What's new

Rooibaard aka Swazi Red Reproduction run

I'm done a reproduction run of some Rooibaard seeds that I got from a collector over here in South Africa.
Here are some pics. Feel free to post some questions. I might take some time to answer but will try my best to answer all your questions.

I grew out about 30 and discarded the hermies, only the males were hermie prone weirdly. Kept a keeper male that I've got that I'm using and got 3 nice females I chose.

If you check on the strainhunter's forum, they actually thought this strain was extinct.

I went through a phase in high school where I moved and lost all my friends and weed contacts. While cycling around the new area trying to find a guerilla grow spot I found a ex-con who was a construction worker smoking some Rooibaard, and this is where I got the intro to Rooibaard strain. Really nice strain for people with ADHD, helps with studying in my opinion.

Enjoy my pictures :)

Female bellow:

Another female:

The male:

Different pic of the male:

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
:lurk: So great, please keep the line a life. Would be so awesome if you would share it one day with the community.

Thanks, I've shared some of the seeds (that didn't have a selection done on them) with a few people on my IG and on strainly.
Gonna try see if I can iron out the hermi trait and hopefully share the line the community.
Will try post some info as soon as I've cured and harvested.
Hopefully will be a ride down memory line.

Lolo94

I'm done a reproduction run of some Rooibaard seeds that I got from a collector over here in South Africa.
Here are some pics. Feel free to post some questions. I might take some time to answer but will try my best to answer all your questions.

I grew out about 30 and discarded the hermies, only the males were hermie prone weirdly. Kept a keeper male that I've got that I'm using and got 3 nice females I chose.

If you check on the strainhunter's forum, they actually thought this strain was extinct.

I went through a phase in high school where I moved and lost all my friends and weed contacts. While cycling around the new area trying to find a guerilla grow spot I found a ex-con who was a construction worker smoking some Rooibaard, and this is where I got the intro to Rooibaard strain. Really nice strain for people with ADHD, helps with studying in my opinion.

Enjoy my pictures :)

Female bellow:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83958&pictureid=2061877&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Another female:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83958&pictureid=2061875&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The male:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83958&pictureid=2061878&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Different pic of the male:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83958&pictureid=2061879&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I had the same issue with Hermie males when I first reproduced the Swazi I have outdoors. I attributed it to a change in environment, but maybe it was more than that. The Hermie traits came on very late after most male flowers opened. I don't remember there being any female herrnies. To this day, males are few and far between. Others on this forum have mentioned that the strain I have is Swazi Gold. Beats me. Maybe it's just a Swazi thing

Nice do you have pics of it?
I've grown Swazi Gold in the past. Would be keen to see some pics.

Rooibaard is called Swazi red but isn't actually from Swaziland, its from Transkei as far as I know.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi Africaseeds, good suite to you and your reproduction, your collector is from Transkei?
Rooibaard is called Swazi red but isn't actually from Swaziland, its from Transkei as far as I know.

According Afropips's source :

Swazi roolbaard from the top swazi breeder in nkomati region of Swaziland.
I'm about to F4 the Afropips line, starting in september...

F2 by me in 2011 then F3 by Purple Clouds (Zenhousegardens).
Cocacola terpenes fixed and become...

Lolo94

Nice do you have pics of it?
I've grown Swazi Gold in the past. Would be keen to see some pics.

I don't have any pics of the male to female hernie's. That was over 25 years ago when I first reproduced the swazi.. I haven't seen any since. Unfortunately, I didn't find a male either, this lastest go round. Pics are included in my grow log: Swazi (IBL Lower Puna)

Latest posts

Latest posts