What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have they ever figured out the chemical difference.,......

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
... between a psychedelic Sativa, and a full body, dick in the dirt Indica? If I took each and vaped off the terps, leaving most of the active compounds, would the effect be the same?

Enquiring minds need to know...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is what I suspect. How little we know about this gawd-given plant. That is in regard to the first question.

Regarding the question about differences in the material, after the terps were evaporated off, that is for an experiment.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I believe Sam knows but he's not telling, proprietary information/intellectual property and all that, which is his right!

St. Phatty

if they were the same, their effect would be very similar.

but it's not.

NL5 x Haze ... smoking like an Afghani ?

not when I had good examples of each one.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If they put 1/2 the effort into understanding the effects of cannabis on humans (and dawgs), that they have put into finding a vaccine for this level 4 bio-weapons lab pathogen foochie paid the chicoms to develop, we may know why a Sativa and an Indica have different effects on us.

I don't have / can't source any "high" Sativa. Otherwise I would try vaping the terps off that and the heaviest indica I have. Even if the vaping had different effects, why? The ABV, which has most of the oils still, would probably have effects similar to the unvaped stuff, maybe. Surely there isn't a psychedelic terpene, or combo thereof, is there?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
THC without terps? Almost all commercial edibles before a few years ago. Recently there are a few companies which have been adding terpenes to the mix, which makes a significant difference. Nothing beats the natural mixes the plant makes though.

Yes, almost the exact same ratios of thc/cbd/cannabinoids in sativa and indica. The difference is mainly in the terpenes, with some of the latest research pointing toward things like THC-v or other more rare cannabinoids in the long flowering sativas.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Actually, from what I read and the way I understand it, we DO know the difference between Indica and Sativa and, YES, it is the terps and, more specifically, limonene (in Sativa) that gives the soaring Sativa high. You can sim this by adding a drop of Limonene to your rosin.

Perhaps I misunderstood or the info I read was wrong. But, if you go to any analytics lab and review their reports, I found that the Sativas did, indeed, have way higher amounts of Limonene. The Indica samples also had an overwhelming terp but I don't recall which one. I think it was Myrcene. I could have the terps wrong but, like I said, go to any analytical site and look at a couple hundred results. Compare the Sativa and the Indica and tell us what you find out.

Here's a lab I go to for breakdowns. https://client.sclabs.com/sample/295690/

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
If they put 1/2 the effort into understanding the effects of cannabis on humans (and dawgs), that they have put into finding a vaccine for this level 4 bio-weapons lab pathogen foochie paid the chicoms to develop, we may know why a Sativa and an Indica have different effect

jesus christ can you stand to not inject your unfounded political bullshit into every thread/ orifice?

can't even talk about weed and the antivaxxer/ conspiracy theorists interject with their moronic garbage shit all up in it.

:moon:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
my guess is that there are unresearched trace cannabinoids that are mainly responsible.

ace seeds posts up their terp reports, myrcene is very heavily represented in many of their sativas (oldtimers haze, golden tiger, zamaldelica, etc.)

my guess is that since the myrcene supposedly synergizes with thc, that can explain part of the ceilingless effect of strains without exorbitant amounts of thc or other compounds of a depressant persuasion (maybe linalool? ... pronounced 'lin a low all', not 'lin a lewl', lol pedantic arsehole i am)

adding thca isolate seems to make me supper high for a short time (kinda generic, but tachycardia sets in for sure) followed by a very prominent crash, often leading to naptime.

i think limonene certainly added to the uppy and mood uplifting effects.

i think (from personal experience) that caryophyllene can add to the electric effect as well as possibly the visual distortions.

to me, from my limited experience with them, both terpinolene and ocimene heavy strains seem to be quite dreamy. it might be due to some combo, not sure.

when i add cbg isolate to my weed high, it seems rather dissociating. relaxing to an extent, but i can sure see it being partially responsible for dreamy/ drifty/ trippy effects (maybe... this is all speculation based on personal experience).

cbd isolate is also drifty and dreamy, but it is also relaxing and more notably lowers the head high effects of thc. i swear it feels like i am on a tiny dose of mushrooms when i have no tolerance to cbd or thc and smoke a sativa leaner with the cbd concentrate; but smoke it with an indica, it's lights out. i think cbd synergizes with a lot of different drugs, like thc does but in a different (more down like gaba) way.

hyposomniac

my guess is that there are unresearched trace cannabinoids that are mainly responsible.

ace seeds posts up their terp reports, myrcene is very heavily represented in many of their sativas (oldtimers haze, golden tiger, zamaldelica, etc.)

