What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad mite damage?

trippn

Not experienced this issue previously, nothing changed in recipe since last grow. Potential broad mite issue?

Have used 120x scope but not seeing any live mites, or even eggs, i believe.

Attachments

• cpk l.jpg
    cpk l.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
  • cpk l2.jpg
    cpk l2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 34
  • cpk3l3.jpg
    cpk3l3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 40

trippn

Here is a pic of another branch i pulled off of a different plant. Only branch effected, all new growth looks fine. this branch came from the bottom of the plant. Looks like a more severe case of the same problem?

been Ph checking regularly, always between 6.0 - 6.5 .

can't be a water heat issue, the hose is well cooled down by the time it got to this specific plant.

Attachments

• gdpc.jpg
    gdpc.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 30

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is really hard to say. If you've got a scope Broad mite live at the base of the leaf. If that's broad mites those plants are culls. You'll get them under control. Until you can confirm I'd be careful what plants you touch in what order.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Insecticidal plant soaps will stop those bastards, but make sure you spray well before you start getting flowers.

trippn

I use buildasoil's IPM mix, but have honestly been lax on it, going to start up again hard. read wettable sulfer is a good thing to spray as well. luckily barely entering flower, im going to hit shit hard

mack 10

Veteran
Could be. The taco leaf does sometimes
Come from Broads.
If it's broads they will get worse,
Pretty quick.
Swarski predator mites Is what you need.
(If it is broadmites)

I'd try a soap wash first just incase it's from high temps/humidity or whatever

Grapefruitroop

OP try to look at 60x..is enough to spot em
Like others said the damage should get worse very fast if there are mites...
I would go with just 2 properly done aplications of some miticide adult + eggs and be done
Insecticidal plant soaps will stop those bastards, but make sure you spray well before you start getting flowers.
Did u fought an infestation with insecticidal soap and thats it?!?!?!?
Wow...Mine laughed at it...nothing...sulfur slowed em down a bit..and i couldnt get my hands on spinosad at that moment

I solved with abamectin+hexytiazox....then predatory mites...
Never seen a bad mite again a year after..

Aspirin and chitosan are very helpful to keep the plant alive and thriving during the poison time...
Good luck i hope they r not mites btw:tiphat:

trippn

Could be. The taco leaf does sometimes
Come from Broads.
If it's broads they will get worse,
Pretty quick.
Swarski predator mites Is what you need.
(If it is broadmites)

I'd try a soap wash first just incase it's from high temps/humidity or whatever

going to gran some predator mites as well.

my 2nd post looks worse than any broad mite damage i have ever seen, making me think it is a lock out or overabundance of something. temps have been rather mild this year.

trippn

OP try to look at 60x..is enough to spot em
Like others said the damage should get worse very fast if there are mites...
I would go with just 2 properly done aplications of some miticide adult + eggs and be done

Did u fought an infestation with insecticidal soap and thats it?!?!?!?
Wow...Mine laughed at it...nothing...sulfur slowed em down a bit..and i couldnt get my hands on spinosad at that moment

I solved with abamectin+hexytiazox....then predatory mites...
Never seen a bad mite again a year after..

Aspirin and chitosan are very helpful to keep the plant alive and thriving during the poison time...
Good luck i hope they r not mites btw:tiphat:

i'm using a 60x - 120x scope and can't find a mite for the life of me. will look into those pesticides.

Latest posts

Latest posts