)....i've been told that 1 million is not even close.

my parents are very wealthy CONSERVATIVE texas oil and gas ppl. they are part owners of the first natural gas company to build a mid-stream natural gas pipeline in the marcellus shale area (w.virgina, pensylvania)(company is in texas, and they commute weekly by private plane)

the company was put together from scratch like 2 years ago, and they are now set to sell the company this month for billions. (17 companies have made offers, 4 are being considered)

well i'm one of 5 kids that is about to rcv. a huge amount of money i guess in the form of a "trust fund" or something sim.....as my parents want to share this payday w/ family and charity)

i do not know anything about having lots of money like that....each of us 5 will have to travel individually to texas w/in a cpl months to meet w/ a "wealth mgt. team".

i don't know how trust funds work, i don't know anything but living paycheck to paycheck.

my dad who is the main person behind all this is very conservative as i've said, and is evaluating the 5 of us and making determinations as to how each individuals funds will be set up.

my sis just got out of rehab for drugs and alcohol...so her set-up is gonna be way different than mine, and she's gonna be monitored like crazy.

my parents HATE dreadlocks....so i'm gonna have to cut mine before i meet w/ my family this month at their house in beaver creek, as it will make a difference in what goes down.

....super fucked up that it's like that, but it really is..... and i've been told in no uncertain terms that me showing up w/ dreads is not gonna fly.

...but for my family and especially for my son's sake i'll play the game.

...once everything is ironed out tho....i'm not gonna cut or comb my hair ever again.

...sounds petty and stupid to most i'm sure, but i've had dreads literally half my life (im 39) ...3 dif. times...and wanted this to be my last....i guess ill have to start over again...errrrrrrrrrr!

any advice or thoughts about all that....also i'll clarify anything if needed.

...and please give me advice for how to deal w/ this on my end...like i said i don't have a clue here.

Last edited:
I wish they would do to the word "dreads" the same thing they do to some righteous growers and breeders.

*****s

It's for your own good

G

guest8905

best advice i can give you-

when in Rome, act like a Roman....just dont become one

schwilly

talk about falling ass backwards into money

now you can be a bona fide trustafarian

i'd take it though

congrats

H

Husky.Rex

Well I for one would get out of the US and head for somewhere like South America. You need to invest it in something that's got some kind of real backing like gold or silver as very soon paper money will not be worth anything because the world financial system is destined to collapse.

Now already there have been many Millionaires/Billionaires that have been buying up land in this part of the world because they already know what's on the horizon. I won't go into it too much but you are in a very good position to act early and get yourself prepared.

If you need any more info drop me a pm

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Congrats YUKON! I 1 day hope to be the wealthy person in my family :). All I can tell you is "play the game" so to say but also but yourself to a point. You clearly are old enough to make good decisions as i've been lead to believe through posts i've seen you make here. You seem like you got a pretty good grip on things so I tell you trust your instincts. Cut the hair for now and enjoy what few people get to. Maybe diversify some of your funds into small businesses that earn money for you. If you have any kids you can start working on their future also. Take care 1

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for the replies...it's gonna help me wade thru this no doubt!!! :wave:

....plus i'll get my backwoods home in alaska...but there will prolly be a stipulation to that too as my parents constantly fear me dropping out of society and running to the alaska bush....lol (legit fear tho)

I will say this. Bro your appearance does not define the person you are or what you stand for. It is just an image. Just an Image. Your dreads do not define you but more limit you as they automaticly put you in a box and people will label you a certain way. I let my actions, thoughts, and words define the person Iam. I think this would be a good lesson for your son. That its not about your image but being smart and playing the game.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
shit for a million dollars get a fucking haircut, clean up your act, dont go stoned...and get that money..

pretty fucking convenient i must say....i always wonder if some of the dreaded kids who wander height street pretending to be broke are really all trust fund babies who are set for life..

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
If your hair means that much to your family, they don't really know you or like you. I wouldn't take that blood money. I have had my dreads for 10 years, but my parents love me and would never stop me from being financially secure because of the way I look.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...sounds petty and stupid to most i'm sure, but i've had dreads literally half my life (im 39) ...3 dif. times...and wanted this to be my last....i guess ill have to start over again...errrrrrrrrrr!

oh bro! say it ain't so! does this mean we have to start all over again too???

hair grows back.

Get a cut. Keep mouth shut. Smile.

V

and don't forget to keep talking about their grandson Hunter. :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.