What's new

Having some problems with House and Garden A and B

Hey guys and girls, I am curently using house and garden A and B for coco with the house and garden drip clean.Also im using the grow stones, My ph is on and my ppms are at 1.2..But i am currently using my two 600s to veg because of my situation..the temp is fine in the room as well.. but im seeing alot of yellow through out the intire plants i also took a pic (but i dont no how to upload them) because of some patern that looks like burns but i forgot to say that i was folier feeding with sticky buds or somthing along that line the bottle is not in front of me.. But i would love to hear from everyone and let me know what i can do thank you all

anomolies

How big are your plants? Can you tell me what ppm / EC you get for 1 tsp of A & B in one gallon?

I added 1 tsp A/B for my plants which were at their 5th/6th node and they started looking a little pale compared to my CNS-17 fed plants. I think the suggested amount is a bit too low (whatever that is). Their charts are all over the place, which is pretty annoying, and their nutrient calculator suggests something different from their feeding schedule.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out as well. I upped it to 2 tsp per gal of A&B, and the plant seems to be looking greener now. 2 week old plant

I was thinking maybe I'll do 2:1 ratio of A to B... anyone tried this before?

Every forum I ask about H&G on I get no response, which is pretty annoying as well.

thanks for the reply.. my plants are still vegging there at there 5th or 6th node as well.. and i deff agree with the fact that there schedules are messed. Right now im using one tsp per gallon of both A and B and .4 ml of the HandG drip clean like i said my ppms are at 1.2 and my ph is fine but i dont understand where the yellow is coming from.. my room is tempature controlled and has a in and out so i dont think its a lack of nitrogen.. But i do think the fact that you want to go 2 ta 1 on the is a good idea or posibly just going 2 tsp per gall of both A and B there about five weeks old in veg..so i think that they might be able to handle it but do u think i should just go 2 ta 1 or two tsp of both per gallon?.............. Ps do u think that if i go back to flora grow and bloom it will mess with anything at this stage?

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
if you not usin RO water you should check your tap watter ec, then subtract that value to the strength of your nutes, because H&G hare made to use with RO water so they give you full nuts values that hare too high if not using RO water, so look out to overfeed, just a heads up, maybe not your case.

anomolies

if you not usin RO water you should check your tap watter ec, then subtract that value to the strength of your nutes, because H&G hare made to use with RO water so they give you full nuts values that hare too high if not using RO water, so look out to overfeed, just a heads up, maybe not your case.

RO = reverse osmosis (has close to 0 ppm)

well I'm using RO water and feed at 1tsp of A/B and still have the yellowing problem.

So I upped the dosage to 1.5 tsp of A/B and they're fine.
I'm thinking maybe there just isn't enough N. I'm used to a 3-1-2 ratio but H&G has a weird ratio.. It's like 3-1-4 or something if I recall correctly.

If you're not using RO water your PPM will be misleading.

Can you measure the ppm of your water source (without nutes)?

and then check the EC of 2 tsp of A&B per gallon?

O i see makes sense.. Im curenttly not using it and or know how thats all new to me but i am going to check the ecus out of just the water then with 1.5 tsp of both per gallon what do u think they should be at ?......... thanks everyone for showing the love

anomolies

I just know that at 1 tsp/gal of A&B my H&G plant was behind in growth and looked paler compared to my CNS-17 plant at 3 tsp/gal. Did a side by side comparison.

Yea check the EC of your water and EC of 1.5 tsp or 2 tsp per gal of A&B and get back to me.

I'm curious to know how many tsp/gal H&G you can feed without burning the plants.

Ok....so im sorry that its taken me so long to get back to all of you . so I really just got everything to where it should be with the coco a and coco b.. the problems that I had was just that I was following the 12 week aggressive schedule and its just really weak everything basicly just needs to be doubled thanx for the love everyone...... peace and love

cyat

Veteran
You can use it with ro or tap, look on the handg us website.Sounds like salt buildup.Do you get runoff when you water.I used a little less than the standard dose.I think the aggresive formula is too strong.Try flushing with 600ppm nutes,and get runoff.stop the foliar till resolved.The aggressive sched. is not weak!

I use Calmag with H and G nutes.....solved most of the problems...with bubbled tap water. If your coco is wet and cold you will see yellowing. Let them dry out slightly until the roots are ready to rock. Try not to foliar feed too much until you figure out whats what.

Wingnutt

If you are using H&G A+B nutes then do yourself a favor and spend the money on Roots Excelerator, (1.3-0-0.7). Also add some Cal-Mag, (2-0-0) from Botanicare. Your plants will appreciate it and the combo will give you the extra kick of nitrogen you are looking for. The bottle for Roots Ex. says only to use during flower, but I use it in veg as well with great results.

