What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overstretched/too tall plant help please

So let my Platinum Garlic plants stretch FAR to tall. They no lie tripled in size. Needed them at 4-4.5 ft... ended up 6ft-6.5

Now my buds aren’t as thick/big as they should be (friend growing same strain but smaller plants) will the plants getting so tall and lanky make the buds grow longer and skinnier ??? Or is there another issue

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to say what's what without pictures and more details but if you've got the headroom they'll produce nice flowers at any height assuming you light and prune accordingly.

I’ll try adding a few pics this weekend. They stretched right into the 1ks. Best I could do is 8-12 inch away with vented 1ks. Eventually realized it wasn’t worth running at 1k so dropped to 750

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super crop them, bend the stems, twist them around, bend over tops, etc. maybe even get a super cropper tool! Sort of like a heavy rubber coated needlenose plier. I just use my needle nose, but the tool has a spring on it I believe.

Super crop them, bend the stems, twist them around, bend over tops, etc. maybe even get a super cropper tool! Sort of like a heavy rubber coated needlenose plier. I just use my needle nose, but the tool has a spring on it I believe.

Did all that lol. They put grew everything. I have branches that look like squiggle lines lol. They just wouldn’t stop stretching

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So let my Platinum Garlic plants stretch FAR to tall. They no lie tripled in size. Needed them at 4-4.5 ft... ended up 6ft-6.5

Now my buds aren’t as thick/big as they should be (friend growing same strain but smaller plants) will the plants getting so tall and lanky make the buds grow longer and skinnier ??? Or is there another issue

Could be lumens of light, hours....numerous factors. Could be the pheno.

Latest posts

Latest posts