What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBN dominant strains?

I met a very intelligent breeder guy last year in my home town. Sadly we lost contact. He claims he made a CBN dominant strain from in breeding White Widow and White Crystal over a period of 18 years. Never got a chance to try it, but talked to a few people that tried the oil he made from it.

Is it possible to create such a strain?
Are there any other strains like this that you know of?

Cvh

Supermod
I bet Sam The Skunkman might have bred one back in the day. He claims to have created so many single cannabinoid strains. But he never released the genetics to the general public.

Dutch Passion recently released a CBG dominant strain, but that's not where you are after.

Your former contact, did he have access to testing equipment or a lab? Because it's not possible to grow specific cannabinoid dominant strains without.

Jayded

Not sure why anyone would want CBN dominant cannabis.
It's effects are sleepy but leaves you so groggy when you wake up it's worse than being hungover from alcohol.
I also thought CBN only came from the breakdown of other cannabinoids so is probably nonsense and he just left weed go much too long and it ended up that way.

I bet Sam The Skunkman might have bred one back in the day. He claims to have created so many single cannabinoid strains. But he never released the genetics to the general public.

Dutch Passion recently released a CBG dominant strain, but that's not where you are after.

Your former contact, did he have access to testing equipment or a lab? Because it's not possible to grow specific cannabinoid dominant strains without.

He had access to testing equipment, but he claims he mostly used his body to test the effects. He suffered from a very rare disease and would grow out each generation and smoke different pheno's and based on what treated his disease best use that to further the line.

I saw a print out summary of the end results it tested at something like 13% CBN, I don't trust all lab results though.

J-Icky

Wouldn’t any high THC strain be able to be a high CBN strain if it was allowed to grow long enough and/or left out in a normal environment to oxidize during cure?

clearheaded

yes icky. thc degrades with heat light o2 to cbn. cbn is not created by the plant. it may create thc sooner and perhaps thin walled trichs or other physical chemical reasons it may degrade faster or earlier in flower.

cbn is certainly of interest and have had caps made by hornby high in it but never pure which would be very cool to try for sleep. stupify foggy type buzz like overripe herb can be.

It's effects are sleepy but leaves you so groggy when you wake up it's worse than being hungover from alcohol.
I also thought CBN only came from the breakdown of other cannabinoids so is probably nonsense and he just left weed go much too long and it ended up that way.

I was helping with a grow at the time. Every morning when I got there he was super groggy and took a few hours to actually be fully awake, so could be that he really had a high CBN strain.

JetLife175

Veteran
Any strain can be cbn rich if you grow it a specific way.

There’s nothing magical about a line that has cbn in it as THC degrades into CBN. All plants can be cbn rich. There are ways to make this happen, but for the most part just let it cure. That should do the trick.

Amynamous

I recently found an old stash that was accidentally stored in a storage container (in the SW US)for 9-10 years.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=370279

I bet it must be 99% CBN. I add a smidgen of it to my evening vape and an hour later it’s pure zzzzzz’s. I get less grogginess with the cbn than i would from Benadryl or other sleep meds recommended by my doctor. Everyone’s body is different though. It certainly works for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts