What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4ft AK47s - 1 month into flower - issues! HELP!

Ok everyone, we are 1 month into flower with 5, 4ft AK47 plants... We are using Ocean Forest with added EWC and Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower, 3.5 Gal buckets.

About the 2-3 week time we started to see yellowing in the mid of the plant (does not look like N problem), the leaves are yellowing and drying with small brown dead spots. I thought it to be a possible nute def. early on so we started with 1TBS of PBP Soil Bloom every other water and gradually stepped up to 2TBS every other watering... The problem doesn't seem to be getting bad fast, but very gradually... The last watering I pulled a run-off pH and the 5 plants all show to be between 6.6 and 6.8.

I can get pics if need be. The yield thus far looks like it will be very nice, but, I don't want to run into more of a problem later in flowering.

Any help is appreciated.

emilyC

as always, the best cure to any leaf issues are to flush excessively, wait a day, then water in a full strength 1000-1200ppm complete plant food. I've had this problem, usually you are running too many different fertilizers with weird PH effects.. maybe some nutrient lockout.

as always, the best cure to any leaf issues are to flush excessively, wait a day, then water in a full strength 1000-1200ppm complete plant food. I've had this problem, usually you are running too many different fertilizers with weird PH effects.. maybe some nutrient lockout.

I second this.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran

I totally disagree!
1. The OP is growing an Organic grow, flushing wouldn't do much
2. Almost everyone who recommends flushing follows up the flush with DILUTED nutes, not full strength

While flushing when leaf problems show up in a chemical nute grow is appropriate I don't agree that that is the first course of action in organic grows.

Without pictures it would be hard to diagnose your problems but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Cal/Mag issue.

Wingnutt

Sounds to me like a P deficiency. The only problem is finding out of it is because you don't have enough P, or because you have too much of another nute. My ladies usually need a PK booster late in bloom or I will see something similar to what you are describing.