What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

China sending some kind of seeds here

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Last edited:

Gry

First it was plant food, now it is seeds.
How long before they start sending veggies ?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
doubt they'll be sending veggies, their agricultural region is under a lot of water right now.
they'll be facing famine if they make good on their promise to Australia to not buy their wheat and corn, because corona.
i would think the seeds are invasive species that are difficult to get rid of.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - what a strange report - the Chinese look to be blanket mailing un-ordered - and un-labelled seeds to Amazon customers in Western nations - and it could be some sort of bio-attack on the food chain, some voices are saying - wow -

* so should we return the favour and start blanket mailing cannabis seeds to Chinese addresses?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First it was plant food, now it is seeds.
How long before they start sending veggies ?

They just bought acreage in Tay ninh which is west of Saigon toward the cambodian border , and was considered the seat of communist power in South Vietnam in the 60's and as a result they took lots of agent orange droppings among other fun things. My Wife's family owned ( I am corrected, has sold a lot and still owns a lot more ) lots of property here which has now been sold.......to chinese buyers who paid a big premium* for this land and who will be growing farms here.

Do you think they will be exporting those crops? Why yes indeed that is the plan. Where do you think will be a big market for them?

Funny how some things come back around. :whee:

* as high as USD $1,000/sq meter for farmland ( not a misprint )

T

TakenByTheSky

The world needs to blanket mail some nukes to China to say thanks for the corona virus.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah - what a strange report - the Chinese look to be blanket mailing un-ordered - and un-labelled seeds to Amazon customers in Western nations - and it could be some sort of bio-attack on the food chain, some voices are saying - wow -

* so should we return the favour and start blanket mailing cannabis seeds to Chinese addresses?

totally...dude

Cvh

Supermod
Not a bio attack.

It's the shopping platform version of click fraud. Just scrupulous sellers using fake accounts that do fake purchases and then sending tracked packets to real addresses to boost there reputation with verified reviews.
The seeds are just something cheap to put in. They just hadn't thought it might raise suspicion. They had better used some cheap jewelry or other crap instead of seeds if you ask me. The idea behind it was that people just thought they got something for free by mistake. Not to raise paranoia or do a bio attack.

https://www.latinpost.com/amp/artic...ending-americans-unsolicited-seed-packets.htm

Possible E-Commerce Scam
Jane Rupp, the president of the Better Business Bureau's Utah Chapter, said the incident is likely part of a scam known as "brushing." The scheme involves companies who will send random residents a product so they can post a fake review under the receiver's name, Fox 13 reports.

The "Fake Listing Scam" is employed by disreputable sellers on e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com. The system involves criminals buying their own products and shipping it to a real address so they can make a "verified" review.

Most products from these con artists build up legitimate sales. People who buy from fake listings would never receive their products.

Gry

Not a bio attack.

It's the shopping platform version of click fraud. Just scrupulous sellers using fake accounts that do fake purchases and then sending tracked packets to real addresses to boost there reputation with verified reviews.
The seeds are just something cheap to put in. They just hadn't thought it might raise suspicion. They had better used some cheap jewelry or other crap instead of seeds if you ask me. The idea behind it was that people just thought they got something for free by mistake. Not to raise paranoia or do a bio attack.

https://www.latinpost.com/amp/artic...ending-americans-unsolicited-seed-packets.htm

Possible E-Commerce Scam
Jane Rupp, the president of the Better Business Bureau's Utah Chapter, said the incident is likely part of a scam known as "brushing." The scheme involves companies who will send random residents a product so they can post a fake review under the receiver's name, Fox 13 reports.

The "Fake Listing Scam" is employed by disreputable sellers on e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com. The system involves criminals buying their own products and shipping it to a real address so they can make a "verified" review.

Most products from these con artists build up legitimate sales. People who buy from fake listings would never receive their products.
Prime time !

armedoldhippy

Veteran
China has some plants we damn sure don't want. there is one called "giant hog weed", which closely resembles Queen Annes Lace (some of you no doubt familiar) except that it gets much taller, & the sap of the plant is more caustic/acidic (whatever) that it will blister your skin, and people cutting it down unknowingly have nearly lost their eyes/vision. have read scattered reports of it on east coast, along with a new type of tick (just what we need, right?") called the "Asian longhorned tick" which can apparently reproduce asexually, and can kill livestock infested with it. first noticed in Maryland in 2017, but now known to have been there since about 2010. thanks, China...bastards.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yea, much like the world did to the USA after we sent them the Spanish Flu.............../S

some research says WE first noted it in a Kansas army camp full of vets returning from WW1. other reports say it originated at a British Army camp in France at end of war. another hypothesis says it too came from China along with imported labor. damn shame we can't do our own work & live or die with the diseases we already have on hand...i guess slave labor (or close to it) is just too damn profitable to pass up. the Man has to make a profit, you know.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
some research says WE first noted it in a Kansas army camp full of vets returning from WW1. other reports say it originated at a British Army camp in France at end of war. another hypothesis says it too came from China along with imported labor. damn shame we can't do our own work & live or die with the diseases we already have on hand...i guess slave labor (or close to it) is just too damn profitable to pass up. the Man has to make a profit, you know.
Most everything I've read or seen on the Spanish Flu is pretty much in agreement that the first cases of it were seen at an Army base in Kansas. As the USA was having a hard time getting volunteers, the Government decided to keep all information about it quashed so it wouldn't hurt moral. As it spread to other countries those countries also quashed all info about it. As it turned out Spain was the first country to acknowledge that a deadly Flu was going around..........so I guess Spain was "rewarded" by having that Flu named for them!

St. Phatty

i was thinking, Kratom seeds maybe ?

China could kick the US in the nuts, by giving away a replacement for American medical care.

although I think "medical" industry revenues will be up this year.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i was thinking, Kratom seeds maybe ?

China could kick the US in the nuts, by giving away a replacement for American medical care.

although I think "medical" industry revenues will be up this year.

if not, i don't know why. printing their own over-valued c-notes for fucks sake...