my guess is that since the myrcene supposedly synergizes with thc, that can explain part of the ceilingless effect of strains without exorbitant amounts of thc or other compounds of a depressant persuasion (maybe linalool? ... pronounced 'lin a low all', not 'lin a lewl', lol pedantic arsehole i am)

adding thca isolate seems to make me supper high for a short time (kinda generic, but tachycardia sets in for sure) followed by a very prominent crash, often leading to naptime.

i think limonene certainly added to the uppy and mood uplifting effects.

i think (from personal experience) that caryophyllene can add to the electric effect as well as possibly the visual distortions.

to me, from my limited experience with them, both terpinolene and ocimene heavy strains seem to be quite dreamy. it might be due to some combo, not sure.

when i add cbg isolate to my weed high, it seems rather dissociating. relaxing to an extent, but i can sure see it being partially responsible for dreamy/ drifty/ trippy effects (maybe... this is all speculation based on personal experience).

cbd isolate is also drifty and dreamy, but it is also relaxing and more notably lowers the head high effects of thc. i swear it feels like i am on a tiny dose of mushrooms when i have no tolerance to cbd or thc and smoke a sativa leaner with the cbd concentrate; but smoke it with an indica, it's lights out. i think cbd synergizes with a lot of different drugs, like thc does but in a different (more down like gaba) way.

cbg isolate eh? Is that readily available?
I save labels from the med dispensery when something hits me right... cbg and cbc seem to be present in my favorite shit.
picture.php

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i get mine (cbg isolate, cbd isolate, broad spectrum tincture that has a tiny bit of cbn and cbc. cbn is good for sleep) from the hemp barn.

they also have a whipped lookin terp resin with both cbg and cbd that i'm getting ready to try out.

i am on a thc hiatus right now and the hemp barn has been my savior.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sam always said that plain THC is flat and boring.

the 98.5% pure THC that is "allegedly" in some of the vape cartridges sold is exactly that, flat & boring. gimme well grown weed with all of the intact compounds/flavors in there that God intended for us to have.:woohoo:

White Beard

To me, it’s even less than academic: I eat food, not extracted isolates, as there is more to food than knowing the ratios between various fractional components; I know it works better than vitamins. Likewise, I’ll stick with hash, weed, and pressed extracts, not fractional isolates. I *know* they work - why should I spend money on a fragment someone tells me is “the good stuff”?

I mean, it’s not that the chemical research isn’t interesting, I’m just not interested in every single component being pushed as “a superior product”. Maybe it’s just me....

mexweed

Veteran
the 99% thc diamonds I get are separated by distillation and are still sold by and taste like the strain they were extracted from, obviously not as strong/concentrated of a flavor, I was dumping close to 1/8 tsp onto my banger with a cap and legitimately tripping balls/getting visuals and being high for 6-8 hours

it really started to hurt my lungs though and I realized I can't just smoke like that all the time, it's definitely a dragon though I tried chasing that high by eating multiple dispensary chocolate bars and smoking flower, and while it got close it still wasn't quite the same, with big edible doses I always fall asleep after a certain point

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What effect was the diamond THC having on your lungs besides just hurting? I wonder what effects vaping off the terps is having on my system?

Cookies have the effect of making me sleep very well. 6-7 hrs and I am good to go!

St. Phatty

the 98.5% pure THC that is "allegedly" in some of the vape cartridges sold is exactly that, flat & boring. gimme well grown weed with all of the intact compounds/flavors in there that God intended for us to have.:woohoo:

Do the humanoid angels have access to Cannabis on their space-ships ?

Or is that one of the reasons they visit Earth.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I am a big diamonds fan. The label on my favorite reads 87% THCV and another 6% THC. Terpenes run zero on my favorite up to 0.7% in the lungbuster.

The high is immediate but also wears off in under three hours. A hard day has me using close to a gram.
The same bad day using shatter comes in under a half gram.

Computing $35/gram for shatter versus $90/gram for diamonds against the higher usage of diamonds puts the dollars per day for relief at five times higher when using straight THCV.

Food costs are $3/day, no phone, no car. I am streamlined as smooth as can be. And still it is only because of the stimulus check was I able to purchase a quarter ounce and spend a week in heaven.

Yesterday's buy was a trade off for two sheaf's of wet or dry used for final sanding before paste polish. Hands cramp a lot faster than the paper can be worn down. Do not use the knives and swords enough to need maintenance anyway.

I expect eventually none of the major components are going to have any effect. Heading that way as my liver shuts down.
At this time the occasional kick ass one hit bud I toke has nuances of high no amount of concentrate can match. Something else is missing.

Latest posts

Latest posts