What's new

Titanium Smoking Screens

T

Truthman

The holes look bigger on these than the .812 stainless steel screens so why are they better?.

FyahBlaZe

NICE!

NICE!

Yeah this is a good find cant wait to try one out.What size should i get for a standard roor bowl,anyone know?Also this same site sells a pretty cool bowl for concentrates with screen locks but i ordered some roor screennotched bowls from germany instead.

gordonliu

Truthman said:
The holes look bigger on these than the .812 stainless steel screens so why are they better?.

1) SS screens are NOT coated with a chemical. if you think they are then, unfortunately, you are a huge idiot. they maintain a very small layer of lubrication (from manufacturing) and dust.

use common sense: wash them before you use them. would you use a new pot or pan without washing it first? if you would, you are a huge idiot.

2) SS is used everywhere. food prep, surgery, pharmaceutical synthesis (almost always occurs in fucking huge SS reactors).

Titanim:

Bad:

huge fire hazard. powdered titanium is explosive. it burns just like magnesium, and can melt glass.

never use a torch with tanium

"how do you weld with titanium?"

you use an inert atmosphere, like argon. it requires special techniques due to the danger of oxidation.

"how is it used in jet engines?"

as an alloy, with a specially prepared oxide coating, or with a high heat polymer coating (like a silica coating).

Good:

non-toxic, strong, light, and high-specific heat. it "stores" heat well. heat it up, and it stays hot for a long time.

My opinion:

It is a gimmick.

chicalyx

gordonliu said:
Titanim:

Bad:

huge fire hazard. powdered titanium is explosive. it burns just like magnesium, and can melt glass.

never use a torch with t[it]anium

"how do you weld with titanium?"

you use an inert atmosphere, like argon. it requires special techniques due to the danger of oxidation.

Me and a couple thousand other people smoke extracts (specifically BHO) off pieces of Ti that are heated with a small torch to red hot over and over and over again. They last a few years depending on usage and I'm sure one has never ignited.

They sound good to me, but damn pricey.

chicalyx

ha yaya, I had it as hundreds first..figured it must have rolled into 4-digit territory by now.

Who knows? Now I wonder how many bho makers there are out there..

And I knew you were pioneer,, but first? As in first, thought of it first? Hot knives have been around for awhile, but Ti takes it to a new level. Big kudos...my lungs thank you.

If only someone made some type of device specifically intended for smoking bho with Ti pre-installed :wink:

chicalyx

Whip?? What is this the 19th century? Need to upgrade to a cattle prod or least a stun baton. Jeez, no wonder the wait.

scaramanga

What's the advantage of titanium over SS. Given SS extremely low reactivity, price, and wide availability what are titanium's advantages. Other than just anything in titanium is extremely cool.

Inquiring minds want to know.

scaramanga

dank.frank said:
ummm....PURE titanium...titanium is an aluminum alloy - a blend of metals - not sure you can say that it is PURE so to speak.

Not quite. Titanium (Ti) is an element. Essentially every part (atom) of pure Ti is identical to every other part (atom). Alloys can be separated into their individual constituents (elements).

Latest posts

Latest posts