What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contest suggestion

All the contests require you have something (digital camera, so many posts, etc). And I can understand this and why.

But I think the breeders are forgetting what they once were: a beginner.

I suggest the Seinfeld Contest, a contest for those with nothing.

True, you are more likely to get less in return from the winners. But what you do get back could be extremely important for the future generations of beginners.

The prize would be seeds most likely to produce a quality grow for those with no/limited growing experience. Grow reports from these seeds would be a link that future beginners could be pointed to. Experts adding their insights to problems that may occur as the grow progresses would round out this "primer" grow thread(s).

I am ready to assist in any way I can.

IBG
ICMag Beginner Grower

G

ichbingeil said:
I suggest the Seinfeld Contest, a contest for those with nothing.

Not a bad idea. I think entries could have a blueprint for what the beginner grower plans on doing with the beans (s)he wins.