What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Im having some issues with my crop!

So im growing in coco core and i have super silver starands because my other ones were not done veging for me to take clones, With that said imusing the right amout of nuits i think, but i have my plants in like 1 gallon buckets maby two but they are starting to fall over and i didnt no if it was because the plants were to big for the pots there about 4 1/2 feet tall and there is about 24 of them and im running 1200 watts.. so if anyone knows whats going on or has some insite on what could be the problem i would appreciate it... But this is what i thought might be the problem but before i go drop a bunch of money on bigger buckets and a new light i would like to here from the ic world if that was the right thing to do... also im using the coco A and coco B with drip clean and top booster but im not using the multi zen wich i think acts as a liquid karma which i was using when i was rocking floranova... So please let me know thanks for the good vibes

also the little ones i have in the 1 or 2 gallon buckets are doing fine but they are a diff strand but they are prob only 2 feet tall

Wingnutt

You definitely need larger pots if you are hand watering. With pots that small and plants 4'+, I would be watering 2-3 times/day.

They could be falling over from a deficiency, from lack of wind stressing, from stretching, or something else. More info is needed. Potassium deficiencies can result in tall, but weak plants. So can inadequate lighting...

Pictures would help

next time use more fans to pretty much directly blow across the plants...this will strengthen the stems...harden them off if u will.....also are you firmiliar with super cropping....pinching the stem until you hear it pop...it basically cracks the stem and then the plant heals it over in a few days and the result is a much much sturdier stem....so these are ideas for next run...but for this run....immediately get bamboo stakes and some garbage twist ties to support them up for the remander of this run...best of luck

also, i dont nessicarily agree with having to use bigger pots...if there 2 gal pots thats straight for a 4 foot tree....perfectly applicable with the baller medium that coco is....to fix the problem you would just need to water MULTIPLE times per day.....not sure if your plants r falling over from weight OR weak stems OR constant dry pots.....analyse this problem and we can help from there

Put us up some pics and we will be able to diagnose the problem much easier. Do you use silica? There is not any silica in coco and that could be your weak stalk problem. Pictures will tell us everything!

statusquo

Agreed that pictures would help with a diagnoses. Also more information (especially air circulation, temps, humidity, how much you water etc etc. basically the form in the infirmary section). That being said I agree with the others that if you are going to keep the same pot size you need to water more frequently - coco should be @ field capacity pretty much all the time. It is also notorious for carrying the disadvantage of needing frequent watering/a close eye kept on the medium; it tends to need re watering more frequently than soil. I would personally recommend transplanting as more medium means more forgiving circumstances and more root mass which means bigger plants and bigger yields.

Also, as inNvBoarder pointed out, an in opposition to wingnut, I think you should add silica (dyna grow protekt is great and is even better when used in conjunction with dyna grow raw neem oil) to your plants. There are a handful of effects including thickening of the stems and heat, pest and disease resistance. Also they have other nutrients - protekt is 0-0-3. I apply as a soil drench. I don't think the evidence is solid enough to say that wind is the sole or main factor in producing large stems. I am not saying it's not involved but I think its importance is over exaggerated. Also, wind is a stress on the plant. If blowing wind directly at plants didn't serve as a cooling method and humidity lowering method, it would be better to not have air blowing directly on the plants.

So im not used to the whole pinching the stem techniqe but for future refrence deff somthing that i would like to hear about ..It dose make sence about possibly being the circulation in the room because i recently just moved them in to a new and bigger room but the circulation wasnt where it should have been but i fixed that yesterday along with transfering them in to 3 gallon buckets with a coco medium by roots organic.. After i had transplanted them i hit them with a new batch of nuits with a little bit of call mag hoping that the calcium would possibly strengthin up my stems... Also it may have been because i was vegging under a 600 so I might have been streching them not sure ? Its a new strand for me because i lost most mine in my move from cali (Large sativa not really my type) But thank god for my new strands so this will be the only one of this spacific strand... Thank you all for the help and showing me some love.. I will deff try to get you a video or atleast some pics to help you further in your diagnosis*

ok so I took some pics today of the "super silver" but I don't no how to upload them I didn't take any of the blueberries or bubble gun those ones are coming soon though as soon as I figure out how to get the pics on here lol and they look a million times better than the supper silver