I have found it necessary to reduce the amount of A during flowering with H&G as plants will show a nitrogen toxicity. Depends on the strain.

I agree H + G's feeding chart is a bit off but not real bad. The veg is off more than the flower. I full strength with the a + B, multi, bud xl, drip clean, roots acc, some times a few more additives cal mag, diamond nectar, sweet, and a pk boost M.O.A.B (mother of all blooms). If your using the Algen or some other alge (maxi crop sea weed is just as good and alot cheaper) That has enough N in it with the a + b to keep all my ladies from showing the yellow N def. I love the House and garden line is turning out great result for myself and a couple of my friends. Its always a work in progress working with nutes. If you dnt like the way the plant are looking then just up the ppms a little at a time untill the plants start showing you what you want to see. The drip clean and roots accelerator are two of the greatest products on the market hand down!@!!!!!!!

If you are using H&G A+B nutes then do yourself a favor and spend the money on Roots Excelerator, (1.3-0-0.7). Also add some Cal-Mag, (2-0-0) from Botanicare. Your plants will appreciate it and the combo will give you the extra kick of nitrogen you are looking for. The bottle for Roots Ex. says only to use during flower, but I use it in veg as well with great results.

I have found it necessary to reduce the amount of A during flowering with H&G as plants will show a nitrogen toxicity. Depends on the strain.

I was never quite sure what was in bottle A and bottle B. They all have NPK but i am note sure which one would be Micro..i am assuming it is A.

Would you say that Roots Excel. on its own is better than trying the other, flowering extras like Shooting Powder etc.

I did try GH Cal Mag ( their fake organic line ) which has little to no nitrogen and with the H and G nutes they still showed some Calmag issues..so i switched back to standard Cal Mag with nitrogen...this could also be my water..

All in all H and G seems to give the plants what they need

Wingnutt

My bottle lists H&G Coco A + B as the following:
A: 3.9-0-3.3
B: 1.5-3.4-6.1

I found mixing equal parts A & B later in flower leads to N toxicity. I find myself doing a 1/3:A, 2/3:B mix a few weeks into flower when the demand for N subsides.

I don't know which has micro either. I would like some more detailed info on what is in each part.

My bottle lists H&G Coco A + B as the following:
A: 3.9-0-3.3
B: 1.5-3.4-6.1

I found mixing equal parts A & B later in flower leads to N toxicity. I find myself doing a 1/3:A, 2/3:B mix a few weeks into flower when the demand for N subsides.

I don't know which has micro either. I would like some more detailed info on what is in each part.

yeah..thats pretty much what I did

DevilWeed

I'm running H & G through a test cycle right now. This is good info to have. So far, so good...

Does anyone have info on the micro nutrient breakdown of the H&G line?

Peacefrog

Veteran
I am on my second grow with H&G in coco and have followed the feeding schedule I downloaded from their web site with great success. The OP was feeding 1 teaspoon (5 ml) per gallon which is the recommended dose for the first week of veg. I am sure the problems the OP was having were due to underfeeding. Once veg is established you should be giving them between 7 and 8 ml per gallon. It doesn't sound like a lot but it makes a difference.

I followed the schedule all the way through flowering with the only exception being not using the Shooting Powder and the only nitrogen toxicity issues I saw from three strains I was growing was on the Nirvana Northern Lights. However, that plant was slow to mature and started flowering a week after the other plants in the grow so I may have ramped up the nutes a little quick for it. It also was the victim of a Blumat accident in which I dislodged the Blumat while foliar feeding in the dark and came back at lights on to find that the Blumat had dumped several gallons of nutrient solution into the poor plant. I saw some clawing at the top of the plant after that and it was a deep green all the way through flowering but the clawing never got worse after that. The other two strains I grew out were AK48 and White Castle and they stayed green throughout flowering and then faded to yellow at the end of flowering just like you would expect.

So the point of my rambling here is to follow the recommended dosages on the H&G feeding charts and your plants will love you. I don't know how necessary the supplements are but they sure didn't hurt. I do highly recommend using Drip Clean as I never had to flush during the whole grow. Top Booster also makes sense for a PK boost halfway through flowering but it is also expensive, especially considering that it only gets used for one week of the grow cycle.

The H&G feeding charts can be downloaded from this page: http://www.house-garden.us/feedcharts/

G

Guywithoutajeep

Im mid flower right now at 8 mL/gal. They're about 5 ft right now and the tallest one is showing a tad bit of N def. I'm using KoolBloom Liquid for flower supplement, but I think I'll have to bump up the AB to 9 mL/gal and let that baby ride.

BTW I am getting fantastic results from the combination of KoolBloom Liquid, AB, and BudXL. Besides epsoms and Drip Clean you really don't need the other stuff.

Ugh on Top Booster and Shooting Powder. Totally not worth it in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest posts