What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No till gardening , pure organic, 2 strains, 3 plants.

Hi! For people new to "no till" gardening that means "no bottled nutrients" even some organic nutrients use a process that's not organic to break down organic matter and turn it into liquid bottled feed., so it's not really organic!!
I will be using Mega worm (worm castings) fish, blood and bone meal, seaweed powder, palm tree ash, volcanic loam, and bat guano, mixed into a tea with organic molasses and bubbled with an air stone to encourage more beneficial bacteria for at least 24 hrs before watering.
I'm growing 2 wedding cake from garden of green seeds and one seed that's actually a mistake of mine when a Emperor's Mandarin accidentally pollinated a Mandarin kush female. The 2 wedding cake are in small pots under a sf1000 Samsung quantum board with another 4 in small pots in coco. The accidental seed I made is under a sf4000 with other strains I have in coco.
I have also mixed a small amount of washed through coco to my soil mix and some dolomite lime, and 5% clay balls for better drainage.
All three plants are in flower now and have shown sex. All three plants was flipped at the 4/5th node. Pictures will follow very shortly..
Happy growing..!

Here is my home tea brewing equipment....

I only have 3 small plants that I'm growing organic...
Today I will be mixing one large spoon of mega worm, one spoon of blood, bone, and fish meal into 10 Litres of water with an air stone.
Ignore the other nutrients and res , because that's for my coco grow.

Attachments

• 15958612853594947027803790031357.jpg
    15958612853594947027803790031357.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 20

mexweed

Veteran
no till is actually impossible indoors, the term refers to not turning the soil on a piece of land that has had too much soil erosion especially when fertilizer runoff is a concern

even if you are growing in a 30gal and removing the root mass and adding organic amendments to recharge the soil/feed the worms, that is turning/mixing the soil which is tilling

also, if it's organic it's living, worms and beneficial insects are the minority of living organisms in an organic grow

lots of industry jargon

will be watching the grow, the larry I grew from garden of green was dank

Cvh

Supermod
Great going I fully support you. I hope you don't mind me following your grow.

As a side note I'm afraid Mexweed is correct about the terminology. No-Till is literally the practice of not tilling. But that's just terminology, who cares right?

Cheers my friend.

I never knew that. The mega worm I'm using is broken down plant matter that's been slowly broken down by worms, so I'm half way there (lol.) So all the videos on YouTube that repeat this process aren't actually "no till" either.. You learn something new every day. Still this would be cleaner than using bottled nutrients, so I'll just say it's a cleaner grow with manure and guano and no bottled food.
Thanks for the information. God bless and have a nice day!

This is soil plant number 1 under the sf 4000 in my main room, shes just over 2 weeks old, and was flipped at the 5th node in a 5 litre pot, shed hungry and is getting her first organic tea today.

Attachments

• 15958781632198428871347035337369.jpg
    15958781632198428871347035337369.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 19
This is strain number 2 in soil x2 wedding cake from Garden of green. Both plants are healthy and very similar in structure so far. These plants are a little under two weeks into flower under a sf1000 quantum board.

Attachments

• 15958813915677158195636617345311.jpg
    15958813915677158195636617345311.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 15958814638134497468484953044817.jpg
    15958814638134497468484953044817.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 22

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I will be right behind you. i am setting up a big living soil bed vs coco grow right now. everything will be lab tested in order to get some sort of quantification at the end.

I will be right behind you. i am setting up a big living soil bed vs coco grow right now. everything will be lab tested in order to get some sort of quantification at the end.

Hi! My coco weed always seems to be way stronger than any organic crop I've ever grew, and I'd have to say that growing in soil with chemicals gives me a much stronger smoke also... What's your opinion?

I'll be growing in hydro soon when the weather cools down a bit because it's hard work in my main flower room watering 23 plants by hand, and as you can imagine I've got high humidity with all that watering that I do.
My next grow will be a 72litre DWC single pot, and 3x 33 Litre DWC single pots with 12 regular beans hand watered on the other side of my room, I'll be chucking a few males so hopefully the ones I've got left won't cause too much humidity because I'm struggling at the minute with 2 dehumidifiers running, and it's still high 60's.

Latest posts

Latest posts