What's new

I am having a low PH problem in bcuzz coco..your help is wanted..thanks

GREEN TEAM 1

I use advanced full feeding (sch) and feed my plants at ph 5.8. my room set up is on point as far as temp and humidity i also use co2 at 1450ppm so just to make clear my set up is not the problem. I tryed a flush feed on my last feeding to get more run off water to try and wash out and correct my ph but it didnt work my ph is still between ph 5.2 and 5.6. should i try the feed flush again or try to flush with plain ro water. even though my ph is not correct my plants look health and are nice and green some almost look to be just a little and i mean just little to green and have that waxy look .

Buddler

Veteran
Too much N i never worry bout runoff ph just what goes in .What ppm is your runoff ? Once plants are up and running drop down to 2 ml per litre as coco stores alot of nutes and let the color of leaves turn a lighter green too much N will make stem soft and weak as well as slow down flower swellage after stretch IMHO Or flush with mild nutes and get ppm,s down which will eventually raise ph..... B

Lowman

measuring runoff is not a good indicator in coco. B'cuzz coco is easily the best I have ever used. I have even tested it in side by side test.

I would make sure the ph is correct going in....as long as the plants look healthy...don't try and fix what ain't broke. Cut back a bit on the nutes. Using full strength nutes in coco will very likely cause problems half way through flower as the coco cannot bind the food any more and it will start releasing the excess.

If you want to measure the ph of the coco....dig down into the root zone and pull out a chunk of coco. Put it in a cup with distilled water. Stir it around and let sit for about an hour. Now measure the slurry mix.....this will gic=ve you a true measure of the coco ph and EC.

Mufflon

Veteran
When i have a very low runoff Ph its time to flush because a salt buildup in the coco.

The BCuzz Coco is the best imo and the nutrients they have works pretty damn fine for me.

bignugs

A low ph runoff could mean the plant is not uptaking all the nutes and one should cut back on their ppm of nutes or, flush.
You could live with a ph of 5.6 and fluctuating the ph between 5.5-6.0 would be good...

Wingnutt

I have been using AN with BCuzz coco for a couple years, here is what I've learned. This may vary a little by strain, but generally works well for me.

Never ever use the recommended feeding amounts on the AN bottles - you will over fert in a week or two. For Sensi-grow, I use 3ml/gal when they are small and top off at 4ml/gal for the 2-3 weeks before switching to flower.
For flower I use Connoisseur and again start with 3ml/gal for the first 2 weeks, then slowly up to to a max of 4.5-5ml/gal (with heavier feeding strains) through week 6, and then slow it down again.

Your pH is so low because you are over-feeding.

I would also recommend not using RO water, or if you insist on using it, mixing no more than half RO and half Small Boy filtered water. Pure RO water is so empty it has trouble maintaining a proper pH. I am lucky enough to use well water and only filter it with a Small Boy. My plants have been much happier since getting rid of RO water.

I highly recommend using Drip Clean by H&G. It does wonders to prevent salt buildup in your coco.

I add CaMg+, approx 2ml/gal, all through veg and the first 4-5 weeks of flower.

I use the following products in flower: Bud Candy (or Botanicare Sweet to save $), Big Bud, Nirvana, Rhino Skin (of Botanicare Silica Blast to save $), Sensizyme, Liquid Carbo Load, and Overdrive. Again, follow the bottles' recommendations on when to use, just not as much as stated. A good rule is to use about half of what is recommended, but again I vary it by week, strain, and what the plants are telling me.

I have had better success with 3-5 gal containers than larger 10 gal containers. My best success is growing 4-5' plants in 3 gal containers and watering every day. I used to water "as-needed", but have much happier plants now that I water every day. This works better with the smaller containers. The only time I let the coco dry out a little is in veg to promote root growth. Once the roots have established themselves in the container, water daily.

I also highly recommend adding Great White and H&G Roots Excelerator.

With the use of Drip Clean, you only need a 5 day flush for perfectly clean buds. Any more and you will negatively affect the health of the plant. Get Drip Clean, you won't regret it.

I pH 5.8 in veg and 6.0 in flower, with 6.2 for the final week and flush. I never check my runoff pH and never have a problem with it.

Good